M.E.E.O. - Highlight Me Please (Demon Tea, 2008)

amphiton

I like the melodies and overall style. It reminds me a bit of Hallucinogen indeed.

It's pretty non-dynamic, amplitude wise, probably due to rough mastering, which prevents me from digging it as much as I could.

I really like parts of this album, "Ball of Gum" is fantastic!

Much of it though is very rough and annoying to my ears - I don't like jarring and scratchy and otherwise unpleasant sounds - I love weird techno type sounds don't get me wrong, but much of this album I find abrasive to listen to..

• 1 month later...

I really like parts of this album, "Ball of Gum" is fantastic!

Much of it though is very rough and annoying to my ears - I don't like jarring and scratchy and otherwise unpleasant sounds - I love weird techno type sounds don't get me wrong, but much of this album I find abrasive to listen to..

Ball of gum indeed is one of the outstanding tracks of 2008 along with Dumble my Humble!

Sounds rough and abrasive? :blink: you need to listen to this on a huge rig outdoors mate , then you'll know exactly what this album is about. not jarring and unpleasant at all :D

The composition on this album flows like an orchestra filled with all kinds of sounds , effects , frequencies and melodies. The bass and treble components are just so perfectly matched.

A true psychedelic album IMO :clapping: :drama:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...