Pleiadians

amithaba_buddha

Guest nectarios

I've heard quite a few tunes that are new. Mauri did not say whether its the Pleiadians new album or not, but I liked quite a few tracks. Its not new school Goa, its the banging Pleiadians quasi minimal-driving-as-fuck-trance they are so good at.

Anyhow here's them playing our tunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wp67GR8Jsw&feature=related

/showoff :D

Peace out.

Its not new school Goa, its the banging Pleiadians quasi minimal-driving-as-fuck-trance they are so good at.

I liked that term 'minimal-driving-as-fuck-trance' .

Yep 'Fuck Trance' , maybe a new genre to come up soon if not already being applied to the genre!

'New Skool Goa' , another stupid term to try and re-novate the good old genre which was simply called 'Goa' or 'Goa-Trance' because that's what it is. LOL .

Who cares , stupid labels started it anyway , mega hypage in progresssssssss... cash comin' in! Yeah!

So where's the difference? Goa being made in the new millenia but difference is because instead of the old hardware the artists are using software? I mean what about Filteria which uses all that megazillion dollar hardware?

Unless it's just for the posing photos... oops , thinking outloud.

What about an artist that uses hardware will it make him a new skool goa guy or not?

Difference in sound maybe not much. You guys tell me.

Guest nectarios

I liked that term 'minimal-driving-as-fuck-trance' .

Yep 'Fuck Trance' , maybe a new genre to come up soon if not already being applied to the genre!

'New Skool Goa' , another stupid term to try and re-novate the good old genre which was simply called 'Goa' or 'Goa-Trance' because that's what it is. LOL .

Who cares , stupid labels started it anyway , mega hypage in progresssssssss... cash comin' in! Yeah!

So where's the difference? Goa being made in the new millenia but difference is because instead of the old hardware the artists are using software? I mean what about Filteria which uses all that megazillion dollar hardware?

Unless it's just for the posing photos... oops , thinking outloud.

What about an artist that uses hardware will it make him a new skool goa guy or not?

Difference in sound maybe not much. You guys tell me.

I was merely using terms acceptable by the people on this site. If its got the goa vibe, its goa trance to me, nuskool/old skool, if its got the sounds and arrangements that people used a lot in the early and mid '90s, its gool ol' goa trance. I also do think the terms are stupid...nu-skool goa, forest trance!...I mean there was all sort of trance tunes played in forests way before forest trance came along...and there was X-Dream playing dark music way before darkpsy came along...but you know then the young generation came along and they needed something like that in order to pigeonhole music.

And in case I got misunderstood, I did not include the term "fuck" as in to say "fuck trance", I was merely saying "driving as fuck" as in something that is very driving. Obviously I was not "inventing" another stupid genre, thought it was pretty obvious when I included all them silly words together?

Anyhow, back on topic, their new tunes are very nice.

Peace out.

I was merely using terms acceptable by the people on this site. If its got the goa vibe, its goa trance to me, nuskool/old skool, if its got the sounds and arrangements that people used a lot in the early and mid '90s, its gool ol' goa trance. I also do think the terms are stupid...nu-skool goa, forest trance!...I mean there was all sort of trance tunes played in forests way before forest trance came along...and there was X-Dream playing dark music way before darkpsy came along...

Also there was nectar long before nectarios came along. People give things names, get over it.

Guest nectarios

Also there was nectar long before nectarios came along. People give things names, get over it.

:lol:

I never said otherwise ;)

Peace out.

I was merely using terms acceptable by the people on this site. If its got the goa vibe, its goa trance to me, nuskool/old skool, if its got the sounds and arrangements that people used a lot in the early and mid '90s, its gool ol' goa trance. I also do think the terms are stupid...nu-skool goa, forest trance!...I mean there was all sort of trance tunes played in forests way before forest trance came along...and there was X-Dream playing dark music way before darkpsy came along...but you know then the young generation came along and they needed something like that in order to pigeonhole music.

And in case I got misunderstood, I did not include the term "fuck" as in to say "fuck trance", I was merely saying "driving as fuck" as in something that is very driving. Obviously I was not "inventing" another stupid genre, thought it was pretty obvious when I included all them silly words together?

Anyhow, back on topic, their new tunes are very nice.

Peace out.

Bro , i don't think you gotta use the terms acceptable by who-what-so-ever. Just use the terms you feel and like.

I'm not critizising you , but instead the whole scene as it is , i also share of the same opinion as you do such as :

I mean there was all sort of trance tunes played in forests way before forest trance came along...and there was X-Dream playing dark music way before darkpsy came along...but you know then the young generation came along and they needed something like that in order to pigeonhole music.

I know you didn't use the term 'fuck' on 'fuck-trance' , I did because that's what i think it is nowadays.

No man , you didn't invent anything , i think all the stupid genres of subgenres of sub sub genres are already invented.

LOL , that's actually true. That people have the need of giving it names in order to order things . :P

But why new skool Goa?

