unusual suspects 2

Moai

Official news from twisted rec.

Twisted Records are pleased to announce the release of their highly anticipated compilation ‘Unusual Suspects 2’. The follow-up to their successful release ‘Unusual Suspects’, this release features 8 tracks of cutting-edge psychedelic trance of the calibre that one has come to expect from Twisted.

A full half of this CD consists of collaborations by label owner and pioneering trance producer Simon Posford. The CD opens up with a track by his highly successful project with Benji Vaughn, Younger Brother: ‘Epic Hair’ starts kind of light yet moody before a circular melodic synth line deepens its hypnotic effect

Hot on its tail is a new project joining Posford with Psychaos’ Joti Sidhu, Audio Chemistry. Their offering, ‘Long Long Arms’, combines one of Joti’s signature rhythmic synth riffs with Simon’s harmonic structure as they build into the frenzied intensity for which they are both famous. Twisted stars Hallucinogen and Tristan pal up next in ‘Stretch-tastic’, a bouncy tribal track with a whacking kick and a wild range of sonic madness that has already been blowing minds around the world in these artists’ performances. Benji Vaughn of Prometheus continues to push the envelope, crossing genres and mixing it all up in his quirky number ‘Oscar’, whose glittering sounds, funky baseline, and unusual harmonies will have dancefloors shaking.

Tristan’s solo number ‘Lost and Profound’ is an uplifting alternative to the recent absence of real morning music; it’s a fresh, airy track with an energizing twang that leaves you refreshed. ‘Balloon Dance’ by Metal Sharon, Simon’s new project with Merv (Eat Static), a full-on track is but a taste of what listeners have in store in their upcoming album, to be released on Twisted in 2005. Tristan and Prometheus team up to deliver what will surely be an international hit, ‘Grow More Pot’. This thumping track has relentless momentum, with driving drum loops and screeching sounds that will be raising the roof on parties worldwide.

Closing this winning comp is a true surprise – a trance track by a twisted ambient genius under the name Hikikomori. ‘Black Ops’ is an old school trance number with his quintessentially clear soundscapes.

‘Unusual Suspects’ 2 is available 26.02.05

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm.. I wonder who is Hikikomori? Ott? That would be interesting... Ott doing oldschool trance... yummy. :)

211086[/snapback]

hikikomori ?? It is japanese !!

mori alone means forest. i dunno what hikiko is.. and together i dunno what meaning it creates ;) .. maybe this is some kind of unknown talent on twisted!

or maybe posfords new alias ;) .. well anyway it seems like a surprise!

this could be the VA of 2005 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Long Long Arms has to be the worse Hallucinogen tune since Magik and Beatiful People.

Nothing happens all the tune. Absolutely nothing. If there weren't those nice samples from time to time it would be total disaster.

IMHO offcourse.

:ph34r:  :unsure:

211376[/snapback]

i agree.. from the sample i heard i thought it could be a promising track.. but it just repeats itself.. I was expecting something more to happen.. melodies etc. but if you have listened to joti before, he makes very repetitive stuff, so maybe thats why this track is just average!

well, this is just plain ridiculous...

The site has been updated again, postponing the UnS2 by another 2 days. 28-02-2005, so this means MARCH. Posford did talk about the distribution problems actually:

"Yes... Twisted has recently taken a serious blow, by the bankruptcy of our main distributor, EFA.... this meant we lost a lot of stock and money, and had to find new distribution... i would urge fans of twisted to actually buy the CDs, instead of just downloading it, in order to see future releases!"

in a recent interview: http://www.shpongle.com/hallucinogen/frame-main.htm

I hope everything goes well for twisted, its a company that oozes quality.

"Yes... Twisted has recently taken a serious blow, by the bankruptcy of our main distributor, EFA.... this meant we lost a lot of stock and money, and had to find new distribution... i would urge fans of twisted to actually buy the CDs, instead of just downloading it, in order to see future releases!"

in a recent interview: http://www.shpongle.com/hallucinogen/frame-main.htm

212365[/snapback]

Here's the correct link:

http://www.shpongle.com/hallucinogen/inter...en_site2005.htm

Interesting read and finally an explanation to the constant delays.

well, this is just plain ridiculous...

The site has been updated again, postponing the UnS2 by another 2 days. 28-03-2005, so this means MARCH.  Posford did talk about the distribution problems actually:

28.02.2005 Actually

Yea, sucks none the less.

4 days before my birthday.

I will never get it in time

its a hard job being funny.

212659[/snapback]

i know my sweet girl...but if u dont know...simon p. is a very poor man and he lives in paper-box outside stonehedge.so plz ppl stop downloading twisted releases because simon will be VERY angry and he will not release any twisted album AGAIN!!! (this is very serius mates...i heard that cnn and al jazira networks play simon's statements first at night news)

hey simon i ve downloaded all your releases...dont cry sick boy :blink:

i just got the copy of the CD ;)

gonna listen to it right now

hikikomori means someone who stays inside their room all day never going outside.

212905[/snapback]

When you are done please post a discription/review. :)