Transformers 3

Penzoline

As the description says. I saw it a while back and I went ONLY because of the Visuals. I didn't leave disappointed. For all of you who love state of the art CGI, go see it now. It is truly a breathtaking experience seeing those incredibly complex models, beautiful effects and spot-on cinematography. For all that thoroughly enjoy the latest of adrenaline filled action, go see it. It has moments that you have not seen before(Driller + skyscraper = HOLY PHUCK!!!).

Last but not least, for all that are looking for a strong story and likable characters, don't go, just don't. IMO this movie is almost pure fail when it comes to story, writing, characters, plot. Everything visually, and aurally, is wonderful work, but that's it.

Teaser for good measure.

What did everyone else think of it?

Same as you Penz. Saw it in 3D and the visuals and sound effects are stunning. But I must say it was by far the best Transformers movie to date. Maybe that doesn't tell much but I really enjoyed it as a whole movie. I just love when they go for only sound effects and no music in big scenes.

Yeah I agree. For mindless fun is pure win. The cgi are breathtaking and it has the best 3D after Avatar.

Yes, Avatar had good 3D but the movie sucked. Transformers is 10x better than Avatar. I felt the need to bash Avatar B)

Same as you Penz. Saw it in 3D and the visuals and sound effects are stunning. But I must say it was by far the best Transformers movie to date. Maybe that doesn't tell much but I really enjoyed it as a whole movie. I just love when they go for only sound effects and no music in big scenes.

Yes the sound effects were fantastic, BUT Transformers 2 had even better audio design, I remember it having much more of those awesome robotic sounds. T3 had better CGI though.

Yeah I agree. For mindless fun is pure win. The cgi are breathtaking and it has the best 3D after Avatar.

Yes the 3D was good, I forgot to mention that.

Yes, Avatar had good 3D but the movie sucked. Transformers is 10x better than Avatar. I felt the need to bash Avatar B)

I liked avatar, though I agree the story was pretty damn dumb, but the universe was interesting and since everything was cgi.. :D

• 1 month later...

It's the truth.

In your case, in my I always go for some facts and numbers:

Metascore: 83/100

IMDB: 8.1/10

Rotten Tomatoes: 83% / Audience: 92%

The film was well received by film critics. Review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reports that 83% of 275 professional critics have given the film a positive review, with a rating average of 7.4 out of 10.[215] Among Rotten Tomatoes' Top Critics, which consists of popular and notable critics from the top newspapers, websites, television and radio programs,[216] the film holds an overall approval rating of 95%, based on a total of 39 reviews.[217] The site's consensus is that "It might be more impressive on a technical level than as a piece of storytelling, but Avatar reaffirms James Cameron's singular gift for imaginative, absorbing filmmaking."[215] Metacritic, which assigns a weighted mean rating out of 100 reviews from film critics, the film has a rating score of 84% based on 35 reviews.[218] CinemaScore polls conducted during the opening weekend revealed the average grade cinemagoers gave Avatar was A on an A+ to F scale. Every demographic surveyed was reported to give this rating. These polls also indicated that the main draw of the film was its use of 3-D

Transformers 3

Metascore: 42/100

IMDB: 6,6/10

Rotten Tomatoes: 35% / Audience: 67%

The film received mostly negative reviews. Based on 234 reviews collected by Rotten Tomatoes, Revenge of the Fallen received an average 20% overall approval rating (the original earned a 57%). Critical consensus was that the film was a "noisy, underplotted, and overlong special effects extravaganza that lacks a human touch."[96] Metacritic gave it an average score of 35 out of 100 from the 32 reviews it collected.[97] In CinemaScore polls, however, users gave the film a "B+", compared to the "A" that the original film had scored.[98] Actor Shia LaBeouf was unimpressed with the film, stating, "We got lost. We tried to get bigger. It's what happens to sequels. It's like, how do you top the first one? You've got to go bigger. Michael Bay went so big that it became too big, and I think you lost the anchor of the movie...You lost a bit of the relationships. Unless you have those relationships, then the movie doesn't matter. Then it's just a bunch of robots fighting each other."[99] Michael Bay has admitted his disappointment with the movie and has apologized saying the movie was "crap" and blamed the 2007-2008 Writer's Strike saying "It was very hard to put (the sequel) together that quickly after the writers' strike (of 2007-08)".[100] According to The Washington Post, Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen is Bay's worst-reviewed film, faring even worse than Pearl Harbor.[101] Betsy Sharkey of the Los Angeles Times described the film as "in-your-face, ear-splitting and unrelenting. It's easy to walk away feeling like you've spent 2½ hours in the mad, wild hydraulic embrace of a car compactor".

Why?

Avatar is the most overrated crap I've ever seen. It's nothing more then a Dancing With Wolves in space. Except Dancing With Wolves was kinda good I remember.

Indeed there is some connections with Dancing With Wolves and Pocahontas, but I can't compare Camerons work with them because Avatar is in my opinion universe for itself, no matter there is plot connections between thoose three. Afterall it's a matter of taste and indeed I respect when someone doesn't like something that I do, but saying it's a crap or it's worse than T3 which received much more negative response from professional critic (even they used technology which was presented for the first time in Avatar and no matter that they got extremly high budget) it's total subjectivity in my opinion.

I rest my case here.

Indeed there is some connections with Dancing With Wolves and Pocahontas, but I can't compare Camerons work with them because Avatar is in my opinion universe for itself, no matter there is plot connections between thoose three. Afterall it's a matter of taste and indeed I respect when someone doesn't like something that I do, but saying it's a crap or it's worse than T3 which received much more negative response from professional critic (even they used technology which was presented for the first time in Avatar and no matter that they got extremly high budget) it's total subjectivity in my opinion.

I rest my case here.

Yes, exactly. How can a vague copied plot get so high ratings from professional critics :)

I think we should leave it at taste after all.