New Juno Reactor album in summer

Labyrinth was Film Trance. Overproduced, undercomposed full-on tracks with lots of ethnic drumming (only good thing about it), "world" elements and vocals. All of it came across as being bombastic, overly pretentious... and completely totally unmemorable.

So yes, lets hope this is nothing like that. (Bible Of Dreams is much, much superior - especially Jardin de Cecile)

That's right; they are supposed to release a new album this summer. Can't wait to hear it.

Very cool news. It had been so many years since JR's last album before Labyrinth that I assumed another would take another four years. After writing this I realized that it's already been three. Time seems to go by so much faster as I get older. :unsure:

Labyrinth was Film Trance. Overproduced, undercomposed full-on tracks with lots of ethnic drumming (only good thing about it), "world" elements and vocals. All of it came across as being bombastic, overly pretentious... and completely totally unmemorable.

I see what you're saying. There were times, tracks on Labyrinth felt more "cinematic soundtrack" rather than classic Juno Reactor. Also, two songs were taken from the Matrix sequels soundtracks and I think some people were reminded of the movies because of this. I generally don't care to be reminded of a movie while hearing a new album by a main artist, but I really enjoyed MONO LISA OVERDRIVE and NEVRAS on Labyrinth. Some other tracks as well are great. The tribal influencs, echnic, world vocals and elements were top-notch. Labyrinth is such a mature album and it isn't anywhere near as movie-sounding as their work on the actual Matrix sequel soundtracks. For that I'm greatful. Labyrinth wasn't and didn't feel like a "score music by motion picture" per say. This is why they cut out that Don Davis intro via Mono Lisa Drive and touched it up, made it more tech-trance while adding a newer, (lose the "score" intro) version to Labyrinth. Nonetheless, smart choices like that could not entirely block Labyrinth from having some "EPIC-MOVIE" feel, energy at times.

Labyrinth was grand. If the new album is a continuation of this Bible of Dreams / Shango integration (maybe with a new twist) I say bring it on...

Juno Reactor is one of my favorite groups of all time. I'd love to see albums less infrequently, long as they continue their legacy of greatness. BADASS. These artists remind me of angels, yes angels... in the body of human beings, each hold such powerful elements of darkness and light. Sometimes their sound produced is on a whole new level as if their ideas are channeled from a more aware source.

OMG after seeing that link above, their music is powerful. I love that. You feel it. It's really something... I want to hear more powerful songs on their next album. I hope they continue to develop that deep, climactic energy buildup tribal/trance-fusion that has been so great and engaging over the years. I hope for some real super-songs full of character and energy.

Did you hear Hotaka (I think)?

Not very enticing, if that's the general direction of the album...

Yes. Relative to the Hotaka (radio edit), it reminds me of a gentle, less effective, weaker version of track 2 on Labyrinth. I've heard stuff like this before by them and done better. It's not bad though. It's just nothing great.

regarding juno's cinematic feeling.. has anyone else noticed the bladerunner influences?

after watching their live at glade last year it really became apparent juno loves bladerunner, or to put it better they are sort of reproducing the unique atmosphere of bladerunner in their own way..

if the music alone is not enough to "believe" me watch the dancers. their dress, make-up, etc...

in topic, really looking forward to this one. as is the custom these days there are no expectations. wait and see...

I've liked monna lisa and navras.

Actually I discovered that there was a thing called goa

thanks to the matrix ost :wacko: ....

I'd prefer the new work to be oriented towards labyrinth

than to something like pistolero ...

maybe they'll remix navras adding electric guitars and

hip hop vocals :P

So yes, lets hope this is nothing like that. (Bible Of Dreams is much, much superior - especially Jardin de Cecile)

Totally agree. I've got the lowest possible expectations for the new one, which honestly might help it a little.

Ben Watkins produced by himself Brave Story soundtrack and I have it... it is not bad, but has lots of irish influences which I am not that fond of, but the rest is pretty good... now that is true cinematic experience, haven't seen the film yet though... But I also expect nothing short of good from them, he is proving album after album that he still hasn't lost it, so I hope it will stay that way. :rolleyes::unsure:

Many JR fans here, cool. I can understand why some think Labyrinth was overblown and pompous; I think it's close to the borderline between epic & pompous, a bit too close at times. Anyway JR have been one of the few underground trance groups with vision and not following rigid trends.

Oh and they are working on a live DVD too; it's already been filmed in Japan. Kind of odd, because they released one a few years ago and that was filmed in Japan too:

http://www.discogs.com/release/481244

Maybe they just need some cash? :shrug:

Maybe they just need some cash? :shrug:

Or maybe it's just to satisfy a high demand from J.R. fans... <_<

Can't wait for the DVD :lol:

About the "forthcoming" album, i would'nt be that optimistic.

I don't know where the information come from, but there's nothing about that reported in Reactorleak.

There will be a new album for sure, but not this summer, i'd say end of year/early 2008 in better cases ;)

Whatever... Labyrinth is true art. It seems we must disagree yet again.

regarding juno's cinematic feeling.. has anyone else noticed the bladerunner influences?

after watching their live at glade last year it really became apparent juno loves bladerunner, or to put it better they are sort of reproducing the unique atmosphere of bladerunner in their own way..

if the music alone is not enough to "believe" me watch the dancers. their dress, make-up, etc...

in topic, really looking forward to this one. as is the custom these days there are no expectations. wait and see...

Yes, totally... it's why I threw a Juno Reactor tune into my Blade Runner tribute mix :)

This is great news!

Juno's latest album is Brave Story OST btw.. ochestral stuff ;)

So it's basically a movie soundtrack album, not a main JR album. :(

I'm not jumping with joy. And according to this the film did or was supposed to come out in 2006 so who knows for certain when it will arrive.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809724148/info

So it's basically a movie soundtrack album, not a main JR album. :(

I'm not jumping with joy. And according to this the film did or was supposed to come out in 2006 so who knows for certain when it will arrive.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809724148/info

It did come out and has even been released on DVD (which I have). But being that it is a Japanese film probably your only chance of getting it overseas is via import.

About the "forthcoming" album, i would'nt be that optimistic.

I don't know where the information come from, but there's nothing about that reported in Reactorleak.

There will be a new album for sure, but not this summer, i'd say end of year/early 2008 in better cases ;)

It was in the promo info of a JR gig in Finland in June:

http://www.elixiria.fi/forum/viewtopic.php...d1367d7e4b693ab

They must've got it from JR or a source close to them.

It did come out and has even been released on DVD (which I have). But being that it is a Japanese film probably your only chance of getting it overseas is via import.

Oh. Okay. Because the soundtrack often releases at the same time the movie comes out or right before. Being it hasn't come out yet... or it will this summer according to the first post on this thread.

That's right; they are supposed to release a new album this summer. Can't wait to hear it. Here's hoping it's at least as good as their last three albums. :-)

So this is all very uncertain to me. Is this poster referring to a new JR album (like Labyrinth) or a JR-composed soundtrack when mentioning "new album this summer" (?)

Oh. Okay. Because the soundtrack often releases at the same time the movie comes out or right before. Being it hasn't come out yet... or it will this summer according to the first post on this thread.

So this is all very uncertain to me. Is this poster referring to a new JR album (like Labyrinth) or a JR-composed soundtrack when mentioning "new album this summer" (?)

I don't know for sure. I just took the info from the elixiria.fi link above. I suppose it's a "real" album because announcing a soundtrack album without mentioning it's a soundtrack album (that's been released in Japan a while ago) is a bit daft.