kettel

murphythecat

i know tons of people will say its not the place to talk about kettel, whatever. I realize that the only album from kettel that has been reviewed l is my dogan and myam james i think, but through firendly waters and whisper me wishes has been forgotten

and its a huge, a really huge mistake. IMO kettel is the best electronic musician on the scene, not psychadelics, but electronic. Every songs he touchs turn out to be always beautifully melodious, always, there not a single song from kettel last 4 album that I dont love.

IMO kettel is what posford is to psy, beside FSOL but its still really psy. of course maybe not technically.

Hes like doing candy idm, its simply perfect, i cant get bored even if i listen 3 times in a row the same fuckin songs, i dont understand why, but im like addicted by his music, literraly

anyways, just wanted to mention this artist cause im sacred its been forgotted and its a HUGE shame. The melodies in his song are simply unique. HES a genius, but you have to listen to all last 4 albums, cause the last myam james isnt as good IMO than the 3 others. but seriously if you like bluetech you will go insane over this guy. and by the way, im really dissapointed about the last album of bluetech

kettel kettel kettel

Kettel is great! Really. My Dogan, Myan James Part One, Whisper Me Wishes, Through Friendly Waters & Volleyed Iron are all the albums I have. All of them are good with My Dogan, Myam James & Volleyed Iron being great IMO.

For an IDM artist though Kettel is talked about a lot here, you might find more discussion on IDM forums

http://www.idmforums.com/showthread.php?t=10751

IMO kettel is the best electronic musician on the scene, not psychadelics, but electronic.

I just find it ironic that you point that out when there's Other electronic subforum right beneath this one.

But yeah, kettel is awesome.

I just find it ironic that you point that out when there's Other electronic subforum right beneath this one.

yeah i understand, but of course psy is electronic, but its not really electronic, the forms of the song is way to different, but everthing else, like prog, or idm, or industrial, it all seems to have that same feeling to the song, thats why i consider kettel being the best electronic music ive listen too

because kettel is way different than shpongle, entheogenic, or shulman..etc, but shpongle, or enthéogenic, or fsol are in my opinion, as good as kettel

but kettel is IMO way better thean anything that electronic beside psy, you understand?

murph doesn't know the meaning of other forums.

its good hein, its funny, you said that, cause by the time i was reading your post, i was seriously listening to scone

You checked out the Funcken brothers output also?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

review from a magasine that i love about the through friendly waters from kettel

The beginning of 2005 is crazy - I don't remember when I have been flooded with such a number of totally beautiful albums. And the weirdest thing is that they keep getting better and better. So the most beautiful release this year - the new album of Reimer Eising (aka Kettel). It is his fifth album and sixteenth release already (not bad at all, isn't it?). Previously his music could be found on such labels as Neo Ouija, U-Cover, Planet-Mu, Hydrogen Dukebox, Krackfive, Carpark and etc. I really won't be mistaken if I say that during these years he has really improved. Last time he served us a gorgeous dose of ambient music in Volleyed Iron album (U-Cover, 2004). This time he returns melodic electronica which is more common to him and releases Through Friendly Waters album on fresh Sending Orbs label (which is selling his album on line, too). it states that it releases electronic music and that it will remain focused on this in the future but won't keep to certian style within this field. So I really hope that their next releases will be as good as this one.

Take a deep breathe.

Forget about everything you knew before.

What you will hear is more than just beauty.

Free fall in the air that is full of light fuzz begins...

In a beautifully and softly formatted jewel case lies thing that will drive me crazy after 49 minutes. Green and fresh. I turn off lights in my room, subside in my chair and slowly push down PLAY. A weird beginning is frightening me a bit. But this does not last long and I start to think that I should have been this way. This contraption soon turns upside down and morphs into a Plaid-like beauty which is fluttering in the air pleasantly. This is the real face of Reimer. After that rhythmic lines are getting stricter, refilling with sharp as ice crystals angles. But all these backgrounds are driving me crazy and my heart is beating faster and faster. Seems that it already knows about the upcoming wave of emotions. And it isn't wrong: eased rhythms, those distant fairy voice and insanely beautiful melodies are tearing me apart slowly. Title song of the album carries me away to artic sea where I am slowly flying just above the water that isn't frozen, yet. I see reflections of charming sounds in it. Icebergs, those icebergs are sliding the horizons and knocking on my heart in the form of icy rhythms. A total magic. The speed is rising and in the next track - Every Kiss You Gave - is showering me with drops of sentimental piano melodies. Rushing rhythm and playful synths are flying away like a hot sparks from my heart. Purple Jacket Trot. Still bloody beautiful. It is turning to be inordinately beautiful and I become unable to turn these sounds into letters on my sheet.

I say STOP after this track. The last two masterpieces are in my list of the best tracks that have ever been made and I really doubt that they will ever be deleted from there. So those who didn't enjoy this album so far should not listen to it further because I really don't want to hear any bad words about these two tracks.

Such beauty is born under the lucky star.

Such beauty turns me into a sublime person.

Such beauty is my perpetuum mobile.

Such music is as beautiful as your beloved person.

Such music with every atom of its sound makes me fall in love with it.

Through Friendly Waters from its cover artworks to the very last fade is the most sincere album that I have heard recently. After listening to this album It becomes hard to turn every single thought in my head into words after listening to it because all of them have turned to be too beautiful for that...

Rating: 10

i dont get, no one makes a comeback saying its simple just amazing, caus it is, kettel is thje best producer of electronic i heard, and everyone should at least listen carefully to cenny crush album and through friendly waters, cause i cant not put words on how much its just perfectly melodically amzing, no one ever did that, theres distinct melodies, ditinct changing bass line, WOW

im just telling that cause i really think not enough people had listen to carefully to kettel, and if you would do, you would probably freak out, like i did when i listen to that, anyways....

i dont get, no one makes a comeback saying its simple just amazing, caus it is, kettel is thje best producer of electronic i heard, and everyone should at least listen carefully to cenny crush album and through friendly waters, cause i cant not put words on how much its just perfectly melodically amzing, no one ever did that, theres distinct melodies, ditinct changing bass line, WOW

im just telling that cause i really think not enough people had listen to carefully to kettel, and if you would do, you would probably freak out, like i did when i listen to that, anyways....

not all people share u vision on electronica... don't ever expect that, cus u will get disappointed!

But when that is said I really like kettel and his fantastic melodies, but I would not put him as my favorite electronic producer, I mean THE best is quite a statement, but each to their own ;)

Half the world will never understand the pleasures of the other half.

It can be hard to understand why other people do not love the same things you do. I listen to music that I like and it blows me away, the detail, the atmosphere, the haunting melancholy etc & other people hear it and think "utter shite!" always leaving me flabergasted. But it is a fact of life, people just don't like the same things. What is it that people see in what they love that I don't? Some people love Contemporary Jazz but all I hear is a random assortment of annoying noises.

As for Kettel, I think he is a very talented artist, but the BEST electronic musician? That would be pushing it a lot for me.