Psynews Contest - Voting began

Ormion

seriously it means that you like your track more than the 59 others ? for real or...? but how can you be objective ? impossible, every artist spent hours to make their track, impossible to be objective on your track... you listented to it for hours when, on the other hand you probably listened each of the 59 other tracks 1 or 2 times maximum. Nothing personal of course :) just my opinion... (totally agree with JetMan)

(sorry didn't want to trouble this topic :P)

kind of useless discussion... i mean, if you don't do a track, how can you be objective? Isn't musical taste something subjective by defintion? I wouldn't vote for any goatrance posted, not because the all tracks are bad or i hate all the artists, but because I don't really like that old school goa thing. A medium-good produced fullon/psy track would probably get a higher vote than a more-than-medium goa track. But this somethnig purely subjective, you might choice vice versa.

It's the same thing with voting your own tracks. If it's forbidden by the rules, ok.. it's a rule. If not, I don't see a reason to forbid it. Own tracks most likley make it into the own top 10 (if not, you should probably start thinking about why you create music you don't like it yourself^^). Could be that there is a track I like more than my own one, but I can fully understand if some artists simply say "no, there isn't any". I mean.. what's the point of creating your own sound if you don't like it afterwards ;D

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1: Kacid - Confusing Patterns
2: Zero Point Module - Chromatic Fail
3: Solarvibe - Mindtravel
4: Silent Witch - Maestro
5: NAzrael Vs Kacid - Thinking Is Boring
6: Alchemy Circle - INTO THE VOID
7: Revelation & Svoboda - Pitch On A Leash
8: Atheria - Swamp Matter
9: Radioactive Sandwich - Sound Vibration Technique
10: PhonoPhora - Phunnel

Own tracks most likley make it into the own top 10 (if not, you should probably start thinking about why you create music you don't like it yourself^^). Could be that there is a track I like more than my own one, but I can fully understand if some artists simply say "no, there isn't any". I mean.. what's the point of creating your own sound if you don't like it afterwards ;D

Well i don't really agree, you can love a style and try to produce the best track you can do but still in the other 59 tracks, 20 tracks could match more your taste than your own track, simply because you struggles to make your ideal track, don't have the best skills, etc to make the perfect track you want to make...

i mean, if you don't do a track, how can you be objective? Isn't musical taste something subjective by defintion? I wouldn't vote for any goatrance posted, not because the all tracks are bad or i hate all the artists, but because I don't really like that old school goa thing. A medium-good produced fullon/psy track would probably get a higher vote than a more-than-medium goa track. But this somethnig purely subjective, you might choice vice versa.

Of course, 100% agree, be sure in my top 10 i won't be put any full on or ambient, just because these styles are not really my cup of tea (but there can be exceptions)

kind of useless discussion... i mean, if you don't do a track, how can you be objective? Isn't musical taste something subjective by defintion? I wouldn't vote for any goatrance posted, not because the all tracks are bad or i hate all the artists, but because I don't really like that old school goa thing. A medium-good produced fullon/psy track would probably get a higher vote than a more-than-medium goa track. But this somethnig purely subjective, you might choice vice versa.

It's the same thing with voting your own tracks. If it's forbidden by the rules, ok.. it's a rule. If not, I don't see a reason to forbid it. Own tracks most likley make it into the own top 10 (if not, you should probably start thinking about why you create music you don't like it yourself^^). Could be that there is a track I like more than my own one, but I can fully understand if some artists simply say "no, there isn't any". I mean.. what's the point of creating your own sound if you don't like it afterwards ;D

I like what you're saying. to be honest I (Slice Two, the one who made the voting list) am way more into the psydub and downtempo stuff than psytrance or goa. Since there are so few downtempo/dub tracks to choose from, and I honestly love what we created, why shouldn't I be allowed to vote for it? There's no rule that says we can't vote for our tracks, and I really do like ours the best out of all 60. Our motto has always been "write the music we want to hear and then let people decide if it suits them." Well, we wrote a song we wanted to hear, and we wrote it specifically for this contest from start to finish, so why shouldn't I think it's awesome? Maybe that sounds pretentious, but on the other hand, why write a track if you don't think it kicks massive ass?

