Unofficial Filteria Remixes & Unreleaseds Album

Think I.F.O. - F.O.L.

Family Of Light is more minimal, less layered, a LOT less memorable due to the distinct lack of melodies. Not a good example, Jannis. :(

To be fair - nowhere near as big as the difference between Classical Mushroom and the dire (for similar reasons as above) B.P. Empire!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Family Of Light is more minimal, less layered, a LOT less memorable due to the distinct lack of melodies. Not a good example, Jannis. :(

It's not the amount of layers but the quality. Most of the tracks on FOL are great, memorable tracks, not your standard derivative goa. IMO an artist has a duty and right to evolve. Just don't exercise that in the way IM has done. :ph34r:

I think you guys took it to literally when i said think IFO - F.O.L. All i wanted to show was a form of evolution. Maybe i should just shut up. The tracks will be out in a year or so. You can judje for yourselfs. Untill then, hope you enjoy this release :)

No worries: It wont be full-on

wots wrong with full on as long its not pure commercial / chessey greesy stuff it maybe a great stuff thou

overmelodic is the way Astral Projection goes , they want it melodic and it comes more pop soundin way

both definitios of full on and melodic does not have to be plain and simple cheesy greesy it maybe strong and powerful and harmonized

go Ellada go

FOL > IFO

I like KOB much more than Filteria. Goodie!

FOL > IFO for me too. A lot better. Not heard KOB but your recommendations haven't sent me wrong yet :)

Get new ears. Now.

Yes you should :lol:

You're both totally wrong. But then I'm slowly coming to realise that 90% of the population of this board are minimal-neo-full-on freaks that can't deal with proper melodies when they hear them.

Yes Shiva, you are our lord the saviour. Enlighten us. Illuminate us with your cerebral, ever lasting olympic flame, you diligent music lover and composer. This whole web site has been in a dead end street, and now I finally realized why. We're all a bunch of little, pimple faced, immature, suburban, Skazi loving kids who were waiting for a Messiah to lead us to the light. Thank you Chis.

Serious now, boy. Go fetch yourself a new pair of ears. I heard they have 'em over at Toys 'R Us for half price, so you can get a spare pair as well. While you're at it, get yourself one of those "Fisher Price- my first synthesizer" items and compose some proper melodies for us!

Yes Shiva, you are our lord the saviour. Enlighten us. Illuminate us with your cerebral, ever lasting olympic flame, you diligent music lover and composer. This whole web site has been in a dead end street, and now I finally realized why. We're all a bunch of little, pimple faced, immature, suburban, Skazi loving kids who were waiting for a Messiah to lead us to the light. Thank you Chis.

Serious now, boy. Go fetch yourself a new pair of ears. I heard they have 'em over at Toys 'R Us for half price, so you can get a spare pair as well. While you're at it, get yourself one of those "Fisher Price- my first synthesizer" items and compose some proper melodies for us!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

good one :D!

You're both totally wrong. But then I'm slowly coming to realise that 90% of the population of this board are minimal-neo-full-on freaks that can't deal with proper melodies when they hear them.

Hey CHIld! Ever heard of taste?

Just because you like it doesn't mean everyone else has to. Get new ears my arse! Why don't you get a new brain? And learn to deal with different opinions in a different way!

Corrected that for you. :P

We don't like Derango any more than you have no idea of what melodies are in the first place. Be they proper or ultra cheesy.

And the next time before you decide to share your precious ideas with us, count to ten before typing. "Family of Light" is not as melodic as "I.F.O." because it wasn't intended to be. What does this have to do with Filteria/K.O.B., my guess is as good as any...

What fascinates me here is that you chose to bash an artist for trying out new things and expanding his horizons... You also critized with no arguments whatsoever one of the greatest trance projects of all times because they refused to release two albums sounding exactly the same!!! You really should neglect new ears, and fetch yourself a brain, dude.

Come on rino, are you really that frustrated to repeat the same thing to the guy when he already read your first message ? I think you made your point and it is really nasty to repeat to Chis that he has to get new brain twice... get over it... he never mentioned that he wants to hear the same music, you should reconsider your own brain if you can preach to someone about anything logical. I have already seen your sarcasm in many posts and it is bad, at least choose your words. :ph34r:

It's been a while since the last good bashing party here on psynews. DON'T STOP IT NOW :ph34r:

Damn, I need to dust of F.O.L. and form a 2nd opinion.

I want in on the bashing :angry: !

I didn't intend to start a bashing party, Skel. But it seems clear that there are a few too many people here that like to bash me (and others) for expressing an opinion, then have the audacity to claim that I'm saying to others that they cannot have one. Which I never did. Honest.

Still, if you have one on F.O.L., post away (perhaps in the reviews forum, though - we're seriously off-topic here :P ).

Edit: Thanks Seraph. Maybe it's my writing style, but I wasn't trying to be offensive. :huh:

Come on rino, are you really that frustrated to repeat the same thing to the guy when he already read your first message ? I think you made your point and it is really nasty to repeat to Chis that he has to get new brain twice... get over it... he never mentioned that he wants to hear the same music, you should reconsider your own brain if you can preach to someone about anything logical. I have already seen your sarcasm in many posts and it is bad, at least choose your words. :ph34r:

teacher :blink: ?

:D

Naw, man, I wasn't frustrated at all, I was just waiting for my chicken wings to fry properly. I was bored.

Reconsider my brain? Quit my sarcasm? Choose my words? No. No. No. Nevargh, I am evil, ignorant, arrogant, and I thoroughly enjoy igniting feuds with people who dislike "Family of Light", even if it means repeating myself every five posts... :P

I didn't intend to start a bashing party, Skel. But it seems clear that there are a few too many people here that like to bash me (and others) for expressing an opinion, then have the audacity to claim that I'm saying to others that they cannot have one. Which I never did. Honest.

Still, if you have one on F.O.L., post away (perhaps in the reviews forum, though - we're seriously off-topic here :P ).

Edit: Thanks Seraph. Maybe it's my writing style, but I wasn't trying to be offensive. :huh:

Yeah Sorry, I was just bullshitting too. I didn't even really notice if there was a real fight. I was booooored. Too it seems.

But yeah, one day I will form an opinion on FOL and put it in the proper thread. For now I'm too busy trying to form an opinion on some german minimal prog.

Now we're really off topic :unsure:

I live in FLACistan, I know nothing about AAC or whatevargh :P

flacistan ? u mean froggystan or fraggystan ? r u flac /frag /flag ? make a smile , just jokin

aac is an alternative media format wich uses compression but in other way then mp3 or wma so it makes very good results and much better quality as well

http://www.ebu.ch/en/technical/trev/trev_305-moser.pdf