Xbox one gamertags

SixZeroFou4

I'm still thinking about getting a PS4 pro, mostly becase great exclusives that should come out next year and it would be fun to play some of it in UHD.

I was going to upgrade to the Xbox 1 S, with 4k, since I have a 4k Asus gaming monitor, but that means I would have to pack up the old one to trade it in and etc.

I will say the ps4 had better exclusives and graphics, but I just like the Xbox one.

Also my friend at the game store was mentioning Nintendo next console will be here in march. I will definitely be getting that.

So Richpa, which games were you interested in?

So Richpa, which games were you interested in?

Truth to be told after seeing the first trailers and gameplay for God of War and Horizon Zero Dawn, I was thinking about getting a new PS, because graphics and design look gorgeous.

Also, Days Gone, Detroit: Become Human and Death Stranding seems like interesting titles. You can find trailers on YouTube :)

• Like 1

God Of War looks fucking garbage. Cinematic games are killing gaming. Once again we're gonna walk in a straight line listening to the main characters talk about their problems, a scripted event would happen and a shallow action set-piece will take place.
Not that the old GOW games were anything great, but at least they had gameplay as their first priority. This one looks as awful as Last Of Us. Fuck this shit. Fuck it!  :angry:

God Of War looks fucking garbage. Cinematic games are killing gaming. Once again we're gonna walk in a straight line listening to the main characters talk about their problems, a scripted event would happen and a shallow action set-piece will take place.

Not that the old GOW games were anything great, but at least they had gameplay as their first priority. This one looks as awful as Last Of Us. Fuck this shit. Fuck it!  :angry:

Grumpy old gamer!

Skyrim remastered is great. I can't find any flaws.

@richpa - get what you think will make you happy. God of War has always delivered for me =)

Well most of the games nowdays are just like movies. I wouldn't call something grabage before actually playing it and getting to know complete storyline.

Skyrim remastered is great. I can't find any flaws.

I've also heard only positive things about it :)

@SixZeroFou4 - why do you consider purchasing X1S if you have X1 already? In terms of performance it's something like 5% faster than regular X1 therefore it won't display games better on a 4K monitor; it will upscale them (from mostly below native 1080p) just like the regular X1S does, with very minor boost in FPS in select titles. Is your 4K monitor at least HDR capable, because that would be some benefit for the games that support it? Or do you plan buying UHD Blurays and you don't have dedicated player? If you prefer to stick with Xbox brand wouldn't it be better to wait for Scorpio by the end of 2017?

@Richpa - good to see a fellow PS4 user! :) In my case I'm mostly buying games to ...not play them. I think the only ones I actually finished were The Order 1886 and Inside, which is hardly an accomplishment considering their length (the latter is awesome, though!!!). On the other hand I could sink endless hours in Driveclub, Dirt Rally or - more recently - Alienation. As I get older I see that I gravitate either to old-schoolish arcade games (like Alienation, Resogun, Super Stardust) or short/mid length story-telling & puzzle games (like Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Soma, Inside, etc.). I started Uncharted 4, Metro Redux, Ratchet & Clank and got bored somewhere 1/3 in, even if they're great games by all accounts.

• Like 1

Why not?

Why yes? What's the added value (for you)?

Just curious and I won't try to sway you to the Playstation camp, don't worry. I myself was debating whether or not to buy PS4 Pro, but decided that - with my playing habits - it doesn't make much sense if I already have a PS4. In a sense X1S is a much smaller increase over the X1 than Pro is over PS4, so that's why I'm asking :)

Why yes? What's the added value (for you)?

Just curious and I won't try to sway you to the Playstation camp, don't worry. I myself was debating whether or not to buy PS4 Pro, but decided that - with my playing habits - it doesn't make much sense if I already have a PS4. In a sense X1S is a much smaller increase over the X1 than Pro is over PS4, so that's why I'm asking :)

You're really into it. That's cool.

As for me I just buy the latest technology. No preference, just like to try the newest stuff!

As for me I just buy the latest technology. No preference, just like to try the newest stuff!

