What are you guys using for basslines?

How do you make those fat basslines that you hear from for example FREq, Son Kite or Ticon? Those round but still electronic sounding ones.

Or the nice and round sub-basses? Any idea anyone? :D

I've used all sorts of things... Trilogy, Zeta, Absynth, ESM, Audiorealism Bassline, VB-1, Pentagon... it's all just a matter of tweaking until you get something you like.

yep.

Albino, Tau Pro, PlastiCZ. It's not what you use - it's how you use it. The bass never sound perfect "out of the box". You need to make it so using compressors, eq, distortion, whatever.

yep.

Albino, Tau Pro, PlastiCZ. It's not what you use - it's how you use it. The bass never sound perfect "out of the box". You need to make it so using compressors, eq, distortion, whatever.

565489[/snapback]

Teach me then :) I am used to do them with my Virus, and they sound good. But I am not too good with this software synths... leads and all that are fine, and I can do pretty fucked up eatstatic sounds, but basslines.... I am not the master of that yet :(

For that you need to know why a certain bass sounds good.

"fat" "round" "punchy" are all nice. but how does it translate into frequencies and dynamics of the bass? try to listen in a bassline what makes it fat. does it have high freqs? how fast does the filter envelope go?

when you understand how a good bass sounds - making it won't be that hard.

i use audiorealism bassline with waves Req compression, Rbass, Quadrafuzz and TC compressor. try getting the best sound out of the synth as much as u can. add subfrequencies if needed but not too much. a little distortion may also do the trick for that i use quadrafuzz which gives a nice punch. also use EQ very carefully , this is probably the most important part, to make it fit with the kick... finally the compression! i love the TC compressor!! but u may try many others, Waves C4 is also very nice... hope that helps-!!!!!

i perfectly agree with mike....therer many synths available for basslines, but u can only get that perfect bassline with the perfect eq and compression...

TRY THIS:make a bassline with vb-1. put the channel through an equalizer (or parametric eq if u're usin fruity) lower the highest frequency, followed by the 2nd highest which is to be lowered slightly less than and go on till u reach the low freqencies...it wrks 4 me....keep trying

happy tweaking!!! :P

You still can use the pulse Wave on your favorite bassline software

NOOOOOOOOOOOOB!!

566333[/snapback]

Are you talking to me? SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!!! :D :D

Nemo do you have Reaktor5?

I've made a very nice synth with some very nice bassline presets.

566657[/snapback]

Pavel, yes I do actually, I do all my fucked up sounds with that :D

Sounds good to me. As the track progresses you'll probably find yourself needing to add more highs to both the kick and bass though... or perhaps the kick has too much below 120Hz, it's difficult to tell.

Sounds good to me.  As the track progresses you'll probably find yourself needing to add more highs to both the kick and bass though... or perhaps the kick has too much below 120Hz, it's difficult to tell.

566833[/snapback]

Cool stuff :) The input is very well appreciated :) As I want to get away using the bassline from the virus completely, and use it only for effects and pads (which sounds the best anyways from the virus) :)

Cheers mate! :)

Yes... the kick is definitely way too bassy... it'll be out of proportion with the rest of the track. If your speakers don't give you an accurate picture down there, have a look at the kick/bass though a spectrum analyser - the bottom end of both elements should be about as loud as each other.

Yes... the kick is definitely way too bassy... it'll be out of proportion with the rest of the track.  If your speakers don't give you an accurate picture down there, have a look at the kick/bass though a spectrum analyser - the bottom end of both elements should be about as loud as each other.

566841[/snapback]

cool, ill do so when I boot back into the music partition, had to burn some stuff and smoke a ciggy :)

Great tips im getting, and its good im getting them while im working :) The track is really going well I think, ive added some really weird sounds to it from Reaktor, and it sounds just tooo damn weird to be true, but it sounds good :)

mm... i guess that your bass can sound better i think, more round. add some effects that can do a more liquid effects, like phaser or flangers in little proportions. i use that to make that effect. (well is just a suggestion :lol: ).

im trying to undestand collin, but still dont get it... what do you mean with "it will sound out of proportion"?...

well im addicted to sub basses, i like out of proportioness haha :D like midi-the delta style .

mm... i guess that your bass can sound better i think, more round. add some effects that can do a more liquid effects, like phaser or flangers in little proportions. i use that to make that effect. (well is just a suggestion :lol: ).

im trying to undestand collin, but still dont get it... what do you mean with "it will sound out of proportion"?...

well im addicted to sub basses, i like out of proportioness haha :D  like midi-the delta style .

567005[/snapback]

Yeah, I could make it more round, but im not after that at this moment. Im after that robot sounding (as almost put through a vocoder) type bass, but still not too much robot.. well kind of like the one that I am working on, but still not QUIET there.... :)

Yeah, I put flanger and phaser on my basses sometimes, it all depends what sound you would like to create. I find though, that if you do that, it takes away a lot of the lowlevels, and you need to add more eq, but still it doesnt really sounds nice.... oh well :) im just gonna keep on tryin with this software stuff :)

EDIT, NEXT bass will be a more round subby basy :) :)

i think vb-1 and tau bro are the best for basslines.

vanguard and albino also has some cool bass sounds :)

567334[/snapback]

tau? :) :)

EDIT: Got it :) Pro version or the old old one?