Best of............. 1976

Bahamut

1976:

Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene

Vangelis - Albedo 0.39

Klaus Schulze - Moondawn

Ash Ra Tempel - New Age of Earth

Tangerine Dream - Stratosfear

All superb albums. =) Only Kraftwerk is missing.

I don't like them because they are considered as classics, I wasn't even born then, I like them because I honestly like the music very much.

I can't imagine any list of electronic music anno 2006 is going to beat this..... according to my personal taste and way of rating music.

Sometimes when I listen to the 1970s classics again (yes, I'm a fan), I think electronic music has devolved, one way or another...

(you may try to prove me wrong, but it will be pointless :P)

622776[/snapback]

a classic indeed :)

although I liked some of his later stuff better ... but anyway

there's something about the sounds and the spontanious nature of the music... it's more alive than a lot of today's electronic music... maybe because it doesn't sound so perfect because of the analog hardware and old recording techniques

also they are great musicians who are good in a technical way and also good with composition/melody...they really used their synthesizers as instruments

of course I like a lot of modern electronic music as well

but it seems something from that golden period is lost...and will never return again

623626[/snapback]

which ones?

622776[/snapback]

a classic indeed :)

623626[/snapback]

me too, my favorite Jarre albums are Les Chants Magnétiques (Magnetic Fields) and then Equinoxe and then comes Oxygen.

But ehh I also had a tape with Magnetic Fields on with me to kindergarten so its the one I have heard the most and was sort of breastfed with it, but still a true masterpiece IMHO!

But I have'nt heard the other releases you mention, and none at all from Ash Ra Tempel and Tangerine Dream might be worth cheking out ;)

you should :) but I only picked this year because it's 30 years ago

almost anything from these artists (including kraftwerk) in the period 1975-1980 is great and in a lesser degree also 1970-1975 and 1980-1985 or so...... after that perhaps only some occasional good stuff..

AC/DC - High Voltage

Peter Frampton - Frampton Comes Alive

Boston - Boston

Aerosmith - Rocks

So many!

:rolleyes:

which ones?

624015[/snapback]

Metamorphoses ... "C'Est La Vie" and "Hey Gargarin" are my absolute favourite Jarre songs. And the rest on that album is really good aswell, only in the second half it weakens...

and Chronologie