1:Kacid - Confusing Patterns

2:Superoxide - Psy Kids

3:Dj Puck - Tre - Penso (entrance to the enchanted forest - sudoku version)

4:Colour Dotz - Scape Forward

5:Bomakot - Alligator

6:Javi & SkoOMA - Enchanted Alchemny

7:Seismic Activity - Revelation

8:Exelization - Neurotrip

9: Saluberrimae - Floating

10:Purple Sunray - Zero Point Module - Chromatic Fail (preview)

01: Phobium - Klavierlektionen

02: Deerob - Rusty Lips

03: Paul Eye & Olisan - Daikaisho

04: Seismic Activity - Revelation

05: Dragon Twins - Kess Killya?!

06: Lapsus - Normality

07: Artyom vs. PharaOm - Cellar Door (downtempo mix)

08: saluberrimae - fl0ating

09: JetMan - Nephesh

10: Old Pal - Reverb Cave

I wouldn't vote for any goatrance posted, not because the all tracks are bad or i hate all the artists, but because I don't really like that old school goa thing. A medium-good produced fullon/psy track would probably get a higher vote than a more-than-medium goa track. But this somethnig purely subjective, you might choice vice versa.

..and that shows us another bad idea which is to make a competition with practically any genre allowed. Now, how this can be fair? How we are able to choose between chillout, goa, dark, fullon, progressive etc? So, at the end it will be *very* subjective. And not meaning that the 'best' track won. Because... what means 'the best', as it is sooo subjective. And you don't know how many ppl here like dark psytrance, for example. See?

But what the heck, it's just for fun. :)

Are you serious? I can't believe it, really... Primo- "Objectively" better goa track is worst, just because it's goa track? No comments...

Secundo- everything you said about voting own trax is one of the most stupid statement I've EVER read...

Making a competition where only certain genres are allowed negates the whole purpose of the contest though. To give opportunity to all artists no matter the genre and to show people that Psynews is about all psy genres.

Making a competition where only certain genres are allowed negates the whole purpose of the contest though. To give opportunity to all artists no matter the genre and to show people that Psynews is about all psy genres.

so better to make a contest especially for each genre, or at least slice the pool so ppl can vote for the best track in each genre- makes more sense IMHO. Finally, it will be a compilation with theoretically every genre - better to choose wisely. ;)

You people are making troubles here for nothing.

First of all is so stupid to vote for own track because even if you win you won't earn any money, you won't become famous. You won't earn nothing, just fun. I never think that any of my tracks are kick ass, you should let other people decide. Play it on parties and see reaction to that track. Lets people say that your track is bomb.

Second stuff is spreading hate to other styles. I also don't listen those full on and progressive that is popular today and have only melody and a half? Now, should i piss on them?

Votings are based on taste of each one but you should take care of production quaility too not just because one melody is good track must be in top10. When i vote (soon) i will vote this way even if i like dark psy 200 bpm with creepy madonna vocal and if is good. And i won't vote for my own track, it's unfair and pussy act imo. I could also call every friend to register and vote here for me, no reason. I entered here for fun and to support ideas of people from this forum as they deserved.

After all: YOU WONT BECOME FAMOUS AS RADI :P

You people are making troubles here for nothing.

First of all is so stupid to vote for own track because even if you win you won't earn any money, you won't become famous. You won't earn nothing, just fun. I never think that any of my tracks are kick ass, you should let other people decide. Play it on parties and see reaction to that track. Lets people say that your track is bomb.

Second stuff is spreading hate to other styles. I also don't listen those full on and progressive that is popular today and have only melody and a half? Now, should i piss on them?

