another wanted :p

Anoebis

Well, now that I am searching for new ways in progressive-land, I can start digging some deeper... :P

A cd I totally adore is Vangelis - 1492, powerfull, dramatic, deep, sensitive... I know this might be synth-pop, or modern classical or simply ethnic ambient with vocals... Dunno, and whatever, what is sure is that I can't find this type of music within the psychedelic ambient niche, and well, I love it, so anybody that knows any more cds of Vangelis in that style or groups that make such music?

ps: so no psychedelic ambient needed, I am fully aware of what's happening in there and stuff as Solar Fields, Solar Quest and Bluetech I adore as well

Hmmm...

Like Vangelis on 1492 ... I know a bit of that album, but there is not much I can recommend.

Although there is one that coms to mind: Gandalf ... http://www.discogs.com/artist/Gandalf (that's not really complete ... look at http://www.gandalf.at/ for more and better informations).

I think the stuff you are looking for is somewhat classified as New Age. I'd suggest to search around in that sector...

you can always look for : very melodic, sometimes on the edge of normal trance, groovy but NOT housy, warm, dreamy progressive... and pitch it down 10 bpm  :)

606675[/snapback]

haha :lol:

I think that would sound horrible :P

Vangelis - Alexander has some nice symphonic and ethnic tracks, but the album has been bashed by a lot by fans... and not without reason because it gets pretty cheesy sometimes... however there are very nice tracks too IMO.

Also check out "Closing Titles from Mutiny On The Bounty".

Guest Cosmogenesis

From my greek compatriot Vangelis, I recommand you, if you're looking for deep sensitive experiences with particular atmospheres, especially "Oceanic", "Voices", and also, for older productions from him, "Antartica" and "L'Apocalypse des Animaux". :)

I'm almost sure that you will like also the "Alexander OST", as Khetzal & Chai's "Babylone Beach" is, in fact, a psy/goa trance version of "Roxane's dance" include in this album. :P

http://www.sonymusic.com/labels/sonyclassi...nderEPK_450.asx

Vangelis on Alexander

I like it, but at the same time I find it quite laughable. I mean, there's something undeniably cheesy in what he says and in the music he makes (and the movie itself is utter crap). Still, he's good and one of a kind... =)

Check out his setup, it seems he made it in such a way that he can play live with a massive symphonic sound.

It's more on the hippie-music kind of way but since you people mention Mike Oldfield you guys HAVE to check out Sally Oldfield's stuff. She's his sister. It might be too cheesy for you but I really love it way more than Mike's stuff.