electronica that plays on tv

radi6404

So a lot of times I hear very good electronica that is playing at the beginning or the end of tv shows or often during them aswell. German Tv Stations, Bulgarian TV Stations, British TV stations, they all use it and it often sounds like goa trance or goa ambient. However when we look for such kind of music it almost doesn't exist. The stuff they play sounds a lot like Electric Universe - Stardiver and One Love album, especially the tracks Sunset Skyline or Astral Voyage but also the ambient tracks of Boris Blenn. It sounds a lot like Boris Blenn Galaxy stuff but it is not, very rarely have the stuff sounds a lot like Astral Projection aswell and I must say that it sounds very good, heavily layered goa melodies, analogue electronic sounds with heavy resonance use, very interesting synthsounds for the melodies, like on People can Fly the synthsound and more can be heart. Alot of those tracks is played in car and computer tv shows and it sounds much better than most goa trance stuff, having many different melodies in the track, not only one melody. Do you know stuff that matches these criteria? It is often fat but often slow and with the sound of goa ambient.

I want to say with this thread that there are a lot of goa trance artists that lack a lot of creativity, using only one melody for 9 minutes.

The stuff I hear on tv sounds like Electric Universe and Astral Projection and Man with no Name, can someone recommend me similar stuff, that is not overly simple musically?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I can't talk about something else. Do you have a link to the mindsphere album? Boris, Astral and Man with no Name are the best bands when it comes to pure goa trance. Simon Posford is the best artist for tweaked and twisted goa trance and chill out and many of the smaller artists are smaller for a good reason. Using only one melody for 8 minutes is one reason many bands are not known outside of the goa trance scene for example.

In my opinion there is not enough talk about those artists man, I start topics about them often, but they ardly get answered, instead bands are appreciated with simple goa trance. It is good to support any goa trance band, but maybe we should demand a little mroe from some artists.

no one replys because we know how good they were and SOME still are

we have been talking about them for almost 20 years.

what we like to talk about now is the upcoming and newly established artists who are making music NOW, not years ago

but way you go radi, it's ok that you are stuck in that period with those artists, it's just nice to branch out now and then

artifact is a good band, I like how they sound and will listen to them more, but this topic is not about Boris Blenn or Astral but it is about similar tracks, since I have asked what is playing on tv and if you know something similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Technosoomy, I am affraid to say that I have left school more than 5 years ago. so what you say does not make any sence, you don#t get it do you? I am just looking for more music that I may like and you know that it is hard to search for goa trance, since mot artists sound different and discogs does not offer any soudsamples so the search is very time intense. that is the reason why I ask for such music, since I find it to be the best style of goa trance, the style Boris Blenn and Astral Projection produce, simon Posford is the best for deep emotionional tippy goa trance though, but the best synthline goa trance is done by Astral Projection and by Boris Blenn.

Boris Blenn is the god of goa trance, he is the god of psytrance too, the god of full on. Actually i would even say, he is simply the god of music in general, i can't even think of any band in any musical genre, any artist, in any genre any year any time, that came/come/will come close to the quality of music Boris Blenn produced / will produce. Actually i think all the musicians in the world should stop making music, shut up, and listen to Boris Blenn thousands masterpieces.

Boris Blenn is the god of goa trance, he is the god of psytrance too, the god of full on. Actually i would even say, he is simply the god of music in general, i can't even think of any band in any musical genre, any artist, in any genre any year any time, that came/come/will come close to the quality of music Boris Blenn produced / will produce. Actually i think all the musicians in the world should stop making music, shut up, and listen to Boris Blenn thousands masterpieces.

+1!

i am having boris blenns baby!

This is a common misconception on Boris Blenn's divinity. He is actually one part of a divine trinity, the other two being Astral Projection and Simon Posford.

He is not overrated even these days, he produces good music still and a few years ago he has produced outstanding music in germany like Kosmonaut, a goabient masterpeace And by the way it was a quadrulogy as Technosoomy said, since mwnn IS part of it.

Be careful what you say otherwise strange things might happen next time to you or your environment, it is not allowed to talk about one of the music gods like that. I would not find it strange if all your favourite reordings dissapear the next days since you talk like that about Boris.

Hehe .... I 'll take my chances though ....anyway, don't get me wrong ..... he has made some excellent music but imo his best album was and always will be "One Love" and that was ages ago .... and lightyears away from the other stuff (some exceptions, I grant you that) ....

In my opinon that is not true. His best album in my opinion was Stardiver but some later tracks are great aswell, also his side projects like Galaxy or Endora. I fully agree that the full on stuff and new albums like meteor are not that great, but he has set definitions for Goa Trance.

What I wanted to sayaswell is that I have aktually heart some goa Trance stuff on tv that was really melodic but I have never found it on a compilation. Car magazines use a lot of goa trance and other electronical music when they present the cars.