What's everyone's opinion's on.....

Dj-Emotion

Guest The Journey Man Project

If I had never heard of what Infected Mushroom were capable of on thei first 3 albums I'd think it was brilliant, but I think this is really a cop out, the lyrics on this are a thousand time's worse than converting vegetarians... I just really struggly to get past the first track let alone finish the album... now good points are that the graphics are amazing, the production quality is out standing and they have geat ideas tucked away, but they just seem to have lost that touch that made them amazing... maybe more dub and electro styles minu the vocals would be better in the future, or get a propper vocalist who knows what the hell they're doing

IMO a very good album, IM once again demonstrate their incredible skills in producing effective and round tracks, of course with their very unique touch, but I think Converting Vegetarians was still better. Lets say 8.5/10 points.

yeah I agree....I don't like the vocals all that much but I thought the songs were top quality...I also have Converting Vegetarians, Classical, and The Gathering...I don't feel it is a full return to their "old" sound on those albums but then again i feel they have to move forward....

what's your fav. song on the album?

I think mine could be HOrus the Chorus, Muse Breaks (remix), or Frog Machine

I have listened to Infected Mushroom for years. In fact they are the ones that got me into Psy-Trance. Out of all there albums, this one is the worst. I'm not saying its bad or anything but they can definitely do better. The lyrics really ruin some of the songs. Very cheesy. I hope Infected does not start on this path of more vocals but I fear they are heading in that direction. I hear there next album will be like Linkin Park which quite frankly pisses me off. This only means they are trying to be more mainstream along with a more mainstream sound. If you haven't heard, they have built a new studio in the United States in California. They plan on working with US artists for there next album. I'm not sure what to think of all this. I don't know. Maybe they will surprise us. I'm on the virge of loosing hope in them. I yearn for more stuff like Classical Mushroom and especially B.P. Empire which in my opinion was when they were on top of there game. I understand they are trying to constantly change there music style, which don't get me wrong, is a good thing, but it just so happens they have chosen the wrong path. If theres one thing I could change about Infected this would be it.

NO VOCALS

Just my 2 cents

I have listened to Infected Mushroom for years.  In fact they are the ones that got me into Psy-Trance.  Out of all there albums, this one is the worst.  I'm not saying its bad or anything but they can definitely do better.  The lyrics really ruin some of the songs.  Very cheesy.  I hope Infected does not start on this path of more vocals but I fear they are heading in that direction.  I hear there next album will be like Linkin Park which quite frankly pisses me off.  This only means they are trying to be more mainstream along with a more mainstream sound.  If you haven't heard, they have built a new studio in the United States in California.  They plan on working with US artists for there next album.  I'm not sure what to think of all this.  I don't know.  Maybe they will surprise us.  I'm on the virge of loosing hope in them.  I yearn for more stuff like Classical Mushroom and especially B.P. Empire which in my opinion was when they were on top of there game.  I understand they are trying to constantly change there music style, which don't get me wrong, is a good thing, but it just so happens they have chosen the wrong path.  If theres one thing I could change about Infected this would be it.

NO VOCALS

Just my 2 cents

234326[/snapback]

I totally agree....they should stay awar from the STATES....for some reason i believe being here (where I'm at, LOL) will only make them move away from the sound we all love them for.....And also I agree, why the hell are they using so much vocals for!! I have yet to hear B.P. Empire and am trying to track it down on vinyl....

Any body know where i can get B.P. Empire on vinyl (online store) ?

For me, it's The Gathering and Classical Mushroom all the way. Call Infected crap if you want, but those two albums are simply amazing. You can do so much better than IM The Supervisor, by listening to those two albums. Incredible classics. Psy nowadays only tries to emulate that stuff (and fails miserably) (think Talpa - Art of Being Non, which is still a great album btw)

I do think they can do better than their last few albums. IM sucked, I'm sorry... but then most artists who release great, influential albums usually only release a couple before they slide into mediocrity. Even the masters start to suck after a while (Black Sabbath, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, KISS, Orbital, Prodigy, Nine Inch Nails, Pearl Jam, KMFDM, the Offspring, Ramones, etc.)

