the use of stupid voicesamples in "new" tracks

radi6404

So Radi, will you put in stupid voice samples in your tracks like hallucinogen does?

642030[/snapback]

hallucinogen doesn´t put stupid voicesamples in his tracks, i also don´t do taht, i never said hallucinogen and posford in general puts stupid voicesamples in his tracks, you have missread something. Simon use and used always good voicesamples, i was talking about other fullon artists

hallucinogen doesn´t put stupid voicesamples in his tracks, i also don´t do taht, i never said hallucinogen and posford in general puts stupid voicesamples in his tracks, you have missread something. Simon use and used always good voicesamples, i was talking about other fullon artists

642046[/snapback]

the way I feel I dont thing I'm goin to go to sleep for years, I'm on fucking fire

There's an area of the mind.....

I'm going on experience not reading your words here

the way I feel I dont thing I'm goin to go to sleep for years, I'm on fucking fire

642049[/snapback]

WTF is going on with you? This isn´t a stupid sample, i like the sample on Shamanix a lot. What do you mean with going on experience not reading my words anymore?

I tried saying the same 50 posts back :D

642079[/snapback]

Ofcourse you can use what host you like and it doesn´t matter as far as you don´t use the intermal plguins much, in cubase the intermal plugins aren´t that bad but in FL Studio the intermal plugins are far from good, especially the crappy sounding synths, i know so many people which say the same about the FL Studio synths, the plugins are useable but the synths don´t sound like real hardware and they don´t sound analog AT ALL. It´s up to everyone if he use this plugins but IMO they don´t sound like analog synths at all and they don´t sound like hardware synths at all, too, they just sound like cheap software synths and i can´t imagine anyone who can do good music just with the intermal fruityloops synths.

Do i really have allready learned English that well that you think i am an English, and even better, Simon Godford?

642087[/snapback]

:lol: You almost tricked there buddy. Stop spamming internet forums and finish the Hallucinogen live album that you promised me for ages.

:lol: You almost tricked there buddy. Stop spamming internet forums and finish the Hallucinogen live album that you promised me for ages.

642089[/snapback]

The third hallucinogen album is still a secret, it will be very psychedelic and sound like classic hallucinogen from the past with great up to date techniquies

The third hallucinogen album is still a secret, it will be very psychedelic and sound like classic hallucinogen from the past with great up to date techniquies

642093[/snapback]

I hope it doesn't have those stupid voice samples that you hear in a lot of new tracks

WTF is going on with you? This isn´t a stupid sample, i like the sample on Shamanix a lot. What do you mean with going on experience not reading my words anymore?

642069[/snapback]

This is taste Radi. Remember that people have different taste. The world would be a very boring place if everyone liked the same things. Some people I'm sure like voice samples in new tracks. All I'm saying is that Hallucinogen used voice samples in Twisted & the Lone Deranger! If they are stupid or not is a matter of taste but it's the same thing!

Ban Hypocrisy!

642049[/snapback]

Oh, come on abasio, especially the "There's an area of the mind, called unsane, beyond sanity, yet not insane' is a great one... ;) "

I think both this and the 'I'm on fuckin' fire' one are taken from the movie ALTERED STATES.

Oh, come on abasio, especially the "There's an area of the mind, called unsane, beyond sanity, yet not insane' is a great one... ;) "

I think both this and the 'I'm on fuckin' fire' one are taken from the movie ALTERED STATES.

642623[/snapback]

I actually quite like the second one although quite cheesy & the 1st one was great the first time I heard it but it got a bit old & tired. Too long :(

how about the first minutes of Shpongle - DMT .. theres nothing but a sample from a famous sample cd.. even the drums are in the same sample? or the intro of around the world in tea daze is sample from famous guitarist paco de lucia

642925[/snapback]

I don't mind things that are famous but it's when I've heard it all before that it can get a bit annoying. I'd never heard either of those samples before & I don't listen to shpongle non stop so I still don't mind them.

how about the first minutes of Shpongle - DMT .. theres nothing but a sample from a famous sample cd.. even the drums are in the same sample? or the intro of around the world in tea daze is sample from famous guitarist paco de lucia

642925[/snapback]

Towelie - thanks for proving Radi's point! If I understand correctly, his original issue was with the use of vocal samples in FL's factory sound bank. I think it was the fact that he was already familiar with them from his own use of the program that made the tracks sound shallow and uninspired to him. You as (presumably?) someone who enjoys Shpongle's music and who knows something about the production processes of electronic music obviously felt at least some small measure of disappointment when you found out that Simon bought the first few minutes of one of the - if not the - most famous Shpongle tracks off the shelf; is that not precisely what Radi was expressing?

Personally, something small (and not really particularly important) died in me when Ott told me about the sample at the beginning of DMT; I think that and hearing Ott describe how Simon performed that unforgettable introduction to LSD using two notes on a Kurtzwiel K2000 preset patch were the main things that reduced his status in my eyes to that of a mere mortal.

But then, the thinking goes, that sample CD was designed and sold specifically so that people could use those samples in their music, and it's the music that matters, after all, and full respect to the guy, he has composed and produced some of the best tracks the genre has to offer IMO - and he knows how to twist a vocal sample like no-one else on earth - so who am I to complain about where he finds his inspiration? It's not even stealing!

It also seems to me that too many people here are ready to jump down Radi's throat as soon as he opens his mouth, even if it is in jest, so fair play to him for sticking with it and taking it in such good humour.

Oh, and Simon - if that is you:

http://www.theelephantlist.com

...and yes, I know, that's not the free one :P