Votings are based on taste of each one but you should take care of production quaility too not just because one melody is good track must be in top10. When i vote (soon) i will vote this way even if i like dark psy 200 bpm with creepy madonna vocal and if is good. And i won't vote for my own track, it's unfair and pussy act imo. I could also call every friend to register and vote here for me, no reason. I entered here for fun and to support ideas of people from this forum as they deserved.

After all: YOU WONT BECOME FAMOUS AS RADI :P

totally agree

so better to make a contest especially for each genre, or at least slice the pool so ppl can vote for the best track in each genre- makes more sense IMHO. Finally, it will be a compilation with theoretically every genre - better to choose wisely. ;)

That could work if we had 200+ tracks. Now we have about 20 Goa tracks, 4 Darkpsy, 1 Suomi etc. If we'd vote for individual styles would mean a tough choice voting for Goa tracks, but pretty easy for Darkpsy. There so many subgenres after all that we would need 10 different compilations just for the basic styles.

We are aware that we may end up with a compilation that will have many different Psy styles, from Goa to Darkpsy to Chill, but IMO this is for the best. It's a celebration of the whole psy scene and the best way for everyone who doesn't know Psynews to realize that our site is about Psytrance in general.

omg i spread hate on nothing.. let evreyone listen to what he wants to liste for.. that's the idea of this. if i love killahh kicks and fat basses and you love vintage kicks and fancy args both of our favorite tracks will be in..

You didn't spread hate at all. This is a forum, a musical one and people have different tastes for music. Under the psychedelic trance umbrella there are more than 10 subgenres. Not an easy task to elect ten tracks as "best of". Not even Astral Projection were happy when they releases their - supposedly - 10 best remixes.

yeah i don't take it that serious.. ;)

it's just to bring those ppl down again.. flaming around that i'm a bad guy if i favour a specific genre.. worst thing they ever seen on such forum and so on.. even worse.. imagine.. i prefer my own tracks over tracks filled with elements and instruments I don't like.. surprisingly my own tracks magically fit the style i prefer.. still don't understand how this can happen must be a miracle....

For me it's not only about melody scales and chords, if I'm interested listening to great "music" I'm gonna play some classic stuff.. where you don't have an artist with 100 lanes playing on an AWT, but 100 artists playing instruments. I'm listening to psy/electronic because I'm fascinated about what great tunes come out of simple (ok, sometimes not that simple) math. Want to hear new, innovative fancy stuff.. synth buildups that convert your face into :o .. and it has been long time ago I found something like that on oldshool goatrance and it's ok, hightech synth riffs are not what is goatrance about, that's probably more the niche of dark / night psy sound... so I piss on the holy grail of production quality, as most of the time this is only related to how much money you can spend on your studio and gear and.. how much experience you have (usually newcomers don't have much experience, that's why they are new). Bring a new idea with a nice sound design you'll get my vote over the Prof. Master Music PhD playing his arp the 10. time, but now on c# and with other chords..

In other words: If the rolling stones would post a track produced with 1bn$ budget on the best studio, with most famous composer and best production quality ever.. Kacid would still get my vote cuz i hate electric guitar sounds (yeah.. I know.. how can i hate electric guitar sounds omg ect. worst ever)... It's my vote ffs.. i want to give it to stuff => I <= like.. and I'm very sorry if don't like goatrance or the best produced track in the world... hope we will be friends still.. blaba *g* ;P

Do you guys think we should postpone the deadline?

Yes, to be honest, 1 month with so many tracks, what's the rush...

I'll go for 3 and do this right imo

This is imo not voting best of 2012 about albums you have listened too a year long and know by head.

This is all new stuff + listening to all this tracks in a row is imo not ok, for me it isn't, The first tracks

get more points in my head. After track 60, I'm like :blink: , skip skip skip :D

Some people only log in / once a month. We should give them a chance too, the more people, the more accurate....

The best compilations weren't built in one month I guess...

And If voting for your self is ok to give 10 points,

Maybe it's best to mention it in the opening topic in bold or very noticeable,

So every artist now and can't say later, I haven't voted for myself one time...

