goa downloads

SPAWNmaster

And that is damn hard to do, I don't understand anything of the instructions in the help file... maybe I'm just stupid though.

225472[/snapback]

trust me it took me like a month to totally understand dc++ cause I'm no computerfreak eiter... but when you understand the whole program it's really cool... there are no limits at dc ++... you'll never open that soulseek agian I guarantee ;)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, IPconfig doesn't work on my computer.

This calls for further investigation.

(not that I really understand anything about this even if IPconfig did... and I thought I was a computer nerd... napt menu of my modem...  :blink:  :huh:  :( )

225484[/snapback]

It's no problem really. You don't have to deal with all the IP crap, just select "settings" in DC++ and select "passive" in connection settings. All you have to do then is to find a decent hub.

IMO there's no need for a new psynews hubs. There's enough great psy hubs out there already. The best ones are Microdots and Psyisrael, both public and no registration needed.

IMO there's no need for a new psynews hubs. There's enough great psy hubs out there already. The best ones are Microdots and Psyisrael, both public and no registration needed.

225568[/snapback]

& psyside imho...

most of them need no registration but don't know I've tried with that passive IP and that didn't work with me :unsure: ...

& psyside imho...

most of them need no registration but don't know I've tried with that passive IP and that didn't work with me  :unsure: ...

225574[/snapback]

That's funny, I've always used passive mode without any problems. Sure you didn't mess up any of your other settings?

It's no problem really. You don't have to deal with all the IP crap, just select "settings" in DC++ and select "passive" in connection settings. All you have to do then is to find a decent hub.

225568[/snapback]

Passive mode is a limited use of DC++ ;)

Like... minimum share 5 GB? Where do they suppose I get 5 gb to share if I can't access  anything good in the first place.  :huh:

225582[/snapback]

that's dc++... no newbies allowed... they only want people who got something to offer... the rules really suck & are too high... you sometimes get banned for no reason... but it's a process... but then again don't tell me you don't have 5 gig of psytrance on your harddisk??? :rolleyes:

that's dc++... no newbies allowed... they only want people who got something to offer... the rules really suck are too high... you sometimes get banned for no reason... but it's a process... but then again don't tell me you don't have 5 gig of psytrance on your harddisk???  :rolleyes:

225585[/snapback]

No. I listen to CDs damnit.

And besides... no, I'm not going to complain anymore, I'll keep the problems to myself.

(like "You got too many slots open!" Well kiss my fucking slot! :angry: )

(like "You got too many slots open!" Well kiss my fucking slot!  :angry: )

225586[/snapback]

easy just go to settings and lower down your slots... well I hated the program in the beginning a lot when I first discovered it... but now i'm happy cause there's world of old skool goatrance out there way beyond any goa database on the internet... it just keeps coming and they don't sell it anymore so it's ok to download... I love dc++ :wub:... after a while you learn how the program works... and you now the backdoors... it just keeps getting better & better...

And "connection reset by server"... please tell me if I'm getting annoying.

225590[/snapback]

that's the hub itself that is down... so no one can enter... it's like psnews crashed... 'connection refused by target machine' or something like that... it just happens.... you don't have to annoye you about that... there are like 7 hubs where you can download psychedelic trance so 'one down' isn't a problem...

that's the hub itself that is down... so no one can enter... it's like psnews crashed... 'connection refused by target machine' or something like that... it just happens.... you don't have to annoye you about that... there are like 7 hubs where you can download psychedelic trance so 'one down' isn't a problem...

225592[/snapback]

OK, then I must've not done something wrong.

Now to actually having 5 gb... THIS is going to take some time.

OK, then I must've not done something wrong.

Now to actually having 5 gb... THIS is going to take some time.

225594[/snapback]

owkee glad I helped you out so we can end this illegal conversation :DB)

owkee glad I helped you out so we can end this illegal conversation  :D  B)

225599[/snapback]

No, no, it's not illegal... not here, anyways. Not YET, anyways.

Besides, I only download tracks for sampling purposes. And to listen to CDs I ordered but don't have yet.

Besides, I only download tracks for sampling purposes. And to listen to CDs I ordered but don't have yet.

225604[/snapback]

good writing in case "they" are watching :wacko:

No, no, it's not illegal... not here, anyways. Not YET, anyways.

225604[/snapback]

lol sure... it all starts out that way =) anyway, as far as your whining about having 5 Gigs... dude, you have quite a few CDs, right? Just rip them at 192 or higher bitrate. yeah, it'll take a little while, but in the end it is worth it, as Soulseek is absolute horse-poo compared to DC++. And in the end, ripping your CDs will help you, because a) CDs are on their way out (for listening, not purchasing), B) CDs hold a meager amount of data/audio c) you should be backing up your CDs ANYWAY to prevent the constant threat of scratching them and turning them to shit d) you'll eventually get a HD mp3 player, and having ripped all your stuff, you will be quite thankful that the work is already done for you.

sure, it takes a little time, but in the end you'll be able to "sample" to your heart's content.

-ensign

don't know of this dc++ yet but i think dc had same type of minimum limit for shared stuff and i didn't have any music files on my hdd at that time and didn't care to start copying either so i marked my dvd-rip folder (with one or two dvd's) as shared and voilà! ;)

once in psyisrael hub i was kickekbanned cuz "I was sharing incomplete".  <_<

225742[/snapback]

they don't like soulseek... and incomple files are from soulseek... they really try to get the mp3 world perfect... everything sfv check, no half downloaded files like incomplete files... full releases and not just tracks... it makes sense in a way...