What are you doing when listening to Psychedelic Music ?

darkill

What are you doing when you're listening to some Psychedelic Music, no matter what kind of gender is it : Psybient, Goa, Psy, Full on, Prog.... ?

I means when you do it at home of course, not at a festival oder at a Party.

Do you smoke (I don't specially means drugs of course !) ? Dance alone ? Do you practice meditation ?

Personnaly I use to practrice meditation with Psychedelic music, but most of time with Psybient and Ambient.

And I sometimes use to dance alone during few moment because I just feel the track so much that I need to dance on it, even alone haha.

Btw I like eating chips when listening to Progressive Psytrance and Psy trance, don't know especially why...

browsing the web, playing video games or making food. I have been using my cd player a lot lately catching up with purchases, so I'm not always on the laptop playing music.

Not very often I will dance a little if I have the music coming through the louder speaker set-up and the current song gets me really excited haha! for the most part it is chair dancing. 8)

Some of the best and far too few and far in between moments lately though, have been at home, with friends watching the floor dance to the sounds of psy... Or the ceiling. Or a multi coloured bowl of milk.. :)

Normally however I have been at work listening 8 hours a day. At home though usually on the computer or stereo when I was at home. Sometimes lounge room dancing, usually chair dancing. :D

Smoking cannabis or playing video games. This combination makes games really intense. I also listen when I have to clean or do some other quiet activity in proximity to my monitors.

Guest D N H

Trying to get into the music, even if i am sitting or lying, but usually i walk and dream, vision, cogitate and philosophy, and dance is the proof of the music's effectiveness. Not so often, i am falling into trance with ambient.

Sometimes i read or write in this forum.

I also like to listen to my mp3 player while i'm jogging.

there's nothing i do at home (or in the car) without listening to psychedelic music. the reason i hate the vacuum cleaner so much is purely that it's so loud i can hardly hear the music even though i turned the volume up :)

Normaly surfing or working and listen to goa. Sometimes i am in bed, just watching ceiling and enjoying sounds.

For ambient medidate or trying too... also i like to sit in garden by day and listen ambient on windy days :)

I don't drink, either smoke weed, just cigarettes... i like to smoke them and listen acidic goa on phone while shitting :o that become a standard :lol:

Normaly surfing or working and listen to goa. Sometimes i am in bed, just watching ceiling and enjoying sounds.

For ambient medidate or trying too... also i like to sit in garden by day and listen ambient on windy days :)

I don't drink, either smoke weed, just cigarettes... i like to smoke them and listen acidic goa on phone while shitting :o that become a standard :lol:

I feel so busy lately I have to multitask when listening to music even while "relaxing" but, this sounds a lot like me. When I first started buying cds I LOVED to lay in bed and stair at the ceiling, just taking in all the sounds. Or sit out in the sun in a chair. I remember thats where my love for ambient came in much more. I was listening to cd2 of 'Violent Relaxation' while relaxing in a lawn chair. - it felt magical.

I'm also one of the few drug-free psy addicts ;p

Guest D N H

Or sit out in the sun in a chair. I remember thats where my love for ambient came in much more.

Under the bluesky and in the sunlight, under the stars, in nature, among old stones or buildings like pyramids, there's where goa trance and ambient should be played.

Not so few.

Mostly I am just relaxing and listening to it, sitting in front of the computer and doing nothing, when it gets exciting I am shaking on the chair or I am enjoying it on a chair or sofa when I had a stereo.

When I browse the web and do stuff on the computer I prefer light goa trance and even full on. Fullon is funny music for that since it is light fast and so freaked out that I freak out laughing every two minutes because of the funny fx and rolling basslines, sometimes it just gets crazy with the strange intros and funny melodies.

there's nothing i do at home (or in the car) without listening to psychedelic music. the reason i hate the vacuum cleaner so much is purely that it's so loud i can hardly hear the music even though i turned the volume up :)

Haha, I hate vacuum cleaner for the same reason dude !

As many of you I like to sit and just listen to Psychedelic trance, or surfing on the internet while listening to it. I often listen to goa trance when doing the dishes, it motivate me to work !

Well, personnaly I use to smoke cannabis, but not specially for listen to goa trance. I means, I listen to psychedelic trance every day, and trust me Im far away of smoking joints every day. But smoking joints before or while listening to psychedelic songs is something magik, I means it's like going deeper in the goa music.

I won't speak more about it because we could make a whole new post with such a conversation, just want to say you that I find it sad when people tell me they only listen to goa trance music when they're under drugs effects...