I recently bought Tutankhamon 9000's Lost in Luxor...

GagaISM

And I'm slowly warming up to it. I haven't been too keen on most of the Darkspy and Full-on I have heard thus far. But this isn't half bad. I remember this album being really hyped on this board back in 2008. So what are the Hallucinogen's and Koxbox's of this genre? Bring it on! :)

Time to check Kindzadza out. Psykovsky as well I suppose?

A lot of people seem to rate Psykovsky very highly. Personally I find his stuff a bit hit-and-miss; some of it is brilliant, some of it is boring.

Oh and would you catagorize Tutankhamon as Darkpsy?

I don't have the album, but based on the saikosounds samples I would do, yes.

I might be mistaken but I think it was suomi?

I can't say I've ever really understood what constitutes Suomi psytrance, but whether Lost in Luxor does or not it certainly has many recognisable darkpsy elements.

I really like forest darkpsy the most, where Derango is the best, with Krussedull as an honorable mention

The danish Parvati Records releases some great music, where Onkel Dunkel is my favorite

The russians are producing some mad music already mentioned, but in this style I'd like to mention Ocelot

Ghreg On Earth has a very distinct sound which I like

I'm sorry to overload with links, but I hope I covered several styles of darkpsy. In the early beginning I thought that darkpsy was hard to get into. But after experinecing it live I was sold!

Good darkspytrance in the vein of Kindzadza would be artists like: Osom, Kashyyyk, Matutero & Cosmo.

It's that glitchy, rolling bassline, screechy style and i'd reccomend the V/A "Peace for the Wicked", every track is an amazing representation of the style. That or V/A "Crazy Tunes", but Crazy Tunes gets into hyper bpms and possibly lacks the intelligence of Kindzadza etc, it's more of a physical appeal than a head trip.

Enjoy (;

Yeah Parasense is alright, not my cup of tea, I think there's better dark forest out there, like Para Halu, but I wouldn't have said these sorts of artists are like Tutankhamon 9000 particularly.

For a real pioneer in dark psy check out Xenomorph - Cassandra's Nightmare, ooosh! 1998 as well!

Edit: Forgot to mention Scatterbrain - Infernal Angel, amazing early darkpsytrance from 2003. Very unique style.

Kindzadza is best dark psy artist for me, specialy because his special melodies example in Shivaya Voda @ 6.10 that etno forest sound :ph34r:

Also try Baphomet Engine, Para Halu, Far East Ghost, Furious, Kerosene Club, Malice In Wonderland, Cosmo, Noise Gust, Ocelot some albums, Fungus Funk and for sure WIZACK TWIZACK

Kindzadza is best dark psy artist for me, specialy because his special melodies example in Shivaya Voda @ 6.10 that etno forest sound :ph34r:

Also try Baphomet Engine, Para Halu, Far East Ghost, Furious, Kerosene Club, Malice In Wonderland, Cosmo, Noise Gust, Ocelot some albums, Fungus Funk and for sure WIZACK TWIZACK

Isn't Noise Gust the king of this style in Japan? I have heard his name mentioned a few times.

Ps. Anybody who knows where I can obtain his In The Brain Chip album on CD without paying 70 bucks on discogs?

Isn't Noise Gust the king of this style in Japan? I have heard his name mentioned a few times.

Ps. Anybody who knows where I can obtain his In The Brain Chip album on CD without paying 70 bucks on discogs?

Yes, he is but i think Far East Ghost is bettaa

Tutankhamon 9000 do have a quite unique approach to darkpsy (if I would even call it that), I do hear the suomi touch though.

two tracks in the same vein:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_rStlsT2s

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaJZI1nTUuE

you could also download this EP from antiscarp:

Darth Phader - Iterated Fun'tion Systems

more Finish madness

What about Parasense? I remember them as being one of the Pioneers of the Darkpsy sub-genre right?

I mostly liked zolod's contributions like Deja Vu Fabrique, Terminator - Spirits of The Plants and Freaking.. awesome stuff! I like this "older" russian darkpsy sound better than the newer more glitchy sound.