What's so good about Spoonbill?

bwhale

Hey eikos, since you're so far from being open-minded and seem to exist only to trash all music that isn't old school Goa, why bother looking into new music at all? I don't think I've ever seen Spoonbill mentioned here on Psynews... and in any event he isn't writing anything within the psytrance realm for the most part--this is wiggly bass-heavy stuff, possibly dubstep, or something else... and people happen to really like it because they are seeking something different in music than you are, or at least open to the possibilities. Dubstep and deep glitchy breaks have come into fashion precisely because some people want a bumpin' party, not just a transcendental psychedelic experience. So there you have it.

I don't know how those people are enjoying it, I'd be lying on the ground in convulsions.

OK now, can you take a deep breath in, count to ten, exhale, and then try to envision (with your eyes closed) anybody on this forum giving a damn in what position you'd be receiveing the sound waves? :lol:

Wow! What a random thread! I had never heard of Spoonbill before and don't quite see how it relates to General Psytrance at all.

I quite liked it though, nothing I'd actually buy but I wouldn't mind hearing. Bwhale you might need to learn to understand that people have different tastes to you!

Wow! What a random thread! I had never heard of Spoonbill before and don't quite see how it relates to General Psytrance at all.

You don't have Treecreation? His was one of the best tracks on that IMO (link).

You don't have Treecreation? His was one of the best tracks on that IMO (link).

His track on youtube sounds nothing like the one on treecreation! Didn't even register that I'd heard this guy before :P

Here is an example for those that didn't hear him:

I don't know how those people are enjoying it, I'd be lying on the ground in convulsions.

No, that was pretty good.

I'll be looking for spoonbill in the shops now.