who's into High-Tech?

Lemmiwinks

so aparently a new style is taking over the dancefloors recently, it's called High-Tech... it's very very fast (160BPM minimum!), although personally I don't see much of a difference between this and dark psy... I rekon it's yet another sub-style for ketamine lovers out there... What do you guys think?

Ok, not to leave this post on a negative side, I've been through some High-tech recently and have found a track that I'm pretty fond of ;) Well, I guess as always, once you dig through the pile of crap there's always some gem in there :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm5cEU7Ik4M

Psycore and Hi-Tech is basically the same thing. Some people call it Psycore, some others call it Hi-Tech, some others just darkpsy (basically it's darkpsy with extra speed and effects). I like it a lot as long it's not too fast=more than 170-175 bpm.

Playing your 33 RPMs at 45 is always funny...

OK, those BPMs don't leave that much space for very personal or characteristic manoeuvres so the genres will inevitably overlap and resemble each other. Basically...

- If it's like an endless sugar overdose, it's happy hardcore or J-pop.

- If the bass is phat and there are remnants of epic trance leads, it's trancecore or freeform (like in 2005).

- If it's a toneless mess and called "Death Satan Holocaust 666", its darkpsy.

- If there's a forest in the cover, it's forest.

- If you pump up the BPM alone at all costs, it's psycore (or eventually speedcore).

- If you add a bit more high-pitched sci-fi FX, it becomes high-tech? I haven't figured out the details yet.

Damn, that freeform stage was possibly the best incarnation of this all. I may excavate my archives from that era again...

Here's an absolutely superb track that I always post for those who think that it's just noises.

[media]

[/media]

We have debunked this argument like a billion times before.

Posting the very definition of toneless mess doesn't count as debunking, sorry, no matter how many time you do it.

(Moving forward in tight circles. I don't know why. I actually have plenty of other things to do right now but...)

I do like this "endless sugar rush" type of concept a lot ... but unfortunately the bpm of the above stuff is too fast for me. I's just above my rhythm.

Despite it might be used everywhere nowadays, I still need the characteristic kick-bassline combo ... and there must be enough miliseconds time to accomodate and for me to perceive it properly.

Guess that makes me rather a listener of stuff still from the "darkpsy" layer that obviously seems to become the "High Tech" at bpm's over 160?

Not too long ago I had the pleasure to enjoy a set that felt just as intense, but with a bpm more in the area where I can connect better ... such as 155bpm (don't know, arbitrary ... but when now comparing 155bpm pieces it could be fitting ... sure not under 150). And it wasn't merely darkpsy (or it didn't feel to be) ... there was lots more to it, it felt colorful. And I do have to say this was one of the best sets I witnessed since long ... kinda brought back all hopes to me that the music really has not gone to shit (like in the other thread :D )...

Is "High Tech" really defined by the 160bpm border? Or are there maybe 155bpm or 150bpm "High Tech" pieces aswell? I'd be curious to have a listen to some of those...

Posting the very definition of toneless mess doesn't count as debunking, sorry, no matter how many time you do it.

(Moving forward in tight circles. I don't know why. I actually have plenty of other things to do right now but...)

I don't mean that. I meant the satanic part.

Playing your 33 RPMs at 45 is always funny...

OK, those BPMs don't leave that much space for very personal or characteristic manoeuvres so the genres will inevitably overlap and resemble each other. Basically...

- If it's like an endless sugar overdose, it's happy hardcore or J-pop.

- If the bass is phat and there are remnants of epic trance leads, it's trancecore or freeform (like in 2005).

- If there's a forest in the cover, it's forest.

- If you pump up the BPM alone at all costs, it's psycore (or eventually speedcore).

- If you add a bit more high-pitched sci-fi FX, it becomes high-tech? I haven't figured out the details yet.

Damn, that freeform stage was possibly the best incarnation of this all. I may excavate my archives from that era again...

BWAHAHAHA, genious mate!! your post made me laugh so hard ;)

I like a lot of the Osom & Tantrumm stuff, but not the Antagon / Paralocks style that much. I find it irritating and not very psychedelic.

I used to love Free-Radical Records, but the latest couple of releases are moving towards a style I'm not fond of.

Here's an absolutely superb track that I always post for those who think that it's just noises.

[media]

[/media]

I think the track is too slow.