Ott - Mir

Guest antic

Guest antic

Actually his other albums all look to have been distributed by Wirikuta, not Arabesque. Their site has no mention of Mir either.

True that. Twisted is not on arabesque as well :)

But anyway, I'd suggest anyone waiting for the actual CD to work their patience skills :)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. One Day I Wish To Have This Kind Of Time.

2. Adrift In Hilbert Space.

3. Owl Stretching Time.

4. Squirrel and Biscuits.

5. A Nice Little Place.

6. Mouse Eating Cheese.

7. The Aubergine of the Sun.

from his page/profile post, official tracklist

This album has to blow us all away. Prometheus' third was good, Younger Brother 3 will probably be okayish, Shpongle God particle was okay, but this needs to be effin spectacular.

in my opionion, the only things the above names have in common is friendship, label and hardware. Ott sounds nothing like them, he's an island in music and that's it.

last night, in Camden, Ott had i think problems or the bar had problems with the sound system, so there was quite a big delay until he started, we had the chance to listen only a few new tracks, surprisingly DUBSTEP is the new element inside, but on a very OTT-ISH way.

in my opionion, the only things the above names have in common is friendship, label and hardware. Ott sounds nothing like them, he's an island in music and that's it.

last night, in Camden, Ott had i think problems or the bar had problems with the sound system, so there was quite a big delay until he started, we had the chance to listen only a few new tracks, surprisingly DUBSTEP is the new element inside, but on a very OTT-ISH way.

Ott... has some dubstep elements in his new tunes....?

*brain explodes*

Hehe, curious to hear the dubstep in Ott's music now :ph34r:

I hope there's not too much dubstep in it :-(

I know what you mean. But I don't think Ott would do that.

lol, i dont like dubstep aswell, but i got used to the rhythm from friends around me listening to it, and i can say that there are some stuff that i like "sometimes", as long as the dub dominates im fine, but give the link a try, Ott gave it for free like an hour ago :D

ps, he did a similar experient once a while a go, Ott meets billy the kid, the break after the pause is very different to what Ott usually does, but this is Ott, open to challanges :)

Listening to it now.

This guy is just gifted... Outstanding.

Like track 1 the best so far... Album artwork is also fantastic.

I think the album sounds fantastic!

I concur.

Though, it's certainly a change of pace to his usual stuff. And with that change, there's always people who whine about it. I don't think it's a permanent change of course. Just something to explore on his part most like. But I like it. B)

Guest antic

One things is bugging me.

With current internet connectivity that people have not only on their desktops, but as well on their mobile devices, what sense does it make to have the album available for preview in full length in reasonable quality (128kbps maybe?), without offering the CD yet? I'm thinking a lot of people will settle for this (i.e. streaming from ottsonic.bandcam.com), others will leech from p2p and just few will pay for the HQ download and even fewer will be so patient as to wait for the actual CD.

For me that's a strange sales mechanism. Hope it works for Ott.

I understand your point, but if any release is ripped and uploaded before the release-date anyway, you might as well help potential buyers by spreading the material yourself. I doubt this makes that much of a difference, really.

But thanks for pointing it out, I hadn't even noticed the whole album was available on his bandcamp site. Nice!

At first listen (halfway through) I must say it sounds like Ott 2.0. Very nice! Still recognizable as Ott, but much tighter and less strictly dubby. A few '-steppy' influences here and there and overall very good stuff. Pleasant surprise.

One things is bugging me.

With current internet connectivity that people have not only on their desktops, but as well on their mobile devices, what sense does it make to have the album available for preview in full length in reasonable quality (128kbps maybe?), without offering the CD yet? I'm thinking a lot of people will settle for this (i.e. streaming from ottsonic.bandcam.com), others will leech from p2p and just few will pay for the HQ download and even fewer will be so patient as to wait for the actual CD.

For me that's a strange sales mechanism. Hope it works for Ott.

Maybe he thinks people will buy it because they like it, even though they now already "have" it.

I agree that it is a very risky sales teachnique but while it could hurt CD sales it could seriously boost the number of people wanting to go to his gigs and I am sure the most money comes from the gigs nowadays.

I'm going to wait until I get the CD before listening to it as I generally don't connect with anything I download :(

Guest antic

I'm going to wait until I get the CD before listening to it as I generally don't connect with anything I download :(

Know what you mean. I even have the same problem with stuff from Ektoplazm - can't seem to appreciate no matter how good it is. I know it's stupid, but can't do nothing about. It seems I'm too old school ;)

Anyway, I agree with what you said about gigs - this is probably the most important and the rest is just bonus. Furthermore, I understand if he did released it "by himself" he gets much better cut of whatever is sold, even if in nominal terms the quantity is lower.

I just hope it won't take months until the CD is available :)