What gets played in your area?

Shpongled247

I have discussed with people before and came to the conclusion it's just that people nowadays dance to the bassline primarily and goa new and oldschool isnt so much bass driven. Melody isn't what people latch onto for some reason. :/

Yeah, that's also related to the bassline.

I've also remarked that often people who don't like oldschool and newschool goa trance doesn't like the melodies of those songs, like if they found it too cheesy.

Maybe at this kind of new school they would dance on : http://beatspace-suntrip.bandcamp.com/track/javi-vs-sko0ma-emotional-overload

I guess Belgium is a great Goa country... We have an old-school party at least once a month (most of the time there are several a month)

It used to be at least once a week and sometimes even several parties each weekend, at least during a couple of years (2005-2009 or smtn, I have no clue how it was before 2005). That's how I perceive it, in each case. Nowadays there's indeed a lot of eclectic parties, and the ones that attract the most attention (on forums and social media etc.) are usually the ones offering the combination of oldschool Goa (no newschool, which did however attract people back when it was still 'fresh' and a scarce genre before 2008/2009) + forest/fullon (I feel like there used to be less emphasize on forest music in the past).

However, apart from Israel we're still the best country for this kind of music, for sure! (party-wise) :)

I've only once heard actual goa played out. Once a friend/promoter got Dick Trevor to play a daytime gig and he did a retro green nuns set as well.

Was pretty awesome except he started playing that after his new full on set and the crowd lost energy or didnt know what to do with the frenzy of acid/303. I however did haha :P

(drooooooooling)

If I had millions of dollars, I would fly him out to play for just me, EVERY weekend. lucky you!

I have discussed with people before and came to the conclusion it's just that people nowadays dance to the bassline primarily and goa new and oldschool isnt so much bass driven. Melody isn't what people latch onto for some reason. :/

a friend of mine says "there's too much going on. i need simple music to dance to", but then again when pleiadians played trip tonite and asterope (sadly the new remix of this one) at ozora 2 years ago he went wild dancing. i guess a large part of this is that people like what they are used to and years of playing good goa in my car apparently did help a bit ;)

[...] Fractal Gate [...] It's end of October and the line-up is fantastic... E-Mantra, Tim Schuldt Old School, Cosmosis Old School and Nebula Meltdown.. All live :D

i have wondered this for multiple years now? why are those great goa parties in belgium always in autumn? i'd love a festival in july or august with, say, three days/nights of nonstop goa trance at the mainfloor; there's no way i could miss out on such a thing.

i have wondered this for multiple years now? why are those great goa parties in belgium always in autumn? i'd love a festival in july or august with, say, three days/nights of nonstop goa trance at the mainfloor; there's no way i could miss out on such a thing.

We do still have summer festivals, but a lot less so than a few years ago. In two weeks there's an outdoor festival in the weekend which has afgin, filteria, luminus and dimension5/hunab-ku/elektron wave: http://www.solariumfestival.be/

Sadly our government is making it very hard for organizers to get the green light for such festivals, which is why they are diminishing in number.

I've only once heard actual goa played out. Once a friend/promoter got Dick Trevor to play a daytime gig and he did a retro green nuns set as well.

Was pretty awesome except he started playing that after his new full on set and the crowd lost energy or didnt know what to do with the frenzy of acid/303. I however did haha :P

Hmm...I went to a party in Seattle Dick Trevor played at a couple years ago. Half his set was Green Nuns, and people loved it! I was a little surprised actually how much people were into it.

I haven't been to a party in 5 years. I have no idea what's playing in Athens. I do see a lot of posters for prog and full on, so I don't miss much.

I've been to some great parties the past few years in Athens...

Every weekend there's probably a big full-on or dark-psy or prog event and every few weeks there's always something interesting

I mean... the past year we had several Ultimae events, UX (kris klyven), Darshan, The Delta (Marcus), Shatkta (Seb taylor), BPC, Gaudi.. and some of the more mainsteram events are pretty good, like guys from Nano and Iboga

There are events for everyone's tastes... Tommorow there's Har-El and Radical distotrion at a sort of goa/nitz event. Next week for the 1246462496th time it's Max and Dick Trevor, a few weeks ago it was Koxbox and tristan, last week Goa Gil and in between there are several other smaller parties with local DJs of different styles (mostly dark though)

I'm very satisfied with what's being played... Although because of the financial situation in Greece, it's more than obvious that there are MUCH MUCH fewer ppl attending parties.

As for the House/Club-trance/techno scene... In the winter almost every weekend there's an interesting event of some sort at Gkazi or Syntagma/Kolonaki area with International DJs. During the summer they move south to the beaches of Athens.

As for me, during the summer

Most Sunday's you'll find me here https://www.facebook.com/cariocas.beach.bar.schinos for my dance/alcohol/beach/hedonism fix

557746_10151089797151095_420198499_n.jpg