I'm not saying the old styles have to be revived for the music to be good again. Any artist can progress their sound and still sound good. But some lose it, some don't.

For me, it's The Gathering and Classical Mushroom all the way.  Call Infected crap if you want, but those two albums are simply amazing.  You can do so much better than IM The Supervisor, by listening to those two albums.  Incredible classics.  Psy nowadays only tries to emulate that stuff (and fails miserably) (think Talpa - Art of Being Non, which is still a great album btw)

I do think they can do better than their last few albums.  IM sucked, I'm sorry...  but then most artists who release great, influential albums usually only release a couple before they slide into mediocrity.  Even the masters start to suck after a while (Black Sabbath, Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica, KISS, Orbital, Prodigy, Nine Inch Nails, Pearl Jam, KMFDM, the Offspring, Ramones, etc.)

I'm not saying the old styles have to be revived for the music to be good again.  Any artist can progress their sound and still sound good.  But some lose it, some don't.

234355[/snapback]

Very nice, almost perfect words! ;)

I agree...after releasing such awe inspireing, groundbreaking works as their first 2 albums.....it's gonna be hard for them to follow up.....And has been!

I don't like it at all. The production may be good but it sounds plastic. No soul at all in the music. Altho they are extremly talented and that talent shows from time to time in certain tracks. The Gathering and Classical Mushroom is two of the best albums ever released imo. And I've stopped hoping for something even near that good long time ago. They seem to doing worse album for album. Anyway...To bad they took the approach on progress they did :P

well I don't like it all... not because they used to create better stuff or changed their style... even if I'm the supervisor was the first album of infected mushroom I wouldn't like it... the bass line doesn't do it for me... In the contest who can create the best morning fullon formula infected mushroom didn't win at all... I don't blame them going into the typical morning fullon direction cause everybody does... it's a period... but their typical way doesn't fit in morning fullon...

infected mushroom is the best in melodic psychedelic trance but not in morning fullon imho...

after releasing such awe inspireing, groundbreaking works as their first 2 albums.....it's gonna be hard for them to follow up.....And has been!

234363[/snapback]

No, thats not it. Have you not heard? It has not been hard for them to follow-up at all. If they wanted to make something on par with Classical Mushroom or B.P. Empire they could do it, considering they've released three (according to MOST people) great albums! Anyway, when they released IM the Superviser, their intentions were not to follow-up with any old style, (except part the innovative style that began with the catchy lyrics-filled track on Converting Vegetarians: Other Side). IM's point is to be less ellaborate, sound more popish, thus be more appealing and accepted with a wider audience! The general audience doesn't know what psytrance is, and yet people are just beginning to hear about IM, but it hasn't taken off just yet. They have played in the USA; California, a friend has informed me, either that and/or its happening soon or again. In order to get radio play, they need more popish songs; shorter songs, songs with lyrics, (which paints a face on the song) hence songs many of us PSYTRANCERS don't like. What IM is doing is only more-friendly to the majority because lets be realistic, the majority of music listeners in general don't know who Infected Mushroom is. Many of those who are hearing the more poppish songs for the first time ever by IM, they think this is a new group because they are unaware of their history.

Infected Mushroom still has creative control over their work; this was an essential part for them to remain in control of their work or it wouldn't work ... and they're aware that they must sacrifice the ellaborate psytrance direction if they want to reach a wider audience, at least for right now. This is the reason for the lyrics, and instead of them completely changing right away, which would be a blow to their fan base, they're obviously doing it gradually. Look at the whole picture: It has taken IM 6 albums (one double) for them to get to this point, and they have a ways to go. I think in general, we'll see less and less of the old, crazy-wild, intricate psytrance stuff, and the more new stuff will become more and more poppish, with lyrics, voices, and singing fused with trance, until one day they may not even be called psytrance anymore. Just listen to their new album compared to the others. It is EXACTLY what they INTENDED it to be. They asked for this and they're getting it.

