WTF is this?!

Guest antic

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a promo in that plastic sleeve (second pic in the part under the description)?

600253[/snapback]

Yup, it's an advanced Twisted promo of the upcoming Koxbox album...

600273[/snapback]

Maybe I should rephrase my question, as I obviously know WHAT it is.

I meant, how can anyone do things like that, knowing about the current state of psytrance scene?!? It will definitely get on P2P networks any day now, so no one will be interested in buying the CD in six months when it gets released :angry:

Maybe I should rephrase my question, as I obviously know WHAT it is.

I meant, how can anyone do things like that, knowing about the current state of psytrance scene?!? It will definitely get on P2P networks any day now, so no one will be interested in buying the CD in six months when it gets released  :angry:

600283[/snapback]

Well, as much as I agree, I'm pretty sure it's not against the law to sell promos. No matter how much the scene is suffering.

Well, as much as I agree, I'm pretty sure it's not against the law to sell promos. No matter how much the scene is suffering.

600285[/snapback]

I have no idea about it, but do people who receive promos sign any agreements with labels that they will not copy / sell or mp3-ize it? If not, then they're (the labels) really stupid...

I have no idea about it, but do people who receive promos sign any agreements with labels that they will not copy / sell or mp3-ize it? If not, then they're (the labels) really stupid...

600296[/snapback]

I never signed anything.. didn't sell 'em either. If I worked for Twisted I would sure as hell not have this guy @ my promo list from this moment on..

600296[/snapback]

I've never signed anything on the promo lists I'm on... Usually there's an 'unwritten code' not to distribute unreleased stuff. This guy obviously didn't follow the code.

Could it be fake?

600333[/snapback]

I doubt it... The seller has 100% feedback + he's also selling a promo of the upcoming Western Rebel Allience album...

I don't think he's on Twisted's promo list, but he might be connected to a distributor and/or large retailer...

I meant, how can anyone do things like that, knowing about the current state of psytrance scene?!? It will definitely get on P2P networks any day now, so no one will be interested in buying the CD in six months when it gets released  :angry:

600283[/snapback]

What?

I've bought several albums that I've had as mp3 for several months, even years.

What?

I've bought several albums that I've had as mp3 for several months, even years.

600340[/snapback]

Come on, get real! Even I (and I buy a lot of music considering my budget) was for a long time delaying buying Prometheus' debut album, simply because it was on P2P networks over half a year before it was released. Until then, I knew every sound on it and with continuous flood of new releases it was really hard for me to buy something I already know so well instead of getting something new & exciting...

And most of people are much more 'liberal' in those things that I am, so I think Twisted lost big time on that release, even though - musically speaking - it's one of the best albums of last 4-5 years...

Come on, get real! Even I (and I buy a lot of music considering my budget) was for a long time delaying buying Prometheus' debut album, simply because it was on P2P networks over half a year before it was released. Until then, I knew every sound on it and with continuous flood of new releases it was really hard for me to buy something I already know so well instead of getting something new & exciting...

I see what you mean, thing is I don't find myself in a flood of continuous good releases I want to buy.

And most of people are much more 'liberal' in those things that I am, so I think Twisted lost big time on that release, even though - musically speaking - it's one of the best albums of last 4-5 years...

600386[/snapback]

I really want to like that album a lot, there's so much potential in it, but it just doesn't click so to speak. The previews I've heard of the upcoming album are a lot more exciting though.

I see what you mean, thing is I don't find myself in a flood of continuous good releases I want to buy.

Well, I think it's quite easy to find 2-3 good releases a month - that was the amount of new music I was buying back then. Now it's eBay mostly, because I too can't find almost anything interesting in new releases...

I really want to like that album a lot, there's so much potential in it, but it just doesn't click so to speak. The previews I've heard of the upcoming album are a lot more exciting though.

Different courses for different horses ;)

That's just an example of how bad promo policy & release schedule (remember that Twisted's music is released few months earlier in Japan, but they also have CD-rippers and internet, as far as I know) can affect sales. And Twisted's a master at it <_<

i dont get it. :huh:

Could you elaborate a bit on that? :)

i thought promos where 3-4 tracks from an upcoming album.not the whole album

600606[/snapback]

No, as far as I know nowadays 80-90% of promos look exactly like retail version, simply because the labels have no money to make additional, exclusive pressings for promos... The remaining 10-20% are CDR-s with tracklist on a card and 'real' promos.

But that's just what I imagine - we should ask DP or Guy Cohen ;):lol:

No, as far as I know nowadays 80-90% of promos look exactly like retail version, simply because the labels have no money to make additional, exclusive pressings for promos... The remaining 10-20% are CDR-s with tracklist on a card and 'real' promos.

600625[/snapback]

haha!

ok so this guy is selling his promo.what wrong can it do? he is not selling copies of it!

oh wait.ppl on the promo list are trusted people from the labels,that wont publish the stuff in the net?so this guy is selling it to anybody,that maybe will put it online.

thats it? did i figure it out? :D

600625[/snapback]

Twisted has different CD art for promos. Also they don't include the jewel case and the cover art has backside art at the back :)

Posted Image

All the recent ones have had the white design..

oh wait.ppl on the promo list are trusted people from the labels,that wont publish the stuff in the net?so this guy is selling it to anybody,that maybe will put it online.

thats it? did i figure it out? :D

yes :)