PharaOm - Awakening Bodhisattva EP (UAFR003)

Posted Image

Release Info:
Label: Underground Alien Factory (UAF)
Format: EP, 320kbit
Genre: Goa Trance
Style: New School
Tracks: 3
Playtime: 25:04 min
Catalog#: UAFR003
URL: www.myspace.com/pharaom
Release Date: 25. November 2009.

Release Notes:
Welcome to the dimension of PharaOm, courageous traveller!
After receiving the awakening, you will be able to stand up the death deity Yamantaka,
and to meet White Tara, the mother of liberation.

This melodic and colorfull EP is made by a new goa trance artist from France.
Directly inspired by the Indian spirituality,
his powerful sounds will bring you in a strange land between heaven and hell!

Tracklist:
01. PharaOm - Awakening Bodhisattva (8:09)
02. PharaOm - Yamantaka (8:40)
03. PharaOm - White Tara (8:15)

Credits:
Coverart by Imba
Mastering by Psyks Studio

Download release here (320 kbit):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/4yl597

PharaOm, very nice start man. You have talent. Don't stop, work harder :)) Try another sound of kick :)) And remember, goa trance isn't necessarily Indian or oriental :) So feel free to make anything you want, be crazy :)))

Old school, new school, goa or not goa I don't give a shit as long music is good. And I agree that many new school projects sound awesome. But I also agree that something is missing. So here's list of advices-suggestions to any new goa producer.

1.- Goa was never only about happy feelings or positive energy. Anoebis said that Suntrip focus on that (pretty much normal since it calls SUNtrip, so this one doesn't go to Suntrip).

Goa was positive, eerie, aggressive, alien-y, crazy. Check out Phreaky-Tornado. Twisted, psychotic, dark and evil. Yet it's Goa! I have listened only ONE new school artist that sounds like that and that's Amanians.

2.- Goa was never only about oriental melodies. Check out Oforia's music. Most of his track have no oriental feeling in them, yet it's Goa. I LOVE oriental non-cheesy melodies, but there's more than that.

3.- New School albums need variety between the songs. One of the things I don't like in many new school albums is that most (or all) of the tracks are sound similar. I mean you can hear the same presets about bass, leads, pads even kicks or hats.

Remember Tandu's album?

4.- Not anything has to be floating. And thank God that artists like Filteria or Filippe exist that focus on energy and power. Of course this is kind of subjective since I always found floating Goa pretty boring, but Goa was twisted too.

5.- This one goes to the core Goa-only lovers. Goa needs experimentation. Just because an artist used a 16th-not bassline doesn't mean it's full on. Or because he uses flying fx all over it's darkpsy. Let the music breath.

I really believe that many new school artists may be afraid the to use a new, fresh, weird idea in their tracks cause will be the reason of criticism by loyal Goa fans. Let your ideas flow, this is what old school artists did and this is why we love their music.

All of these are coming form THE goa lover, with all my respect to everyone. :)

Hope to meet you on some huge goafest someday :D

Bom!

Thanks for the advice !

Don't worry I'm exploring other kind of music, other kind of trance especially.

Please visit my 2 other myspaces if you want to hear some different things ;) :

Experimental/Ambient/DnB www.myspace.com/oswaldpfeiffer

Night/forest trance (?) www.myspace.com/baronsamddi