psyreviews

murphythecat

For a long time i was really influenced, no well guide by his reviews(www.psyreviews.com) but now his site does not work anymore!

I was wondering what happened with the site and what everyone here thought about there reviews

what everyone here thought about there reviews???

It was cool. At some point after reviewing a lot of crap, he started to write a lot of sarcastic reviews, but later he relaxed a bit.

I agree with many of his reviews, disagree with some, but that's how life is, right?

I don't know why he stopped, though. Many believe that he was bored to review so much bad music out there, but many of his latest reviews were positive and had an optimism in them.

His reviews towards the end bordered on sycophantic. I think the ultra positive reviews he made might have been a sarcastic statement against the scene he had come to hate. How many people like myself though were suckered into buying some of the crap he praised? Bastard, I'm glad he stopped but his earlier reviews should have been saved.

• 8 months later...

His reviews towards the end bordered on sycophantic. I think the ultra positive reviews he made might have been a sarcastic statement against the scene he had come to hate. How many people like myself though were suckered into buying some of the crap he praised? Bastard, I'm glad he stopped but his earlier reviews should have been saved.

the last year:

vishnudata

mood deluxe

astroshanutzer

benza

compil bliminal

compil defining moments

scorb

pushmipilyu

logic bomb

younger brother

sienis

sensient

I bough them and i like them all.

For a long time i was really influenced, no well guide by his reviews(www.psyreviews.com) but now his site does not work anymore!

I was wondering what happened with the site and what everyone here thought about there reviews

what everyone here thought about there reviews???

I don't get this... only a few days ago you put up a topic saying "Psyreviews is coming back! " and now you put this??? :blink: I think it takes more than 3 days to put a site back up to date...

This topic was originally made in August 2008 though ;)

the last year:

vishnudata

mood deluxe

astroshanutzer

benza

compil bliminal

compil defining moments

scorb

pushmipilyu

logic bomb

younger brother

sienis

sensient

I bough them and i like them all.

Good for you, maybe you have similar taste to Damion. But I bought quite a few albums that he raved about being the but was mostly disappointed. Even some of the decent ones like Scorb & Mood Deluxe were not nearly as good as he saif they were. Mood Deluxe was in his words "the start of a whole new genre of music" but was merely pretty good. Scorb was supposed to be this amazing insta-classic but was nowhere near as good as the first scorb album. Maybe I just don't have similar taste as him but it was so easy to get wrapped up in what he was saying.

Still his negative reviews were great :)

This topic was originally made in August 2008 though ;)

Good for you, maybe you have similar taste to Damion. But I bought quite a few albums that he raved about being the but was mostly disappointed. Even some of the decent ones like Scorb & Mood Deluxe were not nearly as good as he saif they were. Mood Deluxe was in his words "the start of a whole new genre of music" but was merely pretty good. Scorb was supposed to be this amazing insta-classic but was nowhere near as good as the first scorb album. Maybe I just don't have similar taste as him but it was so easy to get wrapped up in what he was saying.

Still his negative reviews were great :)

I know, even his negative review was making me whant to but the crappy albums just to laugh with damion. And yes, i must admit, mood deluxe was good, but didnt brought us a new genre, but its true that mood deluxe were the only one that did what they did. Or the thing with vishnudata, he was saying its one of the best albums he have heard in psy: Come on, it wasnt THAT good.

but hey, the new scorb is for me, one of the best albums ever made. But i know that a lot of excellent stuff he was reviewing were not that excellent, but some WAS!

That track is Great :)

Yup supoer awesome, to me it's the only good on that album though. I really like his second album alot more and that track 13,5 hours really resembles Yodyssey somehow.