Jump to content

mars

Admin
  • Posts

    2900
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    35

Everything posted by mars

  1. ello mars. so hows dat parties planner coming along?

  2. This is not related to psy music but music in general. I found out about this thanks to this article on ZDNet : http://www.zdnet.fr/actualites/internet/0,...39370516,00.htm The yearly music festival is about to start in France and other countries as well, and many open scenes will shut their sound system off for a few minutes in order to make people aware of the values of music This "Hush" event (Chut! in French) is backed by this blogsite : http://chutleblog.typepad.fr/chut2/ Yeah, this is in french. It was created by Christian Olivier from the "Têtes Raides" group and was helped by the FNAC media stores. This blog is meant to offer a space for debating over the place of music in our societies, the future of discs and artists income in the numeric era. For once other people than big distributors have their word to say (even though FNAC is involved). I'm not related to this blog (I actually thought music concerns had left France a long time ago), but I think the techno movements which is a small scene, and especially our Psy movement which is very small, even compared to the House one, should feel concerned. Piracy on the one hand and the lack of distribution on the other hand make it difficult for labels to make ends meet, and I know what I'm talking about :drama: Feel free to contribute in that space.
  3. Ok let's say it Ukiro, you have 2000 or 2500 vinyls that fill up a whole room of yours, I know that for sure. The day you have an ant invasion you'll tear your hair off...no you don't have hair
  4. 1. Your total collection number (including everything: cds,vinyls,tapes etc. from every music genre). cds: 680 vinyls: 20 tapes: 0 mp3: tens of thousands 2. Your Psytrance & Psychill (all genres) number (including everything: cds,vinyls,tapes etc). cds: 650 vinyls: 18 tapes: 0 mp3: tens of thousands 3. Your total cd collection number (every music genre). 680 4. Your total cd Psytrance & Psychill (all genres) number. 650 5. First Psytrance or Psychill release you bought and when. I think it was Hallucinogen - LSD CDS, end of 1995 6. Fav Psytrance or Psychill release in your collection. Pleiadians - IFO Hallucinogen - Twisted Filteria - Heliopolis Etnica - Alien Protein 7. Most important Psytrance or Psychill release in your collection and why. Crop Circles' unreleased album for an obvious reason. If we're talking about a release, then it's Hallucinogen's Twisted because it opened my eyes 8. The most rare Psytrance or Psychill in your collection. Dimension 5 - Transdimensional (Intastella issue) I have Infinity Hertz also...and a pocketful of other rare stuff from 95-97 héhéhé (Makes me think Anoebis forgot to tell you he has Infinity Hz TWO, but he's too shy to tell) 9. Albums/Compilations balance. 70/30 % 10. Do you support artists from your country. Do you buy their releases? Psytrance is dead in France. Remaining artists are not my taste. Nevertheless I support Khetzal as he makes wonderful dreamy psychedelic goatrance and he's a Suntrip artist No I didn't buy his album, I offered myself one :wank: Bonus question: Do you download Psy for free? Yes, everything that's released, then I buy everything I really like from it, and archive the rest.
  5. Today i realized Anoebis hasn't got the original D5, and K.Palmer still hasn't received the his new copies. Thus i'm the only one in the world to be able to do that : Sorry for the excessive pride
  6. Yeah, I owe you an explanation. Suntrip was set to be distributed on iTunes and alike. And we thought then "ok we can also help our artists release unofficial suntrip music like that". And Filteria had some interesting tracks that could be sold but not on an album of ours. I wrote to iTunes. They said "all right we agree, but you have to subscribe to an online distributor first" (iTunes, Virgin, Fnac, Beatport, etc being only retailers getting their tunes from these distribs). I subscribed to some french online distrib, I signed a contract, sent ...and I finally received an email saying they weren't interested anymore. Typically French when it comes to Techno music. So I decided to try and subscribe with another distrib, but meanwhile I moved to another country and had lots of work, and finally didn't have the time to do it. I'm gonna retry within a couple of weeks now, and hopefully, we will, at last reach the online market, and Filteria's unknown tunes too mars / Suntrip
  7. Excellent stuff, very trippy, congratulations !!
  8. My father likes Shakta, my mother dislikes all this boomboom.
  9. HI We have RSS feeds now ! On the bottom left of everypage you have the possibility to subscribe to some feeds I created. - General forum - Reviews - Artist & Label news + Interviews - Music, Video and DJ promo You may import them using Google Reader or anyother agregator. Enjoy (especially you Basilisk) mars.
  10. Hello everybody, We are finally back online ! Thanks so much for your patience. I hope you took the time to have a look outside with all this good weather Thanks to mister Skytrancer for hosting this server at his own place. From the whole mod-team, we wish you an happy return Psynews.org
