CHI AD - Fine Goa

CyclotronMajesty

Chi AD is fine goa.

http://chi-ad.com/music/music.htm

can't wait till the next release

Realignment sounds absolutely out of this world! Great track! The other stuff didn't really catch me though...

EDIT: and btw, do you think the sample on Realignment is the same as Shpongle - Room 23?

CHI-A.D. - NEW TRACKS

TRACK-PER-TRACK REVIEW (subject to change if the songs change)

2008 (part of a new album or not, to be determined)

Dave of Chi-A.D., one of the best and most underrated artists of our time has invented a new style while I must have been asleep. It's interesting, atmospheric, and enchanting at times, mystical too which is good. It also seems slightly inspired by Juno Reactor [at times] which I don't mind because it doesn't feel ripped off like a kickass albeit unoriginal sounding track I heard on Mantrix's album in 2006. The style has alot of potential as does a coming album. It NEEDS more of that awesome celestial, work. It sounds incomplete to what it can be. Currently some tracks sound like a person before the individual becomes an angel. I'd love to see and hear more songs that sound like reflections of angels as this artist pulled off in his Goa works. Can this be achieved in a style that barely, if at all showcases new-school Goa will be very ambitious to pull off. But it can be done. The artist of Chi-A.D. is extremely talented and can do it if his heart so desires. That said I've bothered to go over each and every new individual track. I hope some of this is communicated or seen by the artist before the release of his next potential album.

Realignment showcases well the new style by producing a combination of extremely catchy elements. These include what sounds like a female soul echoing across the windy dessert (you really have to hear it to believe it). Also included that are children vocals. Both play off the other stand out sound extremely well. The song really stands. By the third or so minute I'm impressed by the atmosphere, current skipping, albeit simply melody work, and other various but less memorable sounds. The beat and bassline really compliment as give this spirit a drive forward. The problem is that by the time it ends I realize how repeticious in concept and sound the whole thing was. If this song is only 6-7 minutes long it surely felt like it. The melody work here isn't nearly as memorable in comparison to Chi-A.D.'s Goa Trance. This song has the potential to be a masterpiece. It's emotive and creative, but it capitalizes on its few parts throughout the entire song with little else added past the first several minutes to show fresh greatness and development. I feel like something big and celestial, heavely (like an extension, key/tempo, ASCENSION, bring the song up into a masterpiece) is missing from the last third or what would be an extra two minutes of this otherwise great, current opening. I feel like a big change needs to take place that REALLY puts things into Realignment, but it never comes. The artist can make this song amazing, (omg I know exactly how it would sound in my mind as I use words like "ascension" and tempo change, "going up" with combinatin to fresh, heavely melodies like a growing climactic finish to describe it) but the artist would need to realize it's not yet finished or at least create a second version, for this have a chance of seeing the light of day. I think this song has the potential to be amazing. It has few wonderful sounds that work together hand-in-hand perfectly. The problem is that all else isn't up to par with these few elements. It needs to become more than where it goes by the end. It has heavenly touches but it hasn't reached heaven as a whole, yet... God I pray he turns this song into a ethereal, devine masterpiece, heck, introduce GOA into the new style if you must!!! Do whatever you need to do to show us the spirit inside. -- JC to the artist) B+, but this thing could go higher. Much higher. If the artist adds an extra 2-3 minutes that just blows us away. Think of the concept by Cosmosis in the track "Higher Access" on 1998's Goatrance Synergy album. If the artist did that this track would be so amazing that he'd probably have to add it as the third song so the album builds up to it... or the listener would be disappointed if the album starts off with something so amazing, never to reach such excellence again.

Spectral Light is somewhat ethereal like the previous song, very relaxing. I love the melodies. The chimes, and flute like echoes. It's all very enchanting and interesting as it moves forward. There's also what seems like a subtle choir in the background as the song progresses but I can hardly tell. Such catchy details really strengthens and develops an already creative, original, and enticing piece of art. I'm not in awe per say, but I really enjoy this one. It's upbeat, uplifting, and motivating I feel. B to a B+

Apparition (Ghost mix) is pretty good. I like the concept, theme, and melody work. The whole thing has playfully fun halloween vibe with a touch of seriousness. Like "what if" this is actually not a haunted house-type thing, but the house is really haunted, the ghosts are real. I really like the theme and the melody work! It becomes more developed as it progresses. Although very different from the previous song, I actually find this more complete for what it is. It's just so different from anything Chi-A.D. has done before and it's catchy. B / (maybe B+ ... I like its creativity)

Essence of Aether is very different from the others. I really like a main melody that arrives about 1-3 minutes into the track. It's catchy! The song is fairly dark too, supported by adjacent melodies and industrial sounds. Some of those celestial or soothing, sustained notes develop its character well too. I feel like this is smart music listening. It's not anything I expected from the artist of Chi-A.D. but it's stirring, almost cinematic at times music via an orchestral touch here and there. While far from spectacular I think this song is good. It's interesting and different. More importantly it's catchy and enjoyable to me. B

