the best new psychedelic full on out there

draeke

I was wondering, what are the most important releases of 2010 and 2011 of full on (not neo-goa), that you would recommend me to listen to?

Being always chasing oldschool tracks, artists and whatnot I haven't had the time to follow or listen to any new productions if not really a few.

So I am wondering who are considered to be the best artists and the best psychedelic tracks produced in the full-on genre?

Please no cheesy pop-trance, no metal trance, absolutely no dark-psy, twilight or Suomi, just melodic psychedelic trance, and not boring or repetitive if possible :).

I heard a set by Shane Gobi in London a month ago and he blew me away, it was like being in the 90s many melodies and psychedelic landscapes but it was not neo goa nor oldschool , it sounded modern and full on but extremely good. I would like to discover some new productions and who knows, maybe DJ it a bit too.

Thanks for any suggestion

with all your suggestions so far i summed up the best psychedelic modern full on not sounding oldschool here:

Albums:

Aphid Moon - Super Collider (2010)

Astrix - Red Means Distortion (2010)

Atma - The Secret Of Meditation (2009)

Bitkit - Logical (2007)

Fearsome Engine - Biting Point (2009)

Fraktophon - Nachtvolk (2011)

Hyperion - Drop Psychosis (2008)

Jirah - Pretty Chaos (2010)

Kiriyama - Reach Escape Velocity (2010)

LOUD - The Remixes (2011)

Man Machine - Reintegrate (2010)

Master Blasters - Life Changing Experiences (2011)

Mekkanikka - 2046 (2010)

Micky Noise - Maya EP (2010)

Ovnimoon - Geometric Poetry (2009)

Ovnimoon - Signals From The Surface (2010)

Ovnimoon - Magnetic Portal (2011)

Protoculture - Premonition (2010)

Psilocybe Project - Brave New World (2010)

Psilocybe Project - We Are All Creators (2011)

Psychomental - Mind Needs Heart (2010)

RAZ - Recorded Dreams (2010)

Snag The Sunshepherd - Realities (2010)

SOM - Morning Trip (2011)

Sonic Elysium - Mahaon (2011)

Terrafractyl - Chrysalis (2009)

Wizack Twizack - Space No More (2010)

Yudhisthira - Civilization & Transcendance (2008)

VA:

VA - Goa Culture Vol. III (2011)

VA - Myriad Expressions (2011)

VA - Temple Of One (2009)

I actually like Man Machine work, he released an album on Ovnimoon a year ago if I'm right. There is also some great stuff on Master Blasters album which came out this year on Nano Records. Both of thoose albums got nice vibe, they are not overflooded with melody but still got some. I'm gonna check some other albums in my collection and if I find something suitable, will post it here.

Cheers

Thanks to both, I will check these out :)

What exactly do you mean by neo-goa? Is that Glowing Flame type of stuff?! If not then Temple Of One is a really good treat, but of course that was also released September 2009...

Very good recommendation, almost forgot about that one. In addition to that, Braincell's 2010 album "Intelligent Beings" might fit the bill as well.

Master Blasters album at soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/nano-records/sets/master-blasters-life-changing/

About as far from Generic Full On as you can get but Terrafractyl is currently the absolute pinnacle of "full on" sounds. Melodic full on i guess you might call it. His first album came out in 2009 (Chrysalis) and his 2nd album Electronic Evolution is about to come out any week now!

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=7866

Also link to Myriad Expressions V/A that has incredible new Terrafractyl tracks on it - http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=8906

Also, Talpas new album "The Path" is about to be released as well in the next few weeks!

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=8939

Imo these are both at the utmost psychedelic end of the spectrum and are two artists constantly pushing the genre forward in new ways...

:):wub:

thanks a lot!! many interesting recommendations :) i have a lot to listen now!

EDIT: Ovnimoon - Arrival Of Love is really really good! , Terrafractyl I knew and also liked very much SOM, ;) thanks!!

thanks , I also quite enjoyed Micky Noise - Maia EP, refreshing!

EDIT: check first topic, i made a list :)

Thanks for the contribution JonCrow! although I have to say this one is a bit minimalistic and slower tempo than the rest of the selection.

it's interesting psytrance but is not exactly the full on i was looking for as I only liked the curse of greyface and divine intervention from it.

cheers

Thanks for the reccomendations Ormion, I dig the first one , and that is the bordrline of twuilight for me, already quite aggressive, the second video is absolutely outside what i intend by melodic full on, very aggressive and not my thing, its almost dark trance to my ears, sorry. :)

Thanks for the reccomendations Ormion, I dig the first one , and that is the bordrline of twuilight for me, already quite aggressive, the second video is absolutely outside what i intend by melodic full on, very aggressive and not my thing, its almost dark trance to my ears, sorry. :)

Cool.

[ridiculous self promotion]

Can I recommend two of my tracks?

[media='']http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-lnF_6Krc8[/media]

[media='']http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=4s1LN0ztU5A&feature=related[/media]

[/ridiculous self promotion]

I like intoxicant, thanks for letting me know your own music!