Now if anyone feels IM has sold-out or become crap, its not the mojority of listeners, but many of the goatrance / psytrance fans on several sites including this one, who wish they went back to making their ellaborate psytrance masterpieces. What will be interesting to see is what they choose to release next. I personally feel its obvious that they are moving further away from their older stuff, while still keeping their psytrance roots, and in time it will probably be some type of pop-trance, but not right now. There are obviously people who see the potential in IM with their innovative style, and with a couple catchy poppish songs they could really take off in the US. For more talk of them becoming more mainstream, watered-down, whatever you call it, see the B.P. Empire list of comments and reviews in the old reviews section. Some people could see this change of style and what else would be coming nearly 3-4 years before it came.

And about my er... opinion of their new album: (This is basically what I wrote when the album first came out, months back)

Infected Mushroom's - IM the Supervisor - This does have some good tracks (Track 6 for example is really good, and 2, and 3 are very well done) but I strongly feel its unquestionably the weakest main album ever put out by Infected Mushroom to date! When its good its great, but when its not, its really disappointing, like change the song FAST or shut it of disappointing. I hate the singing in the opening song; it completely kills an otherwise cool song. However some of the voices; the female voices on track 3 are very catchy! Look, if IM is going to have voices I'd rather it be a nice voice like the female bits, but not in track one and Cities of the Future; it takes me out of the mood and turns me off from the several well done songs. There is greatness in this album, but the price of greatness comes with several surprisingly dissapointing tracks due to their intentions to appeal to a wider audience. The following below is what I feel the IM albums deserve... and I'm all about comparing.

The Gathering - Hmmm, well I only liked the first song and Virtual Voyage, many seem filled with acid lines and not as much my syle, but I think this deserves an A- or B+ I realize their first album was very innovative, but does anyone know if it revolutionize?

Classical Mushroom - A

B.P. Empire - B+ or A-

Converting Vegatarians:

Trance Side - C+

Other Side - B

IM the Supervisor - C+

I must say that i love the old infected style... like the gathering, classical, BP Empire.

i think that the album I'm The Supervisor is the "worst" infected album so far. i think thier best album in BP Empire, realy unique sound in it.. amazing.

dont get me wrong, im the supervisor is ok, i can say even nice. but i would expect more from infected.

I dont know, didnt hear it yet...

I´m going to a party in one month to listen to Tim Healey from Electric Tease, because he just kicks ass... now supposedly the main attraction of the party is Infected Mushroom but not for me... I will check them out anyway, and see what´s up.. If it has anything to do with full on, I most likely wont like it

If it has anything to do with full on, I most likely wont like it

235035[/snapback]

well it's indeed fullon style but I would also check them out for like 15 min... it's still infected so why not...

you paid anyway ;)

The Gathering was amazing

Classical was good

BP Empire was mediocre

Converting Vegetarians was bad

See any reason why I didn't bother even listening to the new one? :P

Since dmtree has such weird opinions, I'm forced to do a similar list:

The Gathering was good

Classical was good

BP Empire was amazing

Converting Vegetarians was mediocre

That's more like it. :)

Since dmtree has such weird opinions, I'm forced to do a similar list:

The Gathering was good

Classical was good

BP Empire was amazing

Converting Vegetarians was mediocre

That's more like it.  :)

235886[/snapback]

lol

I remember listening to BP Empire at a record store. I was expecting much, but while it had a couple of very good tracks on it, I didn't find it good enough to even buy it. Dancefloor music, about it. :ph34r:

The Gathering is much superior. A classic for the ages. .

:P

lol

I remember listening to BP Empire at a record store. I was expecting much, but while it had a couple of very good tracks on it, I didn't find it good enough to even buy it. Dancefloor music, about it.  :ph34r:

The Gathering is much superior. A classic for the ages. .

:P

236044[/snapback]

The Gathering was IM before they fully blossomed in Classical and especially BP Empire. BP has to be one of the best psy records ever, it's deep and dancable at the same time.