Loud - 5 Billion Star (Nano Rec.)

I can't really stand that minimalistic sound. I loved Some Kind of Creativity and Abstract was nice too. I don't understand why they have ventured so far away from that sound. It makes me sad. I have no idea how this can be 4 years of work. Some Kind of Creativity I can understand takes 4 years. They are hella talanted tho.

If I remember correctly you adored Some Kind of Creativity, I bought it from your rave reviews. I didn't regret it :)

That is true! :) I think it's amazing.

I've enjoyed Loud's stuff in the past but their stuff in the past couple years have been on the "eh" side.

I agree. I don't like the direction they have taken at all.

Well, since I'm "lucky" and haven't heard their previous albums (and what I sampled from Youtube wasn't THAT impressive) I'm buying this one - just by samples I can tell creatively it's miles above most prog-trance releases: I can hear Juno Reactor influences, live instruments, some great sound manipulation. I'd feel more comfortable if it wasn't released by Nano Rec., but I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

It's out on 11th July, so I'll let you know my impressions when I get it :)

• Like 1

Ok, it's weird as f**k - takes some 20+ minutes to pick up the pace and when it does it's this mix of experimental, melancholic progressive trance (but without much "trance" to speak of really...) with heavy influences from Juno Reactor in their "Bible of Dreams" / "Shango" phase. It seems you guys have been right, but I'm willing to give it a chance and continue listening :)

• Like 1

Thanks for your impressions so far. I'm curious how you'll find it when you get used to it.

I was hoping for more live instrumentation, some creative juxtaposition of styles and moods / textures, more fun with sounds; but so far it's OK at best - some good bits here & there, but overall I feel like it's trying too hard to be different and intelligent, with nothing to show for it... :(

At least the cover art is awesome ;)

nar1cd044_b.jpg

Yeah, trying to hunt it (+all their previous albums) down :)

You better! ;)

Full album now available to listen on Nano Rec.' Soundcloud:

Interesting to see it at the top of Psyshop's TOP100 sellers - a lot of people will be thoroughly disappointed with it... But it's really growing on me, i.e. like from 2/5 to 3/5 ;):D

Hehe, I think so too. I gave it a chance yesterday again and can't stand it. I want to tho.