dark ambient suggestions

ouroboros

anyone have suggestions for some good dark ambient?

im looking for stuff thats NOT just drones and textures. im looking for stuff with percussion and interesting patterns....more stuff that borders on dark ambient / industrial

here are examples of the style im looking for:

a.n.k.h//

empusae

skin contact.

thnx in advance for any help.

just type in dark ambient in the search u lazy pig

gee...thnx for the helpful reply. written with such wit and creativity to boot.

i dont suppose it would have occurred to you that i already did that?

in case you couldnt pull youself away from the pipe long enough to read my entire question...i was asking for specific suggestions pertaining to the examples i gave.

thanks for playing though

you may try to hear some stuff on plague recordings although am not entirely sure is what you look for as i have never heard the artists you mentioned in your original post.

but there is for sure some creative dark ambient & drone stuff on plague. other than that you may also try moksha sides project's: Delysid (2), DLS, Helix 12, Ordo Catharis Templi, Zoomorph, Hoedh, Hostia.

Good luck! :)

thnx for the suggestions.

so far most of that is what im not really looking for. drone and texture based dark ambient is all over the place and very easy to find.

the silent hill stuff is more what im looking for...but still not quite it.

i did find this though:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiH8Wz5Oh0g

most of the flint glass stuff ive heard is pretty good.....ill keep looking

I try to minimise the clanking in my collection, but there are some more rhythmic bits in Desiderii Marginis, Herbst9, Inade, Camanecroszcope, ATOI and Sephiroth, to name a few. Is any of those close to what you're looking for? (Anything faster than that and I'll refuse to call it ambient...)

again...thanks for the suggestions.

so....

let me first say...i like all of those and will be looking into them more,

as for mortal engines...not really what im looking for....good, but not dark.

dolmot...

those are all very very good...but still not really what im after. you and i probably have different ideas as to what "ambient" can be....yours being more strict than mine. all of those bands were too ambient for what im looking for (again...a lot of drones and textures). i really like inade (i liked them all actually...i have some sephiroth already), but i would classify these as gothic ambient.

i actually like the clanking...and am looking for stuff thats less "musical"...a more mechanical sound.

but thanks for suggesting these...i like them a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

I did some digging a few months back and tried to find dark ambient that fit a particular tone. What I found to be the best is

Svartsinn - Traces of Nothingness

and

Red Fog - Dronerider, which can be downloaded for free here: http://dna-production.org/releases/dna90/

Otherwise I haven't really found anything that sounds too good..

• 2 weeks later...