What is your favourite Goa Style?

AmithabaBuddha

There are many Goa-Trance styles , some of it are very spiritual and suspended (like Ethereal) others are full on melodic and very intense (the songs that torture your soul and spiritualize it at the same time , Filteria for example) , there are the super Acidezed goas (Shamanic Tribes on Acid ) and many many more , i could pass an entire day explaining all those goa styles.

What is your favourite goa sounds and styles? :rolleyes:

mmm.....thats a tricky question,so my answer will be xtremely minimal.

i always loved that deep,sweet sound that could travel you non-stop.California Sunshine for example.tracks like Forest(!),Secrects Behind The Universe and Utopia(!) from his last album.Or that track from Chi AD,The Flame of Eternal Life(what a trip).But my favorites are Hallucinogen and X-dream.And you cant really decribe them as a specific style right?

There are lot of Goa subgenres even though they have all the same spirtual feelings : Acid Goa Trance ( Cosmosis, Green Nuns, Etnica, Prana, Pleiadians, Chakra ), Psychedelic Goa ( Hallucinogen, The Infinity Project, Koxbox, X-Dream, Technossomy, Slinky Wizard, Darshan ) but Melodic Goa Trance is the best ( Transwave, Total Eclipse, Psychaos, MFG, Astral Projection, Dimension 5, Indoor, Chi-A.D, Doof, Asia 2001, Blue Planet Corporation, Man With No Name, Electric Universe ). So, basically, I like every group from the best trance era : 93-99. Those years were musically most mature and I like practically everything from then.

yeah Gnome , California Sunshine is very minimal goa. ;)

Seraph , who doesnt? Cosmosis - Cosmology is very acid but still very melodic , its my fav album from Acid Goa-Trance :) . Thanks for helping me on those goa genres ;)

As i am fan of melodic trance(like Transwave) i also like more deep trip trance (Moksha), so i don't think there is a best trance styl. Thara is only one styl TRANCE! The best example for that: Astral projection and Infected Mushroom make totaly different music but this two bands are in my favourite list :)

Anyway every music which touch my soul is great music, unfurtunately for me this is only trance or maybe it's my furtun like i hit the jakpot B)

LOL he didn't say it was minimal goa, he said that he gave a minimal ANSWER!

as for me... oldschool all the way!!!!

205095[/snapback]

Hehehe , thanks for correcting it my friend , but i think California Sunshine is a little bit minimal :)

Cheers.

Hehe, how can California Sunshine be by any means minimal ? Yes, they don't have hundreds of layers but they certainly don't sound minimal. Whole their structure sounds maximal but when you are producing you can hear how many layers they might have been using but doesn't sound minimal at all...I would call Planet BEN minimal goa...guy has minimal strucutured bass line and drum machine but his songs are filled with oriental melodies and sounds. His song TRIPPY FUTURE GARDEN is the best example and the best MINIMAL GOA TRACK ever...;)

Hey lets just talk about psychedelic goa love ;)

If there is a style or a sound or a feeling im a fan of it,i'd say the X-Dream sound.And that includes also COP sound.They were the first that sounded so DEEP in my brain.You know this heavy backround psychedelia that can make you stop dancing and start dreaming...and their basslines were always different and...well...better than anything else.Radio and Urban Alien sounds,hit me very hard...

My favorite styles:

Mind travelling:Talamasca-Sinai

Powerful but still melodic:Christof & Dj Mael-KLM

Space Psy:Pleiadians-Family Of Light

Acid stuff:Cosmosis-Gift Of The Gods

OLD SCHOOL 4 EVER!!!!!!!

I listen to all kinds of psy.

Can't make up my mind which i love most.

Now i'm into the dark progg but maybe tomorrow i'll start listening old skool again.

It's all good & sometimes i can get bored of everything. I can't understand people that only stick to one sub genre... There is sooooo much good music in every genre.

I can't understand people that only stick to one sub genre...

well it's not that we're stuck on only ONE genre (I guess I'd be bored out of my skull if I only listened to oldschool that I already know by heart) but we prefer a certain genre. For instance, there are periods in my life where I like the new stuff that's coming out. I think "man this is EXCELLENT" but then I'd stick an old CD in my player and think "the new stuff in NOTHING compared to the intricacy of oldschool". That's just how I am ;)

I'm absolutely in love with the new scandinavian stuff lately!

S-Range got me to that all ... since I saw him live I love all that modern sounding stuff :rolleyes:

Now I'm in love with Son Kite and all that, you know :wub:

However, the old stuff still lives in me.

It's just a matter of mood.

I mean, I have been TRAVELLING to that music ... so I'll never forget it :rolleyes:

I just recently put on Ra's Astral Flight and Dimension 5's Transformation on again ... absolutely great!

And Eat Static's Space Walk! Still great stuff!

Seraph we share the same tastes !

However, there is some new stuff that's pretty amazing..

It's the kind of stuff you'll put on in 5 years and you're gonna say: "Man the new stuff (2010) is nothing like the old stuff! (2004-05)"

As for the topic question, i'm more into melodic, but i love Dark too !

Sick of full-on ! :s

Damn, I still miss that wonderful Sandman album Witchkraft ! I long for that masterpiece for years now ! X - Dream used to make great music until they went down the drain. And even it is only my taste, you have to admit that nothing new they made can't remotely be compared to BRAIN FOREST and PANIC IN PARADISE, their best songs they made. Of course, I have to add OUR OWN HAPPINESS too...

I hope that this revival of the old sound from this year will continue next year and years after.

LOGIC BOMB: HEADWARE

DISTORTION ORCHESTRA: THE SHAPE ...

DEVIANT SPECIES: HATCH

ELECTRIC UNIVERSE: COSMIC EXPERIENCE

SPACE MONKEY: PSYCHOTIC EPISODE

TROLD: ONCE UPON A TIME

TARA IN PROJECT: TRANCE AND TALLICA

MIRACULIX: THE ARRIVAL

YPSILON5 : BINARY SKY

BETWEEN GOA AND FULL ON:

THE MISTED MUPPET: FROM THE LEGEND

LEMURIANS: SECRET MESSAGE

FILTERIA: SKY INPUT

CHILLGOA

TORAKKA ALBUM

I like every track (being it goa-trance, full-on, progressive and so forth) that tells a story. It's always been more about feelings and stories than some specific set of sounds for me.

Cheers,

Kalle! / Tranceform

205526[/snapback]

i agree!

i discover deep and exciting universes in every style (psychedelic, euphoric, massive-soundtracklike, industrial, dreamy, "never-ending", trashy-punky powertrance, twisted etc. )

AS LONG AS IT IS PSYCHEDELIC!!!

allways remember: goa/ psychedelic trance music is about inducing a psychedelic state of consciousness, i.e. music for the brain/ mental/ heart/ stomach/ chakras etc. that takes you away into another dimension

it´s NOT only music for the body/ legs/ funk-grooviness (if it´s the only content)

THIS IS PSYCHEDELIC music NOT TECHNO/ CLUBMUSIC/ "NORMAL"/ DISCO...