Any Psytrance Lovers From The United States?

I woke up this morning, staring elegantly at the sunlight pouring through the shimmering green leaves of my oak tree and thought to myself "what a beautiful day". I took a shower, put on my favorite pair of underwear, and made myself some breakfast. Afterwards, it was time for one thing. The internet.

So here I am. On the internet. Browsing around on Psynews pondering topics questioning the universe of psychedelic trance. My step-sister suddenly texted me, just a few moments ago, interrupting my infatuation of colorful pixels on some random image thread. She asked, "know of any good music I can listen to bro". So, of course I said, "Yeah check out some psytrance on Ektoplazm". I realized that was a stupid thing to say, because she responded with "what the hell is psytrance".

Then it hit me. Here in the middle of nowhere Arkansas, where the most familiar sound is a cow mooing in pain from a hot piece of iron branding her thighs, no body knows what Psytrance is. Hell, they barely know anything outside the realms of Country, Rock, and gangsta smashing rap. Well, ok, maybe I am being stereotypical. Maybe Im an egotistical asshat who thinks he has discovered more than everyone around him. Maybe. All I know is most of this "psychedelic trance" business takes place on the other side of the world where cars fly and buildings tower into space. (or so I have heard, from the internet, where everything is true)

SO here is my question... is there anybody here that listens to Psytrance in the United States? What about from the South? Am I all alone in the middle of this giant green field where the only thing to accompany the baselines from my Darkpsy are the apple trees?

This post may or may not be a large exaggeration of my life, other than the fact that literally no one around me ever listens to Psytrance, or any electronic music for that matter.

I live in Virginia and study in Chicago. I've noticed similar musical trends across the states as you have. I've had trouble introducing people to goa/psy here; and that could be for several reasons. I've managed to have a couple of my closer friends enjoy the music even though it isn't their favorite genre.

You should connect with DJ Shoom and Mixtress Bloodwing (both North Virginia) and Jagno Gaia / Aerosis project (Minnesota), they are making fine parties in central US and east coast. They have decent amount of people on parties for lets say US psy standards. Also they play only goa, mostly old school.

If you want i can give you their facebook profiles :)

PS. There was smiliar theme about this... well as you can see i am in Serbia, one of leaders with number and quaility of progressive artists and still pretty hard to introduce you to world not being vilified. Psy is getting bigger here but still underground. When people ask me tell me more about goa/psy, I tell them in short lines, then show random party/fests photos and play them some music. After that they are scared of me, thinks that i am in some sect or that i am junkie (needle lover) lol. I think thats global problem for all underground music :)

I do :) It's basically my house of worship... I have only one other friend who craves Goa/psy the way I do, and he lives in Hawai'i (I'm in NY) AND we've never even met in person :P Just recently, I got a new friend totally hooked, though!! He's an exceptional drummer, that may have had something to do with it ;) Definitely seems like psy lovers are fewer and further between here in the States..

Me! Me! Right here, me! I like psytrance ;D

You should connect with DJ Shoom and Mixtress Bloodwing (both North Virginia) and Jagno Gaia / Aerosis project (Minnesota), they are making fine parties in central US and east coast. They have decent amount of people on parties for lets say US psy standards. Also they play only goa, mostly old school.

they are in North Carolina which is right under Virginia 8) I will finally get to meet them at 2 festivals this year after knowing Shoom for almost 10 years and Bloodwing a little less 8)

Penoptes & Veracohr - I thought you two were out of the country. cool to know!

I do :) It's basically my house of worship... I have only one other friend who craves Goa/psy the way I do, and he lives in Hawai'i (I'm in NY) AND we've never even met in person :P Just recently, I got a new friend totally hooked, though!! He's an exceptional drummer, that may have had something to do with it ;) Definitely seems like psy lovers are fewer and further between here in the States..

where in NY are you? I'm upstate in Saratoga Springs. Will you be attending any events this year?

as for the thread topic - I feel way more people at least appreciate electronic music now than when I was even first getting into goa/psy 10-11 years ago. I'd hate to say dubstep helped more recently but I mean, even if it is mainstream trance people listen to.

where in NY are you? I'm upstate in Saratoga Springs. Will you be attending any events this year?

I am in Woodstock :) What are some good events around here this year??

Not that there's anything wrong with West Virginia. Just drove through the eastern side a few days ago and am happy to report that it is very beautiful. People pick on West Virginia as being the hillbilly and inbred capital of the US, but...I don't know how to end that sentence.

Mdk

Not that there's anything wrong with West Virginia. Just drove through the eastern side a few days ago and am happy to report that it is very beautiful. People pick on West Virginia as being the hillbilly and inbred capital of the US, but...I don't know how to end that sentence.

Mdk

Well, one would have to really investigate incest there to find out ;p and compare to the other states. but yeah, how does that state get that rap? To me its as forgotten about as little Rhode Island ;p

Do you have psy parties to visit down there? Cuz NC is close and they probably have the biggest scene on the east.