Blue Planet Corporation - A Blueprint For Survival

Hi everybody, I don't know if many of you knew this, and I didn't see it on Psynews, so here it is, taken from BPC blogspot:

Posted Image

The Blue Planet Corporation's 15 years compilation will be release in few weeks on Chill Tribe Records as a double CD :

the First one as the UFK Years 1993-1994, and

the Second one as the Unreleased tracks 1993-1994.

The mastering for this compilation has been completed by Tim Valkenburg in Bali. Tim is a good friend of Gus Till and a very good sound engineer.

The interest to present this old goa stuff is to release tracks that have never been on CD and to give them a new lifting sound, wich has happened with the great work of Tim.

Because of the very low sale of CD's with the digital world exchange, I asked LoopsDesign to work on the design of this compilation to give people the possibility to find something about the "perfume" of the rave scene and have a nice object in hands.

Loops takes the advantage to have the collages of Koolkane and Setiaum wich has been made from the beginning of 90's, and put them thru his magic use of computer with his own digital style.

So finaly here is the tracklisting :

UFK YEARS 93:94

1 Overbloody Flood

2 Midian

3 Genetic

4 Juno Satellite

5 Psychonaut

6 Lubianka

7 Hemo Static + Overbloody Flood (original version)

8 Generator

9 Aquablue

UNRELEASED TRACKS 93:94

1 Hemo Static II

2 Telekinetic

3 Sub Sonic Underground

4 Barroco

5 Goa Disco

6 Restore Hope

7 DNA

Bonus tracks

8 Entropie (unreleased version)

9 Cargo Cult (unreleased version)

10 Digital Forward Inclusion (unreleased version)

The tracklisting on the first CD follow the date of publication of the 3 LP's of BPC on UFK.

But apparently there are problems to release it, so it has been delayed. More here. I really hope this would see the light! And still pray for a Blue Planet re-release (miracles happen...).

Also, check out his Myspace, the track Cosmic Dancer is very nice IMO.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

these are sad news. i read the news about a new BPC release about a year ago on gabriels myspace or his BPC website and was totally psyched. blue planet corporation had always been my favourite artist in the trance-genre. midian and lubianka are two of my favourite tracks from the early days of trance. when it was not released in last year's autumn i already sensed that this compilation might not happen at all. seeing the release-date being pushed month after month is really sad. of course we all know why this happens, many labels are struggeling hard to even get even with sales - we do not need to discuss that here again.

honestly, if PKS would ask if we would prepay for the CD to happen, i would do that instantly! if it would be released on kunaki, i'd order it from there. heck, there has to be a way ;-) - even if it would be that nasty compact-stick.

i truly hope you get this released... and that you burn Northern Exposure to the ground :pissed:

anyhow, i'll be happy to hear you play at Aurora this summer B)

all my support! :clapping:

• 1 month later...

Some great news on the compilation:

http://blueplanetcorporationmusic.blogspot...ompilation.html

If I mention the name Draeke, you can probably guess what...

What is the deal with Northern Exposure Recordings, does anyone have some info? How can they have released Blue Planet? - it's fairly cheap by the way, but the tracks have been taken directly from the CD, not from Gabriels master session...

http://www.northern-exposure.biz/

• 2 weeks later...

Good news indeed. I just wish they didn't put Crystal since it is not one of my favourites. Would have prefered Xoco. But it's no big deal. I just can't wait...

I just have a doubt - when he says "in their full version", does it mean it will be different than the version on Blue Planet?

I just wish they didn't put Crystal since it is not one of my favourites. Would have prefered Xoco.

Whaaa > ? Crystal might have been one of his best tracks, but each to his own. Also, Xoco is great, but Crystal 'defines' it. :D

BTW, cover is really trippy... I don't just plan to buy it, but to get few copies, to give as presents cause this music itself and whole initiation of such compilation is the best present any real trancehead should get, young or old, this will be pure gold.

Posted Image

honestly, no matter what gabriel and draeke decide, i am psyched, relieved and enthusiastic for this release (just see my post early on in this thread).

i was a little confused also why they chose crystal over xoco, as crystal can be found on the "blue planet" album. anybody know what the exact difference is?

i guess crystal has been chosen over "xoco", because "xoco" had been released on "retrodelic vibes 3" 2 years ago. personally i would have preferred INTRIGUE, as this track really only appeared on "pulse 4" and "nataraya 4", plus came out earlier than crystal.

i add one thing:

i find this concept brilliant: to release some old released material accompanied by material that was unreleased. my wish for the follow up would be jaia, especially the early material.

Whaaa > ? Crystal might have been one of his best tracks, but each to his own. Also, Xoco is great, but Crystal 'defines' it. :D

BTW, cover is really trippy... I don't just plan to buy it, but to get few copies, to give as presents cause this music itself and whole initiation of such compilation is the best present any real trancehead should get, young or old, this will be pure gold.

Posted Image

Bouth tracks are masterpiece with very sweet melodies and very morning ride

I totaly agree with Seraph this is very good gift for every generations specially in this time when everyone listen and love trance (goa trance)

Where will be released this album still at Chill Tribe Records or some other label ?

If Draeke is involved in the release, then I guess it is DAT records.