Goa Gil talks about trance-dancing

Toxic Amygdala

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

remember that Jean Borelli, of Orion fame, destroyed his good reputation, and bookings, with rude remarks some years ago.

ehmmm ok? I am a very close and good friend of Jean and he is the most polite kindhearted person I know. And on the contrary he never ruined his career. He had a child, got married and started his own business. By the way - He will soon release a new album on Iboga.

Gossip and stupid remarks as usual!

Show me where he was rude or be silent ;)

However, I think that GG style of dark is getting tiresome. He's been playing dark for almost 10 years now, and his 150+ bpm selection is not so attractive anymore.

IMO, he will change soon. My bet is that he will return to Goa. Or to techno - which, currently, is more psychedelic than trance itself.

Then he better start practice his Beat-mixing or become the laughing stock on the floor. People into Techno would never applause his lack of Beat-mixing skill. On the contrary!

Elysium:

Gossip and stupid remarks as usual!

Like yours here, for instance?

And it's not my fault that you've become a desinformed person - if you are calling others' information gossip about this, then you are out of the top of the pyramid of the scene...as everyone can see.

Anyway, I wish Orion a nice return. He was my fav for a long time, and I do hope he is booked for some nice parties and festivals.

Elysium:

Like yours here, for instance?

And it's not my fault that you've become a desinformed person - if you are calling others' information gossip about this, then you are out of the top of the pyramid of the scene...as everyone can see.

Anyway, I wish Orion a nice return. He was my fav for a long time, and I do hope he is booked for some nice parties and festivals.

You accused Jean Borelli of being rude and that he ruined his career because of that. Yet when asked you failed to provide any documentation backing up your gossip. And when you fail to provide any kind of evidence backing up your harsh accusation you turn it back on me and say I run with gossip here and is dis-informed etc. Please show me where I post gossip on this board and again I ask you to provide evidence that Jean Borelli was rude and ruined his own career. If you want to be taken serious do not accuse people of things they never did!

"I call you a gossip guy

but

I wan to hear this gossip

too"

nice poem <_<

Hey mate, are we going to speak about our Space Sadhu the Shiva's Guru of Goa Gil extraterrestial brain and cellestial intelligence :lol: or what?

To be honest if you ask me: where's psychedelia nowadays? I would

say 100% sure, it's on dark.

Worth raiding Wildthings Records and Parvati Records catalog, might change your mind. Bom Shanka perhaps too.

Huh? Surely those labels all make darkpsy?

Huh? Surely those labels all make darkpsy?

Never been great myself with genre names and subgenre classifications so feel free to correct me but round the UK we call those night psy / forest psy depending on the artist. More darkpsy in parvati however.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP7jnaRti4A

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjLnyp-Xb1w

Guest antic

Two thumbs up for Wildthings Rec. and Bom Shanka from me!

Check full Psymmetrix debut album and their first V/A here: http://soundcloud.com/bomshankamusic. From Wildthings Rec. catalogue, I can wholeheartedly recommend: RealiyGrid (1st album in particular), Hoodwink, Error Corrective, EVP (both albums), V/A Alpha Rhythms, V/A D.M.T.

Those two labels are doing something which is between full-on and dark, going into the footsteps of old goa/psy labels in the likes of Koyote or Creamcrop, i.e. less melodic, more screechy scratchy hectic stuff.

Aye, it's brilliant stuff, intensely psychedelic, super groovy, banging, acidic, alien and squelchy; produced to crystal clear standards. Nothing wrong with darkpsy but I personally find it far too drilling and sometimes a bit depressing. By a long stretch my favourite stuff to dance to at night except perhaps darker goa.

Bom Shanka distribute free mp3s of all their releases: http://www.bomshanka.com/freeMP3s

Worth checking Synthetik Chaos and Neutral Motion, not sure if they've released anything yet but the later I've had the fortune of seeing frequently in London for the past year and he's awesome.

Worth keeping an eye on Loose Connection as well: http://www.myspace.com/looseconnectionpsy