So are we trying to be the goodie goodie forum of all that's out there.? What's with the commenting and then deleting of the post and making the subsequent derived post seem completely obscure!

You want to act nice and all , ok.

But then why post something in the first place?!

This applies to all. You know what I'm taking about!

From pretty serious topics to petty war of words!

Changing your stance so quickly on any matter is not right IMO. That's all I got to say.

I agree, too much trolling and commenting (personal issues?) and too little music discussing and good old fun-topics!

There should be some new blood... not sure how to do that tho... Maybe everyone can invite friends from fb?,

My point being:

Let everyone see your views. If not then don't post in the first place. Think n post. If you have posted something out of pure anger/annoyance , it's understandable. One can apologise or atleast make an attempt. Or stick to his words!

Ya, new blood is always welcomed. I second that :)

A healthy discussion on all topics is always welcome, of course we wont agree on everything and have a lot of different points of views and opinions. It is important that we respect each other in that regard.

The problem arises mainly when people (in general, everywhere) can't take a step back and view the discussion objectively and impartially (imposing, so to speak, their views and opinions on others), maybe you'll even get to learn something instead of being seen as a stuborn person. Nobody is wrong neither is anyone right.

I would never get angry at anyone because they do or think differently than myself... to me the most obvious reaction is curiosity and if I dare maybe ask why or how the person thinks, unfortunately this almost always triggers a defensive reaction like "are questioning me!?", so I simply rarely ever do that.

I think I missunderstood this topic... hmmm.

Changing stance is not to be frowned upon. I do it all the time as I learn new things and learn from my mistakes. I wouldn't remove anything I have posted (unless it's totally out of hand insulting/damaging) as I would use it as a guidestone/lesson as to which path not go down yet again.

I think I missunderstood this topic... hmmm.

I wouldn't remove anything I have posted (unless it's totally out of hand insulting/damaging) as I would use it as a guidestone/lesson as to which path not go down yet again.

As far I remember, deleted posts were pretty disturbing and also few were pretty abusive. Deleting the abusive/insulting one's is right.

The only thing to learn here is, if you know well beforehand that stating something (facts/comments) on a serious topic is gonna be the cause of turmoil. Why do it ? Better refrain or come out with truth and nothing but the truth.

I understand what you're getting at but if you'd ask me I would not tell people outright to refrain from posting even though it might take the discussion in a direction that was not meant.

Though being deliberatly mean and belittling in a discussion is not especially efficient, it is still up to the mods to set whatever criteria it is when a user has gone too far.

I always respond to everyone as if they meant things seriously and for that matter everyone being earnestly truthful. This way even the trolls get sidewinded (it's no use because I troll them right back or tell them they're entirely right o_O).

Example:

Someone calls me an idiot.

I don't take this as an insult as the person in question wouldn't call me an idiot for no reason whatsoever. Either the person has evidence to back up the claim or the person called me an idiot for teh giggles (whereupon I *shrug* and move on/or play along). In either case we should both be able to move on in a gentlemanly fashion.

Also in rare cases the person might have a psychiatric disorder to back up the random hate towards random people and thusly should be approached with care and concern.

In essence, you probably wont ever see me pissed off...

In essence, you probably wont ever see me pissed off...

I'll teach your mother to suck eggs!

We just need more fun topics that doesn't involve music.

It's amazing how angry people get about music on this board.

Yse! I was shockde to see no posts from Radi and had to PM Rotwang for confirmation on him.

He also turned up on the forum mere hours after you did so.

2spooky4me

He also turned up on the forum mere hours after you did so.

2spooky4me

Yeah! I was spooked too.

I had left a post somewhere on that.

I was listening to Boris Blenn back then. Could that be the reason? :P