Green nuns of the revolution - Ring of fire - Best full on e

Guest Dr. Krelm

Great track, but the Eat Static remix still rocks my ass the most. :)

And "Green Nunions" is such a killer. Dammit, why doesn't anybody make full on like that anymore?

cuz no one in the 'industry' thinks theres an audience for it... they wanna keep crammin more prog down your throats whether you like it or not :)

though seriously... with all the technology being used to create electronic music today, a lot of the non-psy stuff is really starting to sound quite psychedelic in a way... so i almost think one could find good full on material by probing the hard trance scene...

hard to top the nuns so a lot of ppl don't even try. i like this "acid" style with crazy sfx tho. i can even see posford being influenced by em a bit. one of ott's dub rmx sounds an aweful lot like skazey haze including the exact same sequence mid-track (but a dub cliche, so...)

first time i heard the gnotr album i didn't really like it. but then i heard atomic armadillo on a compilation, checked what track it was and since then i'm in love with them. and atomic armadillo is for sure the best track they have!

Have you checked out the new album by Matt Coldrick? If not I really think that you should. It's the most beautiful and relaxed ambient you can imgaine. The album is called Music for a busy head and it's released on absolute ambient.com

Seb

Have you checked out the new album by Matt Coldrick? If not I really think that you should. It's the most beautiful and relaxed ambient you can imgaine. The album is called Music for a busy head and it's released on absolute ambient.com

Seb

I played the "Rings of Fire" track last year in Slovakia, he he. When I played it, I thought, "Shit, maybe this wasn't the right time to play it" (it was around 00:00) because it's sooo crazy and full-on. But it got the dancefloor going for sure, he he.

akindo

Guest Kristian

Doesn't matter if it's old it still kick the shit out of most trance released nowadays!!!!!!!!!!!!

(and maybe younger lads and ladies haven't heard it yet if they were too young a few years ago when it was released)

Guest Dr. Krelm

Old schmold. It will still rock any dancefloor.

When a track causes people to leave the dancefloor because they are sick of hearing it, then and only then is it TOO old to play.

:-)

Not that I would ever want to hear a set of nothing but tunes from yesteryear at a party, but there is nothing like a DJ throwing in a stomping classic in the middle of a set. I have been known to still occasionally throw "Panic in Paradise" or "Angelic Particles" into my sets. And nobody has ever complained. :)

• 3 years later...

Green nuns of the revolution - Ring of fire - Best full on ever!

Major mayhem! Completely madness! Kick the shit out of todays´trance!

43225[/snapback]

Yeah, nice track indeed!!! But, are you guys forgetting Atomic Armadillo??!!! That's what i call full-on!! :-)

43228[/snapback]

Great track, but the Eat Static remix still rocks my ass the most. :)

And "Green Nunions" is such a killer.  Dammit, why doesn't anybody make full on like that anymore?

43229[/snapback]

I keep wondering that too.. Why no one make full on like that anymore...

43230[/snapback]

Ahhhh. Remember when Full on was meant as a good thing?

When did full on change exactly?

Technically talented, yes a lot..! Musically talented, not really.

533848[/snapback]

hahahahahahahahaha

Matt Coldrick was session and touring guitarist for R&B artist Gabrielle and Neil Cowley played keyboards with an early incarnation of the Brand New Heavies (I saw him do some really quite excellent funky blues improv with the house band in a restaurant in Cape Town in 1997)... so yes, not musically talented at all.

Not.