Ormion

Star Wars or Star Trek  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Star Wars or Star Trek

• Star Wars
    • Star Trek
    • Both
    • None

I watched Star Trek yesterday and Fanboys couple of weeks ago, so I came up with this classic question.

Star Wars fan or Star Trek fan?

I voted Star Wars.

The main reason is that I never followed any Star Trek series and I'm not that familiar with the ST universe. I have seen some episodes and some of the movies and I can say that I damn like it though.

But I'm more familiar with the SW universe and watched the movies many times, so I'm closer to be a SW fan. (I don't consider myself a real fan though, more like a guy who likes it in a normal amount).

it's a bit apples and oranges

but anyway... Star Trek. Because of Deep Space Nine (best TV show of all time without a doubt) and The Next Generation & Voyager series and First Contact movie.

of course I love the original Star Wars forever as well

Star Trek... although I find that exactly which series you like depends greately on the years that you were a teen (people who where teens in the 70s-80s will tell you that nothing beats the original, people who were teens in the 90s will tell you that Next Generation is the best, etc...). Personally I found the original pretty good albeit a bit childish at times with all the wars with aliens (romulans?) stuff. I was a HUGE Next Generation fan (I was a teen in the 90s so it figures...). I was also incredibly dissapointed by later series and never could understand what people found interesting. But again, I suppose that someone who was a teen in the 70s-80s probably thought the same thing about The Next Generation when it came out.

As for Star Wars... actually I never really was a fan... I found it confusing and just too many special effects and fight scenes that distracted you from the main plot (which was really thin anyway...).

I am a trekkie by default. My mum loved The Next Generation and it was on every week after dinner on wednesdays (later almost every week day). I started liking it, got into the universe but never really got into the later series DS9 and Voyager although from what I hear they get a lot deeper than TNG did.

I am a trekkie by default. My mum loved The Next Generation and it was on every week after dinner on wednesdays (later almost every week day). I started liking it, got into the universe but never really got into the later series DS9 and Voyager although from what I hear they get a lot deeper than TNG did.

they did??? Cause I always found that the storylines were soo shallow compared to TNG. Like this one episode when Q wanted to have a child with the captain of the Voyager WTF?? This is Q we're talking about here, it felt like learning that Simon Posford wanted to produce Britney Spear's latest album...

they did??? Cause I always found that the storylines were soo shallow compared to TNG. Like this one episode when Q wanted to have a child with the captain of the Voyager WTF?? This is Q we're talking about here, it felt like learning that Simon Posford wanted to produce Britney Spear's latest album...

I've seen all TNG and VOY episodes at least once and all DS9 episodes twice

DS9 has a big and well developed storyline and much more developed characters and relationships... the story is much larger in scope and deeper than all the other Treks in every possible way...

although it has to be said the series really kicks off at season 4, when Sisko gets bald and Worf joins the crew... season 4-7 is simply epic, with a number of totally awesome episodes that are IMO greater than anything else in Star Trek (series or movies)

really, DS9 is the best Star Trek has to offer

They're both very gay although the space bikes in the Ewok forest would be fun! Imagine the possibilities!!!

In my eyes is Star Wars and Star Trek totally different. You tried to compare apples and oranges.

Star Wars is not really Science Fiction, it is a modern fariytale. There is a evil magician (the Emperor) with his dark army and he tried to rule the universe. But the modern temple knights or the knights of the table round (the Jedi's) and the rebels want to stop him.

Star Trek is real Science Fiction where is explained all the visionary (maybe soon real) physical theories and the many differend species with their cultures. They discovered new worlds and tried with diplomacy to prevent conflicts and make new friend reps. allys.

In my eyes is Star Wars and Star Trek totally different. You tried to compare apples and oranges.

Star Wars is not really Science Fiction, it is a modern fariytale. There is a evil magician (the Emperor) with his dark army and he tried to rule the universe. But the modern temple knights or the knights of the table round (the Jedi's) and the rebels want to stop him.

Star Trek is real Science Fiction where is explained all the visionary (maybe soon real) physical theories and the many differend species with their cultures. They discovered new worlds and tried with diplomacy to prevent conflicts and make new friend reps. allys.

You're 100% right, but Star Wars vs Star Trek is a very popular 'battle', hence the thread.

Star Trek... although I find that exactly which series you like depends greately on the years that you were a teen (people who where teens in the 70s-80s will tell you that nothing beats the original, people who were teens in the 90s will tell you that Next Generation is the best, etc...). Personally I found the original pretty good albeit a bit childish at times with all the wars with aliens (romulans?) stuff. I was a HUGE Next Generation fan (I was a teen in the 90s so it figures...). I was also incredibly dissapointed by later series and never could understand what people found interesting. But again, I suppose that someone who was a teen in the 70s-80s probably thought the same thing about The Next Generation when it came out.

You've got a point there. I thing TNG was the best, and I was a teen in the 90's. I never really saw Voyager or DS9 much, but I think Voyager was all right and I hated the little I saw of DS9. I was into Enterprise when it first started, but it petered out pretty quickly. First Contact is my favorite movie, although I liked the new one a lot too.

Obviously, I voted Star Trek. I don't dislike Star Wars (at least not the old ones anyway), but I like Star Trek better.