&*%~€?!

lumpi

Today I was searching through my collection to sort out the ones I never really got into. So I took one and wanted to give it another listen, opened the digi and... couldn't believe my eyes... wtf, it was torn in half... all by itself, it was peacefully lying in a box for three years, I didn't even touch it.

Posted Image

Have you ever experienced some similar shit?

Hell no!

Shit like that doesn't just happen without a reason.

The only time I found a CD broken like that it turned out my idiot mate had done it & tried to hide it!

Who else has had access to your music? Any idiots?

Yes, I have experienced something similar. I have this one CD that has come in metal case. I don't know if it was not bendable enough but after some weeks the CD had a split and finally broke in half. A friend of mine had the exact same problem with the same CD, maybe the metal was to hard or something. We both got a replacement from the CD shop.

Today I was searching through my collection to sort out the ones I never really got into. So I took one and wanted to give it another listen, opened the digi and... couldn't believe my eyes... wtf, it was torn in half... all by itself, it was peacefully lying in a box for three years, I didn't even touch it.

Posted Image

Have ever experienced some similar shit?

No shit!

I had EXACTLY THE SAME with EXACTLY THE SAME CD!!!!

It's the only time it happened to me...

I mailed the label then to complain and they said there was a problem with the size of their boxes and the cd was squeezed because of that... maybe you can try it as well?

WTF :blink:

A CD breaking by itself? I never thought anything like that is possible at all...

Shit, if this would happen to any of my Ultimaes ... god no, I don't even wanna think about it...

Thanks, guys ... another thing to for me worry when going to sleep besides the outbreaks of fires, burglars, gas explosions, heart attacks...

It happened to one of my Tsunami Benefit Cds - Dunno if it was dropped or what happened, but the Cds are not well placed inside the cover, so one could have fallen out.

Just bad manufacturing somehow.

Life sucks.

- Krell

Hell no!

Shit like that doesn't just happen without a reason.

Actually, that was my conviction exactly... now I know better :P

I had EXACTLY THE SAME with EXACTLY THE SAME CD!!!!

It's the only time it happened to me...

I mailed the label then to complain and they said there was a problem with the size of their boxes and the cd was squeezed because of that... maybe you can try it as well?

So did you get a replacement Anoebis?

I'm surprised that there're relatively lot of people who had the same issue, I never would've guessed. I pray to God that this won't ever happen to my precious ones, what a disaster it would be. First I suspected my mother to have broken it, she once threw some CDs of mine in the garbage can when I was 14 because they had some skulls & stuff like that on the cover. Haha, how sick is that? But somehow I refused to believe it was her, she wouldn't do such things anymore. :lol:

yes it happened to my best of juno reactor: odyssey cd.

i was trying to play at a party and put it in the player and didn't play. i was blaming it on Denon, having always used pioneer. but later saw it was the cd that was only half i put in.

but it didn't happen by itself likelumpi's, it was broken on transporation and luggages.

heh heh

I've had it happen to a cd I received from overseas, I believe it was Pole - 3. Broken almost mathematically in halves. But it might have been because the disc was not inside a case but a cardboard sleeve thingy. Still... but the guy was nice enough to split the costs, which was fair enough for me.