Just some fast thoughts :)

Looking forward to my new track each 3 days, to analyze, headphones, no headphones etc...

Lapsus seems cool at first listen....

Yes, to be honest, 1 month with so many tracks, what's the rush...

I'll go for 3 and do this right imo

This is imo not voting best of 2012 about albums you have listened too a year long and know by head.

This is all new stuff + listening to all this tracks in a row is imo not ok, for me it isn't, The first tracks

get more points in my head. After track 60, I'm like :blink: , skip skip skip :D

Some people only log in / once a month. We should give them a chance too, the more people, the more accurate....

The best compilations weren't built in one month I guess...

And If voting for your self is ok to give 10 points,

Maybe it's best to mention it in the opening topic in bold or very noticeable,

So every artist now and can't say later, I haven't voted for myself one time...

Just some fast thoughts :)

Looking forward to my new track each 3 days, to analyze, headphones, no headphones etc...

Lapsus seems cool at first listen....

Yep I feel the same :) best way to do i guess, i'm doing a rating of each track, and at the end i will listen again to all the tracks with a rating > 7.5/ 10 to choose the top 10... that's a lot of time !

Yep I feel the same :) best way to do i guess, i'm doing a rating of each track, and at the end i will listen again to all the tracks with a rating > 7.5/ 10 to choose the top 10... that's a lot of time !

Seems like a good strategy :)

Psynews Contest

1: Lapsus - Normality

2: Kalilaskov AS - My Horror Show

3: Revelation & Svoboda - Pitch On A Leash

4: Dense Denso - Root Seeker (Heavy Mental Mix)

5: Philotroph vs Nymphomania - Existential Vetigo (1.1)

6: Fuzzonaut - Intergalactic Miasma

7: Javi & SkoOma - Enchanted Alchemy

8: Ridge Mättökiuas - Sieluhohde (0.1)

9: Dragon Twins - Kess Killya?!

10: Human Dextroid - Poles

So you think we should postpone it even more? We have moved the deadline from 10th to 20th of April.

So you think we should postpone it even more? We have moved the deadline from 10th to 20th of April.

20 the April seems fine, 1 may should work, I'm on board...

I won't I will succeed properly, it's a bit short, maybe we should have a vote about the vote ;)

ps: or 2 months :D

First of all is so stupid to vote for own track because even if you win you won't earn any money, you won't become famous.

That doesn't mean it's stupid to vote for your own track. It just means it's stupid to vote for your own track for any reason other than because you like it enough to put it in your top 10. That's why I say we give people the benefit of the doubt.

omg i spread hate on nothing.. let evreyone listen to what he wants to liste for.. that's the idea of this.

+1

Please stop arguing, people.

That could work if we had 200+ tracks. Now we have about 20 Goa tracks, 4 Darkpsy, 1 Suomi etc. If we'd vote for individual styles would mean a tough choice voting for Goa tracks, but pretty easy for Darkpsy. There so many subgenres after all that we would need 10 different compilations just for the basic styles.

We are aware that we may end up with a compilation that will have many different Psy styles, from Goa to Darkpsy to Chill, but IMO this is for the best. It's a celebration of the whole psy scene and the best way for everyone who doesn't know Psynews to realize that our site is about Psytrance in general.

Heheh that's because you did not announced contest for each of the let's say 5 main genres but just for one ;) but I understand from where you are coming from and hopefully this will be worked out in a decent way.

That doesn't mean it's stupid to vote for your own track. It just means it's stupid to vote for your own track for any reason other than because you like it enough to put it in your top 10. That's why I say we give people the benefit of the doubt.

+1

Please stop arguing, people.

yah exactly. Let's put it straight - is voting for oneself allowed, or not? It's a competition after all, and it should be fun. If someone is looking for money, chicks and fame - then better go to X-Factor [or such - no offence]. If it's allowed- then yah, go for it. Does not bother me at all and let the 'best' one win! :) boom!