03. 9:26 ChRonos Sonic Drops

04. 7:13 CPU Demolition

05. 9:58 Psilocybe Project Experience The Challenge

06. 6:21 Digicult Every Single Second

07. 7:07 Mojo Beat Beasts

08. 7:18 Audiotec Acid Machines

09. 7:03 Anill Jennifer 8

10. 7:10 Strange Planet Lifeforms

Ok, so it's been awhile since I reviewed a CD, so since I had a half day at work (thank you very much rep who brought Chick-Fil-A for lunch), I thought I would dive headlong into this one. I haven't heard of this label, but I have seen their releases in the shops. They looked a little too dark for my tastes, but the track list here seems right up my alley. The cover art is colorful, with an image of an android who has a sun as a power source readily visible in his torso. He is also shooting triangles out of his hands. I wish I could do that. Geometry proofs? No problem? Need a perfect pizza cutter? I'm on it. So, faster than you can say, "what is a chicken nugget really"...let's get to it!

Menog vs. CPU vs. Bliss Concept of Time- "As we shall see, the concept of time has no meaning before the beginning of the universe." Now I will tell you, I love any track with Menog and CPU involved (although I was disappointed in Sammy's last effort), but throw Bliss in there and you've got my attention. This one sounds very futuristic with a modern computer feel. Sammy's signature acid makes its presence felt. The main melody is a little simple but the sample is interesting. The end melody is groove intensive, but I felt there were too many build-ups without the smash you over the head climax (he-he, I said climax). A decent start, but with these names I was expecting to burn out the repeat on my computer and that didn't happen.

Itp vs. U-recken Northern Lights- A lot of people have been raving about their album Lose Your Illusion, but not me. No way. I haven't heard it. ;) U-Recken is Yaniv Ben-Ari and I haven't heard his album Aquatic Serenade either. What the hell have I been doing? Well, this Johnny come lately will give this some good old fashioned scrutiny. This one has a driving bass line and cool bass sounds with wispy synths assaulting my ears from all around. This track is also quite groovy with a nice middle-eastern melody. Good track! :posford:

ChRonos Sonic Drops- Nikita Klimenko from Russia brings us...wait. It's not him? But his name is Chro...Are you sure? Whatever. This is a group from Mexico whose names I would've typed but their names are too long. Go to discogs if you want to read it you lazy bastard. Bouncy trance here with little to no variation for the first 5 minutes. The break at that time is smooth however and makes me feel relaxed. There is a famous drug sample that we have all heard (I still like it though) and the last part of the track is uplifting. Like something Paul Van Dyk would spin. Meh. Average track.

CPU Demolition- Ok, so I am hoping Samy rolls over the competition here. The staccato synth runs are pretty cool and I feel the track starting to build. What I didn't like was the real bass sound and the eternal build up. Arrggh! I cannot get into the flow of the track if you keep messing with me! The end is not really any better. Samy if you're reading this (and you must be very bored) please go back to the sound of your previous 2 albums. That was some absolute insanity! I miss it! :(

Psilocybe Project Experience The Challenge- I have no idea who the hell this is. I do know that the bass line is that galloping style that annoys me. Do I have to endure almost 10 minutes of this? Ugh. And it just keeps going like this. Will someone please take away their software? You can have it back when you read the manual. The end is a little better but still plebeian (look it up) and cliche full-on. Next. :wank:

Digicult Every Single Second- Please guys save this compilation. I'm begging you. Your album Avenida De Belgica was righteous and your compilation work has been outstanding. The samples are well placed and the synths bounce along. I like that there is no rest for your ears; as soon as one sound begins to leave, another starts to fill the gap. Very good track! :clapping:

Mojo Beat Beasts- "I came here to do something and damnit I'm gonna do it." This newcomer had a track on the compilation Spring Break which I haven't heard. I know the album cover was lame though. This one starts with a woman singing a short ditty and right into a galloping bass line. We also have a guitar plug in. The break at 4�45� is nice and calm as we go into a short synth run. This track is too stop and start without anything interesting going on. Pass.

Audiotec Acid Machines- Wow, I haven't heard from him since that freakishly weird cover on his 2nd album. Creepy. Clowns are supposed to be funny. Or evil serial killers. This is also bouncy full-on with good synth work. The break is mellow, soothing. Once we get back to the beat, we have average club-trance. Super duper fluffy. Nothing to see here, keep it moving folks.

Anill Jennifer 8- We have a Greek who is now in the US of A! His name is Alexander Georgiadis. The bpm on this one is slower, more in the progressive range. The rhythm is good and my toe is tapping. When the synths arrive there is a funky goa flavor afoot! The break has some distorted long ago strings with the beat rising from the depths. With the second break, I felt the sounds could be more numerous, but that is kind of nitpicky. The beat hammers back right to the end of the track. If this is Jennifer 8, I would like to hear the previous 7 iterations! Good stuff! :posford:

Strange Planet Lifeforms- Luke had a track on the Cloudcatcher VA I plan to get. This is also a slower track, flirting with progressive elements. The melody is good and catchy. The bass line plods along, amidst well placed samples and very good synth sounds. This was a very well structured track. Very enjoyable! :clapping:

Summary: Maybe I'm just in a bad mood. Maybe I'm not getting enough nookie. If it is the latter, I'll take care of it. But maybe, this compilation is crappy. I don't mean to disrespect anyone; God knows everyone here has talent. I don't even make music so I have to envy all of you. However, most of the tracks here seem sub-par to me. It's like they just decided to throw a bunch of stuff together to meet a deadline. You can't tell me that with CPU's history of making mind altering music, he can look at his track and say, "Damn, this is gonna kick ass!" You can't tell me that. I was looking forward to this compilation and now feel like that pig-tailed little girl in sixth grade I used to have a crush on kicked me in the nuts and took my lunch money. And for good measure she said, "By the way, me and your best friend are going to second base." Several tracks on the compilation saved this from being a total disaster I suppose. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to watch some Dr. Phil. 6/10.

Favorites: 10, 6, 9, 2.

Mdk

yes some of these artists should ask themselves what it is exactly that they are doing in the studio. it can be no creative process if you ask me.

and trance2moveu, i appreciate the work you put in your reviews, maybe if you crosspost them at isratrance you can get more feedback. :)

Strydr are you trying to give us epilepsy with that sig? ;)

Thanks for the advice Frisbee. But as I have stated, I am a lazy man. I'm not really looking for responses just throwing my opinion out there. If people want to respond and discuss, I'm happy to do so. I post here because I find this board more for the discerning psytrancer. Isra, while sometimes a nice read, is a little bit of a free for all. I enjoy writing reviews and it gives me a chance to actually spend time listening to music.

Besides, reading all the crap I write would give you a headache against that blue background!

Mdk

Very good compilation, and as a matter of fact "Psilocybe Project – Experience The Challenge" is undoubtedly the best track here :)

While I disagree, I am willing to give it another couple of go arounds. I found the track without direction, uninteresting, and nothing for me to key on. :(

Mdk

While I disagree, I am willing to give it another couple of go arounds. I found the track without direction, uninteresting, and nothing for me to key on. :(

Mdk

Didn't catch me either

But Strange planet - lifeforms is a Very nice track

track 2 has some shiney moments to, worth listening to:)

• 3 weeks later...