Recommend me acid!

Tessemi

When I first saw the title of this thread, I though: "I guess he wants some drugs O.o" but I quickly remembered this is a psytrance forum. hehe

As for suggestions, I don't really have any for ya. <_<

Newb question: what is 303?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well of course you can use tb-303 to make basslines too.

but when it's used to make that "high-pitched" sound, then of course it does (especially in the cosmosis case). they're a synonym.

for me, acid techno is no more "acid" than is acid goa.

acid techno is 100 times more acid then acid goa...

acid techno is the closest you can get to actual acid, then acid core...

did you download the free album I posted online in this topic ?

the main sound used over and over again is the only one true acid sound like I remember > 10 years ago...

in Belgium it was that way, hard to define international maybe ?? :unsure:

the famous song, "jezus loves the acid" ends with the same sound If I remember correctly...

download sample....

AAAAARRGHHH, aaahh, WHAT!!!!!!!

LET'S BURN THEM!

*cry*

But seriously, I'm a newb when it comes to this site (don't let my join date fool you, I've been gone for about a year)

acid techno is 100 times more acid then acid goa...

acid techno is the closest you can get to actual acid, then acid core...

nah, doesn't go that way by my book. you can think ofc whatever you want as the "true acid" sound. the other thing is that people's views differ and it's perfectly okay to give acid goa recommendations too in a topic like this.

the famous song, "jezus loves the acid" ends with the same sound If I remember correctly...

Er, I don't wanna fight over nothing, but back when Jesus Loves The Acid was released, the terminology you guys quite like using (like acid goa, acid techno, acid core, etc...) was nowhere to be found, heard and so forth.

That's like saying Phuture's Acid Trax is old school acid techno. It ain't, me reckons.

And one other interesting detail would be if I, for example, said the G.N.O.T.R. were more acid than... I dunno... A+E Dept, why and how would my personal interpretation of the acid sound, which may or may not concur with somebody else's, make me less informed about certain aspects of electronic music?

The acid sound has been manifested through so many styles and moods, and the two extremes just to point how broad is the range it encompasses would be Plastikman (relatively subtle, monotonous & laid back) to uber intense, such as Zenith's 12" on IST Records...

As for the topic, I added torrents of recommandations in a link posted somewhere around this thread.

nah, doesn't go that way by my book. you can think ofc whatever you want as the "true acid" sound. the other thing is that people's views differ and it's perfectly okay to give acid goa recommendations too in a topic like this.

off course, like I said I wasn't criticizing, just posting my point of view considering acid,

comparing it to yours,

as I thought the concept "true acid" is not international...

didn't know that, now I do :)

respect koen :)

Er, I don't wanna fight over nothing, but back when Jesus Loves The Acid was released, the terminology you guys quite like using (like acid goa, acid techno, acid core, etc...) was nowhere to be found, heard and so forth.

+1

why and how would my personal interpretation of the acid sound, which may or may not concur with somebody else's, make me less informed about certain aspects of electronic music?

who said that ?

The acid sound has been manifested through so many styles and moods,

again +1 nice said

try some TdK, or Astral Tek (Ekeaze)

those are filled with 303's

i do know some of that. have some sets by ekeaze and loved that stuff back when i was really into freetekno. but people say they go to a "acid party" even when you hear maybe 3 or 4 tracks with a 303 in one evening or even worse when they play (303-less) hardcore for the entire night.

i do know some of that. have some sets by ekeaze and loved that stuff back when i was really into freetekno. but people say they go to a "acid party" even when you hear maybe 3 or 4 tracks with a 303 or even worse when they play (303-less) hardcore for the entire night.

yeah, the hardtek / hardcore in the scene is something i mostly dislike as well

though there are plenty of dj's who mix alot of acid(core) / acidtekno in their mixes

and artists who bring livesets with a lot of 303 in

but idd, it ain't truely acid, the most u can call it would be acidtekno or acidcore

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.discogs.com/release/70200

Acid Religion - First Confession

I found this old swedish acid compilation in my room, i had almost forgot it.. listened to it a lot when i was younger it has some cool tracks :)

303 is a roland hardware synth (tb-303 -> Transistor Bassline 303)

it was first designed to emulate the sound of an electric guitar, electronically

Posted Image

if u wanna read more : http://www.synthmuseum.com/roland/roltb30301.html

It was designed to emulate a BASS that is why it is called BASSLINE hehe. :)

Anyways, good stuff with a 303 line, if not already mentioned, Bassline Baby. Also, do please check out Microwave Prince - Cyclic Evolution (for me the best psychedelic track ever made on only 303's as synths) :)

what is acid then by your definition? acid house, acid trance, acid techno, acid tekno, acidcore?

Hardfloor, 4D (Not the psy act), Acrid Abeyance (Some of it), Some of R.Hawtins stuff but far from all, Bassline Baby could be classified as Acid as he used mostly only a 303 as instrument for bassline (some might say its acid trance though), check out stuff on DJAX UP records, Acid Junkies?! Rob Acid... but for sure none of those PSY Acid acts should be classified as ACID as in ACID, Acid Psy or whatever maybe, but it just aint A C I D.

• 1 month later...

When I first saw the title of this thread, I though: "I guess he wants some drugs O.o" but I quickly remembered this is a psytrance forum. hehe

As for suggestions, I don't really have any for ya. <_<

Newb question: what is 303?

303 is a roland hardware synth (tb-303 -> Transistor Bassline 303)

it was first designed to emulate the sound of an electric guitar, electronically

Posted Image

if u wanna read more : http://www.synthmuseum.com/roland/roltb30301.html

And here's some sounds:

http://www.veracohr.com/audio/303.mp3

That's Audiorealism, a software TB-303 emulator. I just scrolled through a bunch of the preset patterns and played with the cutoff & waveform.

All i know is that i love funky, screaming 303 lines, especially in techno. So which of the recommendations on here correspond to that? :unsure:

(My recommendations from another acid related thread):

Egyptian Empire- the horn track (Pump Panel remix)

Josh Wink- don't laugh (Richie Hawtin's extended remix)

Sulfurex- point break

Plank- acid wars

DJ Misjah & Groovehead- access

Laurent Garnier- Acid eiffel

^^ Solar Quest- Acid eye full ^^

Microbots- Logic trance

System 7- Alphawave (Plastikman remix)

DJ Misjah & Groovehead- Acid energy

Parallax- Arctic wind (feel mix)

DJ Skull- Acid wiss "L"

Phuture- Acid trax

F.U.S.E.- Slac

A+E Dept- The rabbit's name was... (Kris Detonator mix)

Acrid Abeyance- Exposure track (Pascal F.E.O.S. remix)

DJ Jean Pierre vs. DJ Misjah- Temple of acid

Talking Souls- Karma 209

Overider- Timebomb

Microwave Prince- Solar eclipse

Assign- 1998.7.16 Tokyo

New Order- Confusion (Pump Panel reconstruction mix)

Joey Beltram- Fuzz

D.A.V.E. The Drummer- Jacknife

Robert Armani- Circus bells (Hardfloor remix)

Damon Wild- Bang the acid

+

Public Energy- Three o' three

Hardfloor- Lost in the silver box

Junk Project- Tongasine

Richie Hawtin- Call it what you want!

Nuclear Hyde- Pesola