Moments of Tracks you wait for

karan129

I was listening to Chi-A.D. - Eye Am the I the other day and I realised I listen to the track in complete anticipation of the build in tension from 5:20 to 6:10 and that stellar moment at 6:10 when the beat completely drops and this empyrean synth kicks in for a few beats, then the beat kicks back in and the track takes off.

Anyone got similar favourite moments of brilliance?

Lunar Civilization, when the main melody comes in at about 4:30 and again at 8:00.

Actually I like the Pleiadians remix better, and I feel it builds toward that melody a little better, but unfortunately it takes 9 and a half minutes to get there and only lasts for 30 seconds in that version.

Yeah, what about practically every goa and trance hit? :P

absolutely right :P

No really, almost every goa and trance piece has this moment that I wait for ... it's in the nature of the music, many of the tracks build up to a specific passage of intensity or climax. And that's mostly what I wait for - and I wait for something in almost all of the goa or fullon or trance tracks. Good DJs then are skilled enough to stretch and play with these climaxes / "killargh passage" moments and the anticipation so that the result is even more satisfying ... like some dominatrix playing with the her customers' anticipation of orgasms ... oh, oopsie, are there really parallels - I think there are :rolleyes:

hehehe...

The exception is progressive IMO. There it's more about steadiness, delivering a rather constant output instead of playing around with climaxes or anticipation ... it's much more balanced and easier controllable both for listener and DJ - more control for me as the listener, maybe that's why I like prog so much...

Too many good ones but I want to point out, that in full-on, I always have to wait for the damn end. That's the best part in practically every full-on song ever. I don't understand why cant you make everything awesome, but just 1/8th of the track.

Yeah, there needs to be some foreplay ^_^

Especially if you are playing around with anticipation to wait for the intense moment...

hehe

^

A good song has a story with progression. If you try to make every second of the song equivalent to a peak, you end up with monotonous, boring shit, even if it's super energetic.

Yeah ok I could have clarified that better, I know constant climax would be too monotonous but why not try to make the progression interesting, like, at all? Most full-on is just full of predictable, boring stuff until the end that is usually pretty good, but I don't feel like listening to 6 minutes of crap to get 1 minute of something good.

Yeah, what about practically every goa and trance hit? :P

No, not atleast what I'm trying to get at. Every goa/trance hit has good builds and breakdowns, and the effect is achieved through the continuous build/breakdown as psymetal&bass pointed out. But a few tracks do have a moment that stands out and etches itself in your memory. If this isn't making sense, nevermind. Another example is Shakta - SBPB at 5:20. Just when you think the track can't possibly do any better, this heavenly melody comes in.

• 2 months later...

So many Posted Image

A memorable one for me though is the melody in Genetic - Transmission, always left wanting more Posted Image

This is indeet very good, also the remix "cops don't mook" is really good.

Man with no name - Under the influence the last wo minutes, altough the whole track is out of this world.

Phreaky - paranormal activity The second half is not that great and strange, but the frist half is out of this world aswell.