best tracks evargh!

frozen dream

Ok, after some searching around I've come to the conclusion there is not yet a thread like this.

It's not restricted to psytrance, not to any genre or style, just comment a bit about it and explain why you like them so much.

Also totally not restricted to one track! :)

I'll start!

Cosma - People on Hold (Non-Stop - track 06 - HOMmega productions - March 2003)

beautiful deep track, it's minimal in it's build-up but all the sounds fit so well together you can't think of anything else than space to this track, or a beautiful night under the stars, the main melody feels very floaty and it takes you off into another world

A true space dive in every aspect, totally magnificent!!!

Gotta hear it to believe it!

Then again, this is the great Cosma!

Your turn!

"Commenting about them isn't obligate actually, some tracks don't even require explanation, simply gotta hear it to believe it. Just drop 'em if you feel like it, but make sure they mean very, VERY much to you!" Posted Image

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infected Mushroom - Avratz

The first track that came to my mind was this one. I've listened to this track and have had such emotional explosions such a great track. I remember particularly one time when I felt as I was in eternal bliss kind of if I acquire this state on Mushrooms or LSD but this time I had only smoked a joint before going to bed and putting this masterpiece on.

Infected Mushroom - Avratz

The first track that came to my mind was this one. I've listened to this track and have had such emotional explosions such a great track. I remember particularly one time when I felt as I was in eternal bliss kind of if I acquire this state on Mushrooms or LSD but this time I had only smoked a joint before going to bed and putting this masterpiece on.

Hmm, yes! I'm more of Pletzturra man. :)

Cosmosis - Howling At The Moon

Long, journey-esque, melodic, acidic, highly energetic, cleverly arranged and skilfully produced.

THE definition of psychedelic trance for me.

Cosmosis - Howling At The Moon

Long, journey-esque, melodic, acidic, highly energetic, cleverly arranged and skilfully produced.

THE definition of psychedelic trance for me.

Cosmosis- Gift Of The Gods

I'd take antic's spot on description and apply it to this track. Except for the long part, the rest of antic's adjectives were clearly meant to decorate this track's absolute & divine beauty! :)

My all time favorite track. Cosmosis is not my all time favorite artist, but this track is just outta this galaxy- it knocks the competition out of the frame. A true gift of the gods.

Old as it may be, it's a sweet topic :D

I got a couple of tracks I can mention here. First I have to go with Sesto Sento - Sesto Dance. This song has a really weird and sometimes annoying start, but as a few seconds go by and the track kicks in, I cant seriously think of a more pleasant and amazing feeling than what I get from hearing this song. It just makes me smile and always makes me wanna start partying. One gets familiar with the sounds and just lets go, and enjoys an amazing trip, just close your eyes and listen. I recommend this track to everyone. :D

Next up is Pop Stream - Back To Track. This song is incredible. There is nothing but sweet sounds and tunes and the melody is unique and relaxing :) This is a rather dreamy track than psychadelic, although it would easily make any party:). I especially like this song because it really shows what the music has to offer, and what possible ways there is for making music. Whenever I hear it I just start the visions :P

It changes every week

Try to post only the ones that really stick, as in STICK.

Like after many, many (many, many) years you still think it's one of the best evARGH!

next one:

Yahel & I-Zen - Waves of Sound (Edit) (Full On vol. 4 - track 3 - February 2000)

now THIS song is something special, so gentle and mysterious in builds up, so elegant in composition and melody. The screechy sound effects feel as if they are legendary birds communicating with you from a parallel universe. Some climaxes come quite unexpected and the established formula of nowadays full-on is far from present. (thank god :P) The whole structure of the song is far out of the conventional and the melodies are so intricate they can easily make me cry or lift me up if I truly let them sink in to the core. Never has a song been so beautiful and true to some kind of unearthy, mystic inspiration. Like a mythic tale being told across time.

To me this must be truly THE track of my life. It fits any meaningful mood and renders anything else to waste within the first listening minute.

All of this could as well be applied to The Messenger, but this track just gets it by 2 square inches. :P

If anybody knows anything similar to this (The Messenger - Acid Killer - Waves of Sound(Edit)) please state it heeere!!! :o:huh:

Cosmosis- Gift Of The Gods

I'd take antic's spot on description and apply it to this track. Except for the long part, the rest of antic's adjectives were clearly meant to decorate this track's absolute & divine beauty! :)

My all time favorite track. Cosmosis is not my all time favorite artist, but this track is just outta this galaxy- it knocks the competition out of the frame. A true gift of the gods.

Cosmosis - The Cave of Medusa

i'm not into cosmosis too much, though this track gives me goosebumps everytime i listen. o bliss!

My all time fave is Hallucinogen - The Herb Garden

One.. particular night this one gave me the *single, most awesome musical experience of my entire life*

And after that it's always been the wildest track I've ever heard. Maybe not in the same way, but there's always the chance to experience that again.

I even listen to it in moderation to always keep it fresh.. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

+1 and please remove that annoying banner in your signature stryder...

it's nice don't get me wrong,

but lowers down the scrolling every thread you post in...

thanx in advance

on topic :) ,

I only listen to progressive these days so mine would be @ the moment

antix -hiding place phony orphants remix

Trance

Genetic - Trancemission

Fantastic atmosphere that I still find dreamy 12 years on. I'm still blown away by the melody to this day

Phreaky - Over the Moon

Amazing energy & change of pace at the end!

Jaia - Mai Mai

How many times have I heard this & I still love it so much. The whole feel, so melodius with nice clean enrgy.

Chill

Vibrasphere - San Pedro

The melodies at the end blow me away each time without fail

Solar Fields - Air Song (8am Version)

The original is fantastic but this version is even better. Always manages to make me feel like I'm walking home from a night out in the early morning. Even in the evening it gives me an early morning feel.

The Infinity Project - The Answer

Amazing space ambient. Takes me on a trip through the solar system each time! I feel like I'm drifting for centuries through interplanetary space.

Other

Bob Dylan - Mr Tambourine Man

Amazing song all round, the lyrics are so trippy.

Van Morrison - Brown Eyed Girl

Nostalgic for me. My Dad used to play it on his guitar & sing.

Bob Marley - I'm hurting Inside

Such a master, my fav track of his

What kind of psy is Cosmosis? If it indeed is psytrance :)

When did you discover psytrance?

Because obviously you wouldn't ask such questions should you known the scene better... He's been producing trance music since 1995 and released at least two albums considered classic - Cosmology in 1996 (goa) and Synergy in 1998 (psytrance). On his next 4 albums he experimented with different sounds - on Intergalactic from 2000 he did his interpretation of progressive / minimal trance, 2002's Contact saw him trying a conceptual theme of human evolution, while the last two (Trancendance from 2007 & Psychedelica Melodica) were both directed towards the dance-floor and full-on crowd, though in my opinion they're still head and shoulders above generic Isreali stuff and the compromise between 'intelligent' and 'for the masses' is spot on.

Sorry for the rant, but I couldn't leave a comment like that unanswered ;):D