Elysium - Forthcoming Album Teasers

Guest The Hypnotic LFO Room

Merry Christmas :)

Here's some teasers from Elysium's forthcoming album "Dance For The Celestial Beings part II" due to be released mid 2014.
4-5 tunes are now in the final stage of being composed and the final album will include 7-8 tunes.

Make sure to check out all the rest of the content on Elysium's SoundCloud. There's a lot of free music in full CD quality dating back to 1994.

Enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/elysium94/sets/dance-for-the-celestial

Cool. If we contributed to this via the crowd funding do we still get physical copies?

Yes of course :) There should also be an email send out to you yesterday :)

WOW!

Back to old school! Really supprised with this one, can't wait. Good luck Kristian! :)

Thanks mate :)

Yes 100% Old-school. This album will complete the circle of 20 years of Elysium trance. 2014 is the 20 years anniversary so its perfect timing for the new album and a upcoming Summer World tour.

I've updated "Deep Sea" with a longer teaser.

Just take your time to perfect this. Sounds really good already :)edit: and very unmistakeably Elysium :)

By the way my booking agent just told me he is finalizing a deal with a festival in Finland on the 27-29/6... So if they agree on the terms see you there? :)

Sounds interesting, I shared this link on Neogoa page aswell. I'm sure many people are looking forward to this release!

Thanks a lot :)

By the way my booking agent just told me he is finalizing a deal with a festival in Finland on the 27-29/6... So if they agree on the terms see you there? :)

Most probably :) Although I don't see a festival in Finland set on those dates yet, at least not on Facebook... I'm intrigued :D

Most probably :) Although I don't see a festival in Finland set on those dates yet, at least not on Facebook... I'm intrigued :D

I will know after New Year I guess (maybe sooner) and let you know. I don't know the name or location of the Festival myself :)

i've never been a big elysium fan (with some notable exceptions like subconsciousness, master of the rainforest or celestial sounds....), but i'm impressed by how well these samples match the original "soul" and atmosphere of elysium's music from so many years ago. i cannot think of any other artists who in their new releases have stayed true to the original vision like that (especially when considering the non-goa musical adventures that happened in the meantime).

i've never been a big elysium fan (with some notable exceptions like subconsciousness, master of the rainforest or celestial sounds....), but i'm impressed by how well these samples match the original "soul" and atmosphere of elysium's music from so many years ago. i cannot think of any other artists who in their new releases have stayed true to the original vision like that (especially when considering the non-goa musical adventures that happened in the meantime).

With this next album I want to complete the circle and get back to the roots of Elysium and what my vision was when I started recording the first EP "Project One" and the first "Dance For The Celestial Beings" album.

It's not been easy to go back after 20 years (as technology is so alien compared to 20 years ago as well as influences and life experiences has changed too) and it's taken a lot of practice to get into the the mood and atmosphere of the sounds and arrangement. But I am getting closer and experiment a lot at the moment.

I wont release the album until I have captured the essence and vision of the first "Dance For The Celestial Beings" :)

Elyisum and Astral Projection are back, i want some moreeeeeeee! :D

Deep Sea, like it's made in mid 90s :)

:)

• 1 month later...

There are no cut up samples/loops on my forthcoming album "Dance For The Celestial Beings part II". - https://soundcloud.com/elysium94/sets/dance-for-the-celestial - All sounds are programmed by myself. Every effect is generated by the best vsti synthesizers. All drums are created from scratch. The Old-school way!

Loops and samples was used a lot in the old days. I used it too on later releases. But on my debut album "Dance For The Celestial Beings" - https://soundcloud.com/elysium94/sets/dance-for-the-celestial-beings - I only used voice and animal samples and the idea behind this forthcoming album is to go back to the way I made music on the debut album. I will use samples for voices, vocals and animals. It's also a heck of a lot more fun to create everything from scratch plus in my opinion a bit more original as no one else have used it.

No hardware synths? (not that it really matters nowadays anyway, just asking out of pure interest) :)

Oh, and looks like you're probably playing at the only Finnish festival I won't be able to go to it seems...

Nope no hardware synth's. Some of today's vsti's are just as powerful (build from the original synth manufactures such as Moog etc.) and it all comes down to how good your professional external audio interface plus monitors are.

I haven't had any word back on the Finland Festival. Let's see :)

That sounds really nice. Looking forward to this release :)

When the album is ready a full pre-listen will be made available (3-4 mins. samples).

I aim to have the album ready for shipping (CD's) latest end of summer.

Just listened to the original, amazing stuff. Cannot wait to hear this in full. Hope there are some nice long tracks like the original :)

I never make short tracks :)