Considering the (very minor) benefits of X1S over regular X1 that you already have, I don't get that. But OK - to each his own :)

I can understand that, but it would be fun to see some new exclusives for X1S, apprently there isn't much going on regarding that matter.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/xbox-scorpio-release-date-specs-news-rumours-4k-vr

I can understand that, but it would be fun to see some new exclusives for X1S, apprently there isn't much going on regarding that matter.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/xbox-scorpio-release-date-specs-news-rumours-4k-vr

Some clarification, I guess:

- X1S is a slimmed down (lower node process) version of original X1 with small upclock to the GPU, possibility to output 4K image (but not capable to render them natively, as X1 struggles with 1080p with most AAA games) with HDR, with the addition of UHD Bluray drive - in terms of games this is a regular X1, so it's obvious there won't be any X1S exclusives, because - with the exclusion of HDR - they're exactly the same machines,

- Xbox Scorpio is a 4-5x stronger machine slated to be released by the end of 2017, which - to my understanding of Microsoft's plans - is basically a (by then) mid-range PC in a console box, tailored to play their Universal Window Platform (DX12 under Win10) games; in other words, Microsoft is going for the future where "Xbox" is a gaming platform / environment - just like Valve's Steam, EA's Origin or Ubisoft's Uplay - that you access via Windows Store or Xbox console and you can play the games using a range of devices: PC, one of Microsoft's consoles, maybe even Surface tablets - Scorpio for the demanding clients, Xbox One (S) for the masses that don't care as much for graphics, frame rates, etc. In that sense there won't be strict exclusives for Scorpio either, because it is a part of the Xbox family and games need to / should work on all members of the family (PCs, Scorpio, X1(S), maybe Surface) just to a varying degree of quality; now in 2-3 years X1(S) will probably by already too weak to play new games or they'd have to be severely compromised to function, so it will be gradually "phased out" and Scorpio will replace it as a (by then) low-end machine and new mid-range box will be introduced, while PC will remain the best option for high-end users.

Like this:

dn973012_Nixon_Figure1_hires%252528en-us

:)

• Like 1

Some clarification, I guess:

- X1S is a slimmed down (lower node process) version of original X1 with small upclock to the GPU, possibility to output 4K image (but not capable to render them natively, as X1 struggles with 1080p with most AAA games) with HDR, with the addition of UHD Bluray drive - in terms of games this is a regular X1, so it's obvious there won't be any X1S exclusives, because - with the exclusion of HDR - they're exactly the same machines,

- Xbox Scorpio is a 4-5x stronger machine slated to be released by the end of 2017, which - to my understanding of Microsoft's plans - is basically a (by then) mid-range PC in a console box, tailored to play their Universal Window Platform (DX12 under Win10) games; in other words, Microsoft is going for the future where "Xbox" is a gaming platform / environment - just like Valve's Steam, EA's Origin or Ubisoft's Uplay - that you access via Windows Store or Xbox console and you can play the games using a range of devices: PC, one of Microsoft's consoles, maybe even Surface tablets - Scorpio for the demanding clients, Xbox One (S) for the masses that don't care as much for graphics, frame rates, etc. In that sense there won't be strict exclusives for Scorpio either, because it is a part of the Xbox family and games need to / should work on all members of the family (PCs, Scorpio, X1(S), maybe Surface) just to a varying degree of quality; now in 2-3 years X1(S) will probably by already too weak to play new games or they'd have to be severely compromised to function, so it will be gradually "phased out" and Scorpio will replace it as a (by then) low-end machine and new mid-range box will be introduced, while PC will remain the best option for high-end users.

Like this:

dn973012_Nixon_Figure1_hires%2528en-us%2

:)

Excellent info. Don't stop being this cool

• Like 1

Those games are for me only interactive movies. A movie where you can control the protagonist in a scripted story line and action.

For exsample MGS. I never understand the mega hype for this game series. Just only some actions you can do, but most are just only boring dialogs, which took up to 10 minutes or more.

Those games are for me only interactive movies. A movie where you can control the protagonist in a scripted story line and action.

For exsample MGS. I never understand the mega hype for this game series. Just only some actions you can do, but most are just only boring dialogs, which took up to 10 minutes or more.

MGSV is a definition of sandbox game (gameplay based on systems), so I don't know what you're talking about... Sure, a game like Uncharted 4 is an equivalent of summer blockbuster movie, but there's nothing wrong with that - there's place for all type of games, just like with movies, music, etc. and everyone have different taste, needs and expectations. For some, the only games worthy of the name are RPGs, but for me I can't dedicate 100+ hours into single game - I prefer short (below 10h) games with a good story OR arcade games, where I can spend 30 minutes just enjoying the gameplay. It's good there's things for everyone.

Uh, the nowadays games are so...boring and lackluster. Can't be bothered at all. I play some Devil may cry 3 because I like comboing.

Call me a grumpy gamer :D

You grumpy gamer! ;):D

But seriously, there's a lot of stuff for everybody (especially on the Indie scene) just need to know where to look...