The "Not as much love for IFO as everyone else" thread

Veracohr

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More on topic...

I don't really like IFO because the sound is very messy. It's complex but the layers aren't really arranged to work together. The tracks change around a bunch throughout but it never really go anywhere. I cannot understand the story of the tracks, they seem more like just making noise for the sake of it to me.

More on topic...

I don't really like IFO because the sound is very messy. It's complex but the layers aren't really arranged to work together. The tracks change around a bunch throughout but it never really go anywhere. I cannot understand the story of the tracks, they seem more like just making noise for the sake of it to me.

it took some time for me too, it grows on you, not for everybody off course,

I think the main problem is when IFO was released people had more time to listen to it (and this doesn't count for ifo alone)

because in that time of period there weren't that many releases so listeners give it faster a second and further try,

nowadays we have like a billion releases, so much choice,

I wonder if some listeners still have the patience that they must have for such an album to let it grow...

I'm not saying some listeners are impatient but the time period creates that if you know what I mean...

it took some time for me too, it grows on you, not for everybody off course,

I think the main problem is when IFO was released people had more time to listen to it (and this doesn't count for ifo alone)

because in that time of period there weren't that many releases so listeners give it faster a second and further try,

nowadays we have like a billion releases, so much choice,

I wonder if some listeners still have the patience that they must have for such an album to let it grow...

I'm not saying some listeners are impatient but the time period creates that if you know what I mean...

ah yes that's an interesting point of view :) That said, most goatrance from the days worked instantly on me (including IFO). Stuff that people considered "deeper" and that you needed more time for it to grow on you like (early) Juno Reactor and Koxbox I never really liked, even after many listens...

This has probably been said somewhere already as I haven't read through all the posts, but remember when it was released, what the world was like then, and what music was available in electronic music in general, let alone this specific genre. It was very unique at that time, and I'm sure good drugs had a lot to do with its effect on people as well. Listening to it now would of course give you a different perspective of it.