Psysex - Healing

exotic

Nah! Psysex+proggy sound=FAIL

Ok it's not the typical proggy, but we're talking about Psysex here, not Ace Ventura. Different names , different styles, that's how it must be.

Psysex used to be the lords of the crazy Psytrance (and one of the fathers of pure psychotic Psy), so this style doesn't fit at all.

If this music had been released under a different name then ok. But using the Psysex name is almost the same with using Pleiadians name to release full on IMO.

Ok it's not the typical proggy, but we're talking about Psysex here, not Ace Ventura. Different names , different styles, that's how it must be.

Psysex used to be the lords of the crazy Psytrance (and one of the fathers of pure psychotic Psy), so this style doesn't fit at all.

If this music had been released under a different name then ok. But using the Psysex name is almost the same with using Pleiadians name to release full on IMO.

I always thought of Psysex in terms of funky and humour induced full on. Not really psychotic or especially deranged.

Also the comparison to Pleiadians is kinda unfair. Pleiadians album was a complete fiasco. This one is a different story IMHO and the people really dug this material in the Psysex live a few days ago in a party I've been to.

I don't understand why people care so much about a name (no matter if it's an artist name or the name of a sub-genre). I mean the music you hear is the same. No matter if the artist is named Psysex or a new project. Sure you have some expectations if you hear a name but if you are not able to judge the music from a neutral point of view because of that, it's hardly the artist's fault.

I always thought of Psysex in terms of funky and humour induced full on. Not really psychotic or especially deranged.

Also the comparison to Pleiadians is kinda unfair. Pleiadians album was a complete fiasco. This one is a different story IMHO and the people really dug this material in the Psysex live a few days ago in a party I've been to.

I myself have a bit of a problem with finding a fitting subgenre for Psysex. I really love the Expressions Of Rage album and if you name that style full-on, it somewhat fits (old-school full-on or whatever). Also the funky and humour part fits 100% imho. But Hardcore Blastoff sounds totaly different, far from what I call full-on but also not progressive or minimal. Didn't like it too much btw. but there are several compilation tracks that are also not full-on for me and I still love them.

Anyway changing their style again is not much of a problem for me. The samples sounded interesting and you saying that the live was good makes me want to get the album even more.

I don't understand why people care so much about a name (no matter if it's an artist name or the name of a sub-genre). I mean the music you hear is the same. No matter if the artist is named Psysex or a new project. Sure you have some expectations if you hear a name but if you are not able to judge the music from a neutral point of view because of that, it's hardly the artist's fault.

How do you feel if the new Astral Projection is drum n bass? Even if it is the best drim n bass album ever, wouldn't it feel strange?

I have no problem with artists take a new direction and I never said anything bad about the quality of Healing.

But when for years a name that represents a specific music changes dramatically it sounds very strange.

For me Psysex will always remind me tracks like L.S.Dance or Alien Cop, totally crazy stuff. When suddenly I hear sound that has nothing to do with it, I don't like the fact that it was released under the Psysex name, ESPECIALLY when Goblin has already a proggy side-project Ace Ventura.

It's exactly like Etnica. What was the logic of releasing a Pleiadians album that sounds exactly like the new Etnica stuff? :unsure:

Artists must evolve their music, but at least show some respect to the original ideas of your project.

How do you feel if the new Astral Projection is drum n bass? Even if it is the best drim n bass album ever, wouldn't it feel strange?

I have no problem with artists take a new direction and I never said anything bad about the quality of Healing.

But when for years a name that represents a specific music changes dramatically it sounds very strange.

For me Psysex will always remind me tracks like L.S.Dance or Alien Cop, totally crazy stuff. When suddenly I hear sound that has nothing to do with it, I don't like the fact that it was released under the Psysex name, ESPECIALLY when Goblin has already a proggy side-project Ace Ventura.

It's exactly like Etnica. What was the logic of releasing a Pleiadians album that sounds exactly like the new Etnica stuff? :unsure:

Artists must evolve their music, but at least show some respect to the original ideas of your project.

Strange? I don't know, I would be surprised for sure, no doubt about that, but I wouldn't see it as a bad thing. Besides that there is still a big difference between switching from one extreme style to another and the shifting from sub-genre to sub-genre. I mean seeing Psysex evolve from the style of Expressions Of Rage to Hardcore Blastoff it's not a surprise to me they've gone into a more progressive direction (at least judging from the samples I've heard). Imho of course. ;)

From my point of view artist musn't do anything. If you feel that a new style deserves a new project name, that's up to you since you create the music and since you are having a vision for your music. But to expect all the artists to act accordingly to your personal criteria is a bit, well sellfish maybe? At least unrealistic.

No No you got it all wrong.

Psysex were Goblin and Yoni Oshrat.

Yoni Oshrat = Ace Ventura

Goblin nowadays = Psysex

Really? Damn I really got it all wrong. :lol:

I thought that Goblin was behind both Ace Ventura and the new Psysex stuff and that Yoni had left the scene.

Sorry about that.

Really? Damn I really got it all wrong. :lol:

I thought that Goblin was behind both Ace Ventura and the new Psysex stuff and that Yoni had left the scene.

Sorry about that.

Saw him a week ago in a party. He didn't leave yet :blink:

Strange? I don't know, I would be surprised for sure, no doubt about that, but I wouldn't see it as a bad thing. Besides that there is still a big difference between switching from one extreme style to another and the shifting from sub-genre to sub-genre. I mean seeing Psysex evolve from the style of Expressions Of Rage to Hardcore Blastoff it's not a surprise to me they've gone into a more progressive direction (at least judging from the samples I've heard). Imho of course. ;)

From my point of view artist musn't do anything. If you feel that a new style deserves a new project name, that's up to you since you create the music and since you are having a vision for your music. But to expect all the artists to act accordingly to your personal criteria is a bit, well sellfish maybe? At least unrealistic.

+10 my thoughts exactly,

there is enough fresh talent and releases,

why do people expect from psy artist creating the same trance over and over for the rest of their lives...

I wouldn't, what's the fun about that ? :unsure:

+10 my thoughts exactly,

there is enough fresh talent and releases,

why do people expect from psy artist creating the same trance over and over for the rest of their lives...

I wouldn't, what's the fun about that ? :unsure:

some people always tend to see things positively, others negative, some people try to stay indifferent, some people try to look for a decent answer... but it doesn't matter, we all end up in the meat grinder anyway :meatgrinder:

meatgrinders adore positive people

some people always tend to see things positively, others negative, some people try to stay indifferent, some people try to look for a decent answer... but it doesn't matter, we all end up in the meat grinder anyway :meatgrinder:

it's what keeps life balanced true :)

exactly

Made a nice order from a Swiss online shop (thanks to one of the adds on this page) and the Psysex album is one of the itesm. Can't wait to fully hear it. Haven't been ordering something lately and I'm really looking forward to the stuff.

I got the album today and I'm halfway through it for the first time. And I'm amazed!! :wub: It's quite far from progressive imho and it has lots of the typical Psysex sound on it. Way better than Hardcore Blastoff imho!

Forget psysex. Listen to the Sine Die - Life Hack . wooot amazing full-on . im actually enjoying it and not just listening. original stuff. ;)

Forget psysex. Listen to the Sine Die - Life Hack . wooot amazing full-on . im actually enjoying it and not just listening. original stuff. ;)

The Sine Die album was in the same order as Psysex and I can't wait to hear it actually. The samples sounded damn great. But I will wait until I'm tomorrow at work, it would push me up way to much considering I have to go to bed soon. ;)