I know i had a conversation with Anoebis about this a looooooooooooooooooonnnggg time ago and i came up with this term to him , but i only mentioned it as new skool like for example the hiphop , man there is hiphop , there are the guys that belong to the old skool and the new guys which they usually say they belong to the new skool . But damn! Do you see Hip Hop being called New Skool Hip Hop outhere just because of it? NO!

These labels are just using it as a trademark , again cash comin' in , get outta of ma way!! $_$

And besides the sound is almost the same if not the same , difference is it's being made by new guys and they're using todays technology!

Who would think that Goa back in the days would be called new skool EBM with Industrial , Techno and Trance?

It got called Goa because of all the so-popular megabeach parties , well , taking place in Goa. lol

Looooooggiiiicallll.

History that's how genres get made and sometimes they even come up with some mega bizarre ideas and experiences.

Modern Goa Trance or much shorter and simple Neogoa suits best for Goa Trance music nowdays, in my humble opinion.

And yeah, can you Filipe please be so kind and name thoose ''labels'' who are using phrases like newschool goa trance and makin' cahezz$$ (based on thoose same phrases)?

Cheers

Guest nectarios

Modern Goa Trance or much shorter and simple Neogoa suits best for Goa Trance music nowdays, in my humble opinion.

For arguments sake, why?

It is so blatantly trying to sound the same (not saying that is necessarily a bad thing, some people jusut like to make what they liked hearing at parties back then) that it basically is, its just soft synths/VAs instead of analog synths in some cases. Same style of riffs, same style of delayed resonant sweep one note sequences in phasers/flangers in the background, same style of bassline, still low in the mix and that same goa kick where you can actually hear the sine wave sweeping down the spectrum, or the more common 909ish kick sound that a lot of people used back then.

Yet you want to call it something else?

For example how is this track anything else than "goa-trance"?

Peace out.

To me, Goatrance is Goatrance, it always has and always will be.

This is Goatrance!!!! No matter when, where or how it is released. It just is!

Well On topic,

Indeed their latest album was fullon, but imo, to be fullon they tried hard to gave it a goatrance feeling.

They did not succeed well, but they tried imo.

For example certain parts in this track

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=C244aNRGncw

Guest nectarios

Indeed their latest album was fullon, but imo, to be fullon they tried hard to gave it a goatrance feeling.

They did not succeed well, but they tried imo.

For example certain parts in this track

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=C244aNRGncw

Its all about tastes. I think Galactic is absolutely slamming and I am not a full on lover. There is a big difference between Galactic and their original Vimana mix for example, but there is an even bigger difference between Galactic and the Israeli cheese brigade of the sound, known as full-on.

imho always.

Peace out.

And yeah, can you Filipe please be so kind and name thoose ''labels'' who are using phrases like newschool goa trance and makin' cahezz$$ (based on thoose same phrases)?

Cheers

Since i'm not so kind i won't reveal and why should I? Are you gonna pay me for it?

Modern Goa-Trance | Neogoa | New Skool Goa , maybe they are popular terms but not genres.

There's no point of keep pressing the same key , even Mars himself agreed to it.

I Quote again the words from Nectarios :

...but you know then the young generation came along and they needed something like that in order to pigeonhole music.

Whohoooooo Michael Jackson!

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym0hZG-zNOk

For arguments sake, why?

It is so blatantly trying to sound the same (not saying that is necessarily a bad thing, some people jusut like to make what they liked hearing at parties back then) that it basically is, its just soft synths/VAs instead of analog synths in some cases. Same style of riffs, same style of delayed resonant sweep one note sequences in phasers/flangers in the background, same style of bassline, still low in the mix and that same goa kick where you can actually hear the sine wave sweeping down the spectrum, or the more common 909ish kick sound that a lot of people used back then.

Yet you want to call it something else?

For example how is this track anything else than "goa-trance"?

Peace out.

Wow :) Reading your arguments I can see that you're producer and you mentioned a lot of technical details and i agree, there isn't a big difference between goa trance than and now, except better technology, devolped software, much easier ways of recording stuff, etc. Formula is same and i can't say, alright this is different type of music but i can say that now we got a lot of artists who are actually doing goa trance music and few really cool labels who are promoting this stuff, so yeah for me it's sort of new goa trance. 6-7 years ago there wasn't goa trance music at all, except some remastered releases from 90's. I really don't see anything negative here. And speaking of Goa Trance, here is pretty nice examples of using a ''Goa Trance'' in commercial ways (and 2% of thoose releases got some goa trance music featured) :

Posted Image

90% of nowdays ''darkpsy'' is terrorcore for me, but I'm not gonna go on every topic about that kind of ''darkpsy'' music start bitching about genre name and trying to explain that actually thoose releases are not dark at all.

Speaking of new Pleiadians release, well last album was something different but I enjoyed it. Last track i hear was Seven Sisters and it sounded bad-ass so yeah I'm looking forward to hear new stuff, no matter it's gonna be full-on(ish).

Sorry for offtopic!