Psynews Contest

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah! so you did  ;)

didnt spot that one.

apparently mastering is the bitch of all bitches and not fun at all.

368604[/snapback]

yes i can for sure be a huge pain in a certain place. Especially if you want the result to be fairly equal and you have different tracks from different artists. It's not an easy job for sure....

I only charge Euro 500 and hour. :P

and im sure it takes you more than an hour to master

368608[/snapback]

Yeps like 8 hours a day for 2 weeks = I am rich :P

So bring it on. I am game :)

I don't these reply's bring us foreword.

Let's focus on the compilation.

how about everyone who's gonna be in the compilation pay's a small fair price for the mastring of his track. If the compi sells, it gets the money back.

I, myself, wouldn't mind paying a price for a solid mastering, considering that it will be released.

I don't these reply's bring us foreword.

Let's focus on the compilation.

how about everyone who's gonna be in the compilation pay's a small fair price for the mastring of his track. If the compi sells, it gets the money back.

I, myself, wouldn't mind paying a price for a solid mastering, considering that it will be released.

368622[/snapback]

how about let's try to find solutions "for free" first :)

there are no money really.

it's not hard to form a jury to select the winning tracks.

367618[/snapback]

i think it is, to find openminded objective peeple and to get them for jury, its gona be hard, i wouldnt want psynews members for example in jury ;), so we need to look elswhere...;)

how about let's try to find solutions "for free" first :)

there are no money really.

368632[/snapback]

I think a contest is a good and fun idea but let's be realistic. A CD relase? With no money or a label backing it up I doubt it will happen. Unless there's a label out there that like to invest in it. But why not just have a contest for fun where the "winners" price is the glory and fame on psynews :)

I'll be happy to be one of the judges if it's ok with people. Or maybe it's better to just let all people vote in a few different categories (psy, chill, progg, full on) minus those who participate.

I might be willing to open up a 1 gb server and host it if people are interested.

for the last few pages we have been talking about an online mp3 release.

somethink similar to Elixiria's compilation Private Message.

or at least i was!

pay attention.

people, bring solutions, don't complicate this even more.

now someone explain me, cause i don't know.

why do we need a label if we want to make an mp3 release, online?

what for?

I might be willing to open up a 1 gb server and host it if people are interested.

368638[/snapback]

thanks, that rocks.

i'll gather a few people and try to discuss a few things, decide how we start and how we continue, who does what, who goes in the jury, etc.

i am hoping that even released names will be in the contest.

i am hoping that some released/famous artists will be in the jury as well.

also, those who participate in the contest should not be involved too much in the organisation of this contest.

i'd like a holly yes from mars first though.

That's how i feel, there could be a dedicated page where you could download the winning tracks, if there was a visible link on this page i think alot of people would listen to the tracks. And maby we could have a new contest each year or maby two per year.

I think we should start small and see where it leads.

368676[/snapback]

some bigger advert/banner would be good, cause it wont be enough with pinned thread in some forum, even if this is contest forum ;)!

What if...

there are a couple of categories like goa, full on, dark, proggy. These categories make up one CD. Every category has a winner, so... Full On winner gets released by a Full On label - TurboTrance or something. Dark gets released by Trishula for example. Goa by Suntrip =] Proggy by Iboga or Tribal Vision...

I'm sure all these labels have got a free slot in their upcoming compilations and it would be cool for them to have a competition winner.

What do you think?

Of course, you have to speak with the labels first... but if I was a label owner I'd say 'Yes'.

I think the most important thing right now is to start the contest : if you look at the previous pages, you'll see that there's already been a debate few months ago, but nothing happened because nobody took initiatives. Let's start the contest before people's enthusiasm fade away just like it did before.

For that, we simply need rules and a place for the artists to upload their music.

You'll have time to think about the rest, as it will probably take weeks before the contest ends.

So we don't need to rush things. :)