  11. Hi there, The Psynews server is going to move in the following days. The ADSL line on which it's plugged will be shut down on may 1st instead of april 1st, and the new hosting will begin on may 1st evening at best, on the 2nd at worse. That means there will be a downtime of 24 to 48 hours from may 1st. We are sorry for this, pelase be patient during that time. The "PlanB" in case something fucks up and the switch can't be achieved, we will start with a dedicated hosting. I'm backing up all the server data now. Thanks for your comprehension. mars.
  12. Arabesque's schedule in may is pretty full so you guys will have to wait till june. We are expecting it hardly too
  13. I like the way you write english. Looks like my signature
  14. You don't have to write lies and free sarcasms. Thanks.
  15. Mister gumballs, you are saying lots of things here. In these things I don't recognize at all the way we are running Suntrip, working with our artists, or interacting with Psynews... I won't even answer your bullshit, i'm pityfull about you and your anger. I also believe you know a lot and write a lot about us for a 25-posts member. Do we know each other ? I believe so, and you're just too much of a coward to write under your own name. Get lost.
  16. Hi, I have set up for you a teaser of the reissue where you can check the new mastering ! Dimension5 1996-2007 Back to Back !!!
  17. Great work Moni ! To Drosphilia: fact is people on Psynews are more oldschoolers than fulloners, that's part of the answer. About that, I'd like to thank all Psynewsers for voting for our artists and our label. This is a great reward, this gives us much energy to continue !!! We have a few thingies in store for you guys before the end of the year, you'll see
  18. I.M.O if you wanna fight, you don't stay on the General forum, neither on the OffTopic. why not using PMs... But IMO, refrain from doing that here.
  19. Great you do such things too (better one in Cyrillic for you guys though) About the forum, the exact same forum is now running over a Linux OS instead of Windows.
  20. Where ? When ? I'm loosing my mind If I forgot it, really...
  21. You read it well, I'm about to launch a part of Psynews3 : the parties planner. At the moment, pages are all white & black and I need a designer for some NICE CSSes. There are 3 pages : the party editor, the party search and the party viewer. No big deal...except the pages are JSPX and I need someone who's more or less familiar with that. Who's up to that ? Thanks to answer on mars [at] psynews [dot] org
  22. Here's mine in alphabetical order, albums in the first 2 ones, then compilations, then ambient, vinyls, and misc in the last one :
  23. About KoB i might add that Jannis looked for another style for quite a long time. The first tracks were clearly acid, and Weight of Oblivions is for me another experiment. There is a newer version now, an Ambient one, and everyone who heard it says it rocks. The other newer KoB tracks are very weird, weird and twisted. Think about early Absolum, Green Nuns, KoxBox from 97 and you get it. There is also one track to be released on another label's compilation that is close to earlier The Delta (!!!) Pretty eclectic as you can see. Tracks are deeper now, based on atmospheres and sonic research. Well so don't rely on WoO from Twist Dreams to judge. Then I thought Jannis still had some research work to put in this project. Now i'm sure KoB will be a hit. Maybe we should add more samples on the filteria page...
  24. If you ask to us personnally, and provide evidence you bougth the tracks online, then yes
  25. Hi there, Maybe some of you know Suntrip will be soon distributed onlines (iTunes, Virgin, Beatport, etc...) and all our past and future releases will be available there. Those who heard Filteria live also know he plays almost only unreleased tracks in parties. So he thought about releasing a part of them on an unofficial album on this media only. This will not be a Suntrip album, this will not be pressed, this is only for you guys willing to experience things beyond SkyInput and Heliopolis. Here's the tracklist of "Remixes & Unreleaseds" 1. Operation Mind Expansion 2. Latch 3. Poem 4. Speech Module (Filteria Remix) 5. R2V (Ze Remix) 6. Unfiltred (Sun Remix) 7. Reflected (Blinded Remix) 8. Total Planetary Being (Filteria Remix) A few details : - Operation Mind Expansion is a crossed remix between Operation Pulse and Mind Expansion - Latch is a great track from 2004 that almost made it to SkyInput, but Galactic Rays was chosen instead at the last moment. - Poem is totally unreleased. It was made in june 2005. - Speech Module Rmx is a remix of the track originally made with Red Gravity for Heliopolis. - R2V ZeRemix is one of the live mixes of Rotate to Vibrate, the most crazy and acid one !!! - Unfiltred is the live version of the track from Heliopolis, with some surprising changes ! - Reflected Blided Remix is the live version of the track from Heliopolis, more adventurous and more trippy - Total Planetary Being Rmx is a veeeery trippy track from september 2005, the original was made with Red Gravity, both were unreleased. This Remixes & Unreleased compilation, which will arrive online within a few weeks, is also meant to make you wait till the 3rd official Filteria album, which will be an official Suntrip one ! It's evolving slowly because Jannis is working a lot on his side-project KoB for a compilation and an album. Also because h's trying to find new directions and renew his Filteria sound. Tracks like Back to Earth, very Transwave-ish, and Eyeless Observatory, a unique wall of acid structures, are bound to be on that cd and believe me, you'll be surprised !
×
×
  • Create New...