1. 1. NOW, PINHEAD!!!

• chaos laboratory
    • the growly family
    • gms vs systembusters
    • gms & amigos - tri-ball university
    • no rules
    • the hitz
    • emergency broadcast system

well , i've only heard 4 out of 7 and those were the more recent so i'm wondering how the consensus is on this one..

in my humble opinion and to what i've heard so far, gms vs systembusters is the best, some tracks are really unsurpassed in terms of dutch psychedelic groovyness.

The Growly Family on T.I.P. Records all the way.

I really had sky high hopes back then, the whole gmsesque sound and style made an enormous lot of sense to me when this album was the biggest thing that struck the music scene since those green stripes on Aquafresh tooth paste, while I still consider the tracks Tentacles Of A Jelly Fish and The Growly Family to be absolute masteripeces of wicked psychedelia, loaded with torrents of mad ideas and just enough skill to flawlessly execute them.

I like Arabian Night on Mescaline and Juice. I think Juice is considered by many to be their best :wank:

The Growly Family tops my list with Chaos Laboratory running a close second. I've not been able to get into their later sound nearly as much--they have the occasional hit but GMS's anthems seem to wear thin after a few listens, perhaps due to the high concentration of samples from mainstream entertainment (The Simpsons, Star Wars, The Matrix Requiem For A Dream, and so on).

I would say Chaos Laboratory, the one I know best of the old (and only goodimo) albums. Funny how it all went down hill from there?!

and for me its definitely more than their choices of samples that bothers me :P

never liked gms that much, more the side projects where they are involved in

the first 1200 mic's is the best work I ever heard coming from then...

and for the rest, mostly remix of single tracks...

there good in remixes imo, but when it comes to creating on their own,

it's not my taste anymore...

i find that i get tired of GMS/1200Mics tracks very easily. after listening to a track a few times i don't like it anymore. that happens much quicker than with any other artist. i loved juice when i first heard it, but after listening to it about 15 times i could not stand it anymore. their remixes are quite nice and a whole lot better than their own tracks imho.