Banco De Gaia

Malevol3nt

Toby Marks a.k.a. Banco De Gaia. Just listening to his '10 Years' album. Really great ethnic/chillout music, very creative stuff. I've found out about him from the ambientmusicguide.com site. Altho theres a TON of artists missing from that site it's still nice to find this kind of music.

Anyone else enjoying this music? Have recommendations of similar style artists maybe? (Well I'll find out by myself probably, since I haven't browsed thru all the artists from that site just yet.) But this is great stuff! :)

Love Banco De Gaia :wub:

Similar artists?

Hmmmm.....

Try Kaya Project & Jairamji

not exactly the same but I think if you like the ethnic style without going to overboard, you may like them :D

I also played some Mystery of The Yeti at a night recently & someone commented how Banco it sounded (it was an upbeat excerpt though)

Love Banco De Gaia :wub:

Similar artists?

Hmmmm.....

Try Kaya Project & Jairamji

not exactly the same but I think if you like the ethnic style without going to overboard, you may like them :D

I also played some Mystery of The Yeti at a night recently & someone commented how Banco it sounded (it was an upbeat excerpt though)

Thanks! :D

Big fan of Banco de Gaia here aswell :)

I haven't found anything similar though. But that's not so much an issue with the musical style, it rather is an issue with this kind of "inner peace" that swings along in Banco's tunes. It's a kind of peaceful, beautiful, happy, fresh, funny undertone ... but mainly peaceful. That always reminded me of Tibet in some way.

I prefer the track Kincajou, but yeah, Lhasa ain't bad. :)

Kincajou (Wild Monkey Fever Remix)!!!

but "Kara-Kum Edit" from his Myspace is actually FREAKIN' awesome ... almost better than all other stuff I know from him, that melody is soooo ... enlightening ^_^

• 1 year later...