TK 080c beings with windy atmosphere compiled with industial sound. I feel like I'm in a car crushing yard. Then the beat kicks in. Subtle ambient noise in the background presents an adaquete atmosphere element. So far all current elements have created a decent enough foundation but I wait into the third minute where this is all going. A altered, distorted voice says something incoherent. It's unique and played as a sound component, a melodic bit at times. Maybe this is Chi-A.D.'s version of Psytrance without Goa. In that sense it's generally atmospheric and fairly driving but the driving melodies are forgettable. The overall work feels lackluster. The song is filled with little twirl, pops, and alterations around the beat, but I've heard stuff like this before. This song doesn't stand out to me. It needs stronger melody work. One eerie ambient melody arrives towards the very end. It's good, soothing... but by then I hardly care. If there was more infectious melody/ambient and emotive work before this calm ambient moment towards the end, it would be so much more engaging. This is a rather weak song with several strong elements in search of a better song, IMHO. C+ / B-

TK 09D Mix 1 - What is up with these technical, computer-esque named tracks? I have no idea. Maybe they're concept names, not yet fully decided track titles yet. Anyway this is where the energy of the potential new album becomes more driving and dark?! Yes dark. And I like it. I actually Chi-A.D. made a really powerful melodic dark Goatrance song because the artists darker work (Pathfinder, etc) was never that melodic. This is more atmospheric. I listen patiently as a melody arrives, finally switched over by another chopped up one. It's catchy. (Then silence..) This is better music for listening/driving to than dancing but I hope this album has at least one or two killer dance songs in this style. B- / B

TK 13c2 again sounds very different from the others. It's more driving. I wouldn't be surprised if a main melody during this driving song was slightly influenced in concept by Mona LisaOver Drive by Juno Reactor. Naturally most of the work sounds so original and I could be wrong. I like this song. Give me a song that really gets my adrenaline going while not being a nothing more than a pump. This song is cleverly mixed and that sustained echoed melody returns in the last half which reminds me of a diffferent layer variation of Mono Lisa Overdrive. Maybe I'd play with the beat combo's more if I was the artist. Any potential JR influence is welcome actually, long as it doesn't sound ripped off. Overall this is a good, pumped up (to some degree) song. I feel like it's classy and more complete sounding than several of the others but with some emphasis on that driving main melody (powerful drum work, stronger supporting melody work) it can be even more powerful and stirring. B

In conclusin, this isn't Goa, not entirely. It's Trance with some GOA influence and other various forms of electronica. It's not really Psychedelic either but that's okay. I like elements to this new musical style very much. While some songs such as Realignment sound great and have potential to become amazing in my heart, and while two or three others is very catchy, several songs don't move me like the others. This is some excellent work here, concepts, and parts to pieces. But several pieces seem to be in search of more strength and development if they are to be really great or fantastic.

I love Chi-A.D. and I'm greatful that he may be releasing another main album in the near future. Is this it or part of it, time will tell. I'd love to see more tracks at the general level of "Realignment" and beyond. Something so magical and stunning that comprehension seems to be put on pause. I know that what I just said may seem unrealistic, but this artist has put me and many others in AWE so many times with magical tracks such as Exit Eternity. Everytime I listen to Exit Eternity it sounds just as magical from the day I left it.

Like anything, a style is as great as what the composer chooses to do with it.

Samples: http://chi-ad.com/music/music.htm[/size]

I dont want to sound like an asshole, but where did you get the idea that those tracks in Chi-AD's music section are all from his upcoming album, especially those first four that have been already released on MS EP?

reger? Is that you? Is that really the mr. 450 smiley posts per day regargh? Is it? It can't be... You abbandoned ship, man...

I dont want to sound like an asshole, but where did you get the idea that those tracks in Chi-AD's music section are all from his upcoming album, especially those first four that have been already released on MS EP?

Oh. I apologize. I just read something about a new album above and associated the new tracks in my mind to that "potential" uncertain new album. These tracks or some of them may or may not be part of something new. I have no idea. And I never heard the MS EP or had trouble when I tried ordering new singles off his site over a year ago. Those may or may not have been them. Anyway, I modified my post above so it doesn't seem as much like an album review as it does an individual track feedback, review.

Don't worry, you don't sound like an asshole. What does an asshole sound like anyway. :D I just got overly excited, that's all. I wouldn't have written all that initially, not realizing that maybe Realignment and few others are newer and potentially part of something bigger. In that sense I would have simply commented on the ones not on MS EP I suppose.

Hey, np, i just thought its bit odd to comment on those tracks as an album :P MS EP is great :)!

reger? Is that you? Is that really the mr. 450 smiley posts per day regargh? Is it? It can't be... You abbandoned ship, man...

your point being?

your point being?

Do I need a point? Do I need to prove a point to someone who posted over 16,000 smileys all over the place?

:lol: I had no point. But I am amazed at your recently acquired maturity. :lol:

the first four tracks are already released...and the other 3 i think they are there for ages... he had some samples from his new tracks in second life but after some time he removed them...there was a track with an awesome melody there which made me go nuts...he told me that it's going to be on the new album...i trust dave he doesn't make music for money or fame...he does it because he loves it

i trust dave he doesn't make music for money or fame...he does it because he loves it

And if he doesnt, were going to hunt him down and kill him... just kidding, or am I o_O?

I believe he will do a great job, many people surely will buy because his stuffs too good.

Do I need a point? Do I need to prove a point to someone who posted over 16,000 smileys all over the place?

:lol: I had no point. But I am amazed at your recently acquired maturity. :lol:

you never cease to surprise me with your poshness, keep it up :clapping: