"Cold" psychedelic trance

radi6404

Now lets look into something colder and darker than the usual stuff. The usual stuff from odschool goa sounds rather warm to me and reminds me off summer, it is mostly uplifting, but there are tracks, that are different to that, tracks that remind me of winter, autumn, the sky, the night snow and more.

for example:

Astra Projection - Tryptomine Dream this is a track that sounds a lot like winter with it's fresh touch and melody for me it reallydoes color the same way as a nice winter day with clouds and sun, a very good track by the way.

or,

Astral Projection - Unbelievable Technology

this is a slow remix of that track, it is simlar to tryptomine dream and is downbeat. it is similar but still very good, as good as the original.

the Infinity project - Phosphoressence (doors of perception remix) this is a damn good and atmospheric winter track with harder filterlines and a very nice atmosphere, I love it.

Shiva Chandra - Milk Bar

this is a very unique and beautiful track and I have never heart anything like that. does anyone know similar? this track sounds very spacious and reminds me off winter with the melodies and synths. the mood of the track and the flow could represent passing of a cold but sunny day in December or january. but it is not said, however it is a bit melanchonic. The melodies and the mood sound a bit strange and magical to me and this is one of the best tracks I know, since it sounds very interesting.

Now yours and comment on Milk bar, please.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT9t6N_7Tu8

This track used to get me lost in landscapes of distant streetlights, sparkles of illumination in industrial vistas and the deep purple night's sky. Cold as ice subtle melody, hypnotic x-dream style. . . might just listen to it now.

Radi, to be honest I did not even know the existence of the track (from AP) unbelievable technology (which is indeed a remix of tryptomine dream) so thanx for that... the track was not even on youtube so i uploaded it for everyone

as for similar tracks, you might know this one, right ?

also, you mentionned milk bar from Shiva chandra, never heard this track also before you mentionned it, as it is not psytrance at all i can also tell about this track from Mythos, but i'm not sure u'll like it

and to go back to AP style, this track (uptempo) is quite similar to unbelievable technology :

Guest D N H

I think this is somehow subjective. I mean i wouldn't describe Tryptomine Dream, Milk Bar or 12000 Suns as wintry stuff at all. For me all these are so spacy, so astral..

Tryptomine Dream brings me in mind some martian exotic terrains.

I don't know about wintry stuff but goa bringing coldness...hmm...more nocturnal http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEHaVD2EKyk

I think this is somehow subjective. I mean i wouldn't describe Tryptomine Dream, Milk Bar or 12000 Suns as wintry stuff at all. For me all these are so spacy, so astral..

Tryptomine Dream brings me in mind some martian exotic terrains.

I actually agree with you, i mentionned "similar" tracks that he could like, but i agree they are more spacy indeed than "coldy" or whatever.

Moonart = definitely a nice choice.

I would also add

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNscY99HZzM

it's not similar to any tunes you mentionned radi, but this track reminds me winter (maybe because first time i listened to this, it was snowing in my town :ph34r:

and also

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DaoeYG54Kc

perfect winter track from Jaia

I think that the Techtrance genre provides that kind of "coldness" psychedelic can achieve.

I agree, hence the X-dream post, and other artists like Spirallianz also represent truly cold mechanical trance, its not wintry in a breathy fresh air sense like AP, but freezing like a lunar base :P

E-Mantra was the first that came to my mind, but AP also has some other "cold" tracks. I can't say for sure that they have a "wintery" feeling, as in most of the cases I'd more or less think of cold space and technology, e.g.

Astral Projection - Techno Drome

Some other "cold" stuff in my book comes from Cybernetika (!)(check out tracks like Plasmoid, The Outer Reach, Earthshock on "Nanospheric"; "Neural Network Expansion" is even darker/colder, but maybe a tad too much).

They are all on youtube and even available as free DL, checkout www.cybernetika.de

Other stuff that might fit comes from Alienapia (e.g. Dharmakaya, Fear And Anger, Inner Poison), Liquid Flow (e.g. X Amount) and, of course, MFG.

E-Mantra was the first that came to my mind, but AP also has some other "cold" tracks. I can't say for sure that they have a "wintery" feeling, as in most of the cases I'd more or less think of cold space and technology, e.g.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=I05aj0fq0X4&feature=related

Some other "cold" stuff in my book comes from Cybernetika (!)(check out tracks like Plasmoid, The Outer Reach, Earthshock on "Nanospheric"; "Neural Network Expansion" is even darker/colder, but maybe a tad too much).

They are all on youtube and even available as free DL, checkout www.cybernetika.de

Other stuff that might fit comes from Alienapia (e.g. Dharmakaya, Fear And Anger, Inner Poison), Liquid Flow (e.g. X Amount) and, of course, MFG.

I always felt MFG and liquid flow were really warm..

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=I05aj0fq0X4&feature=related

In my opinion Astral projection Another world is definatly a cold album, Dancing Galaxy is rather cold aswell, altough there ware summer tracks on it like No One ever dreams. Astral Files and the Trust in Trance series feel warm to me. Mfg New Kind of World feels cold to me, but their other albums like prophecy or Project Genesis feel warm to me, message from God might be a bit colder.

Guest E-Mantra

Bypass Unit-Nanosphere courier

Mfg-On Mars

Prana /Amanite fx-Black rain/original

you should also check Darshan for "cold"sounds

E-Mantra-Ragnarok/Trans Neptunian Objects :P

^^

At least you have the same view as i have. But to me mroe Astral songs sound cold, in fact the most of Another World does in my opinion. The older albums do not, Also, One and Back from hell sound a bit cold in my opinion and are great tracks, especially Back from Hell.