a3310202046_16.jpg

https://zion604records.bandcamp.com/album/virtual-jungle-remake

1.Chakra & Avi - Insignificant Form Of Life (DNA Remake) 08:14    
2.Phreaky, DNA Remake - Phreaky - The Second Moon (DNA Remake) 06:50    
3.Joti & Avi - Etheogenic Spiral (DNA Remake) 07:46    
4.Joti & Avi - Solid Bubbles (DNA Remake) 07:21    
5.Dino & Avi - Tango Electro (DNA Remake) 07:53    
6.Oli & Avi - Nuclear Fissionchips (DNA Remake) 06:59

I must say this feels like an odd choice, especially with the fact not all of the tracks were remade from the original album. The title track missing feels weird too.

Sound quality is definitely much, much better and stylistically it does definitely fall in line with Zion's output.

Will take a pass, not a big fan of all those 'new crystal clear modern re-edits' of tracks i know

inside out and are now called 'pre 2016 re edits'.

But hey, good luck.

I agree, but give it a listen. You might be surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

It's really good release, although pretty scarce on real melodies (e.g. the eastern/arabic riff in The Second Moon is all but gone...) and instead focuses more on groovy rhythms and patterns, mild(er) acidic sounds, etc. I don't mind this direction, however.

Between this, Oforia earlier this year and Skizologic in 2015 Zion604 is killing it right now with great albums!  :wub:

Will take a pass, not a big fan of all those 'new crystal clear modern re-edits' of tracks i know

inside out and are now called 'pre 2016 re edits'.

But hey, good luck.

Well, I normally would agree here with you, but this is good modern production. It has loads of warmth and depth and sounds very good mixed. Plus the mastering doesn't sound all over cristal clear and noisy.

Stuff much newer goa doesn't have. Buying it... :) Full support to zion604 here...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

You know why this album is so short? Because - normally - you build up the tension in every single track. Here, the tension is built throughout the album - early tracks sound pretty 'empty' as if some channels with melodies, bigger acid lines, etc. were muted (e.g. where's the oriental melody from Phreaky's "The Second Moon"?!) and they only appear in latest tracks, culminating in "Nuclear Fissionchips" and "Tango Electro"